It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergencies Act REVOKED!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hopefully the truckers come back and the honking resumes.

The honking should intensify until freedom improves.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Politics commentator Black Conservative Patriot theorizes this was a stress test to see how far Trudeau could push this authority, and now he knows he can assert it again on a whim.

This^^^, but not only for Canada. I'm sure other nations leaders were quite interested in how this would turn out.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Your moment of truth surfaced Trudeau, and you were found WANTING, and not by a little bit.

Exactly.

I have said time and time again over the last two years that you have no leadership when the choices that are taken are those done so with an iron fist.

The iron fist is the easy option for them, the harder choices that require actual leadership qualities are those as you have outline.

He is a weak, self absorbed, fascist little prick that has the face of someone whom needs there ar$e handed to them, big time.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Will they un-freeze all the frozen bank accounts?

That was one of the more worrisome features of these emergency powers. That should NEVER have happened as a part of this response.

Yes.

RCMP working to ‘unfreeze’ protesters’ bank accounts, Ottawa says

Of cousre, for some, what little trust remained in banks may be gone for a very long time.

Viva Frei made a good point. If these banks froze the accounts before the act was even ratified and the the act was rescinded before ratification, then the banks were never operating legally and therefore open to legal actions.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Trudeu is dumb. They should of sent out the meter maids and just ticketed the truckers for improper parking daily. Then he could of just sat back and sipped on maple syrup.
edit on 23-2-2022 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Amen, this is a sign that they were aware of significant Canadian pushback or disagreement with his move.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

The prospect of that being the case, and I sincerely hope it is, is a beautiful thing to behold.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I'm both refreshed by people waking up to liberal/leftist insanity and overreach during Covid, including many of my Democrat friends/family, and also deeply worried that so many leaders are doing crazy things as if they have no fear of consequence.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Freedom loving Canadians will never give up. It's almost spring now and bikers will hit the roads.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

All he had to do was make it a 'confidence vote' so voting against it would create a new election, and the MPs afraid of not being reelected voted Fascism into Canada in a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

He is a weak, self absorbed, fascist little prick that has the face of someone whom needs there ar$e handed to them, big time.

HA! Love this statement!

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yes. Assuming he didn't actually want escalation, he's exposed himself as a real moron. If he wanted escalation in order to 'justify'--in his mind--the flexing of his federal muscles, then he failed to succeed in shutting down Canada's democracy. Although he sure did a lot of damage. I have lost a great deal of trust and naivety towards all our gov institutions. I no longer have any iota of trust or respect for parliament, provincial police, RCMP, etc. Such services are just mindless tools to be used by Parliament, just as Parliament is a mindless tool to be used by the global elite. There may be good people within such services, but there will always be enough to go along with the gov's overreach that police services will be used as Fascist stormtroopers at the drop of a hat against us by the elites on a whim.

To be fair, the military has stood against Trudeau sometimes though. They refused to help him repress the people (although they didn't stop it either.) They also resisted Trudeau when he tried to bring Chinese soldiers to train on Canadian soil. Yes, that really happened! Trudeau is a dangerous tyrant. But at least the military has shown some dignity as an organization. Call me naïve still, but part of me still hopes they will intervene at some point going forward to remove him from power. It's possible.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   

My gigantic global employer has shifted payroll from a stationed US facility to an 'e-thingy' that stinks of abuse. Way more worrisome changes. The playbook on covid is in full swing with no end in sight. Don't for a minute think this is anything more than a tactical step back.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The unfortunate part about the Act is that it's effective immediately upon declaration. Before a vote is taken.

That's the more concerning part. This needs to be challenged.

Trudeau is finished. No one will ever take him seriously again. Pure incompetence and cowardice on full display.

Honk Honk Honk

Have you ever heard of Herb's Truck Stop in Quebec?

Mandate Freedom.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

Oh yes. Trudeau still maintains his lies about all the good men, women and children who stood up peacefully against his tyranny. He hasn't changed and will never change.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Mandate freedom indeed! Trudeau has lost a tremendous deal of confidence, at the very least.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Politics commentator Black Conservative Patriot theorizes this was a stress test to see how far Trudeau could push this authority, and now he knows he can assert it again on a whim.

Like the illegal OSHA mandate by Biden. Just long enough to get their dirty work done, and to test how much the people are willing to take.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'm aware of stage 5's existence (a strategy guide for dealing with the 'pandemic' shared by those governments and business who are invested) and there's no doubt it will extend into '23.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's like these Commonwealth realms are in competition to see who can go full retard. Trudeau probably begged his mentor Dr. Ernst Stavro Klaus von Blohschwab for mercy.

The virtue signaling or "virtu" in Machiavellianism where Machiavelli inverts and says, "do what's right for you to stay in power", virtue is now a means to immobilize your opponents while you try to achieve more power.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yeah it may have been so sudden and overblown for Canadians that there was a significant backlash. It was pretty horrendous and inexcusable. He still needs to resign due to his significant betrayal of Canadians.

Not only resign, he needs serious prison time. But we all know that will never happen. The 'elites' get away with murder , literally and there are no repercussions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join