It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
People are fined everyday, is this the best thing for America. We spend millions of dollars each year and we always say why don't we spend some of that money here. Well we do spend some of it here. But, what if instead of spending money to pay off tickets no matter who you are. Everyone has to do community service. There should never be any Fines for parking in a handicapped spot, I mean honestly if a broke parent that is barely making it gets a ticket for parking in a handy capped spot the ticket is approx. $250 her paycheck all this week is around $400 or less ... then she can't afford to pay bills and put food in the mouths of her children so then she is forced to do a couple things ....

1.) Ask for help from someone she knows that may have alittle money to help her out. **Parents, friends, pimps, etc....
2.) She doesn't eat or even worse doesn't feed her child. *** Is this what the US really wants to do to it's citizens. ****Becaue on the real if you have money you don't have to worry about the fines you pay more money for a lawyer to take it off of your record completely.
3.)She misses her daughters b-day and doesn't get her any presents that hurts the daughters self-esteem and hurts the mothers self-esteem. and could lead to a life full of depression all because of a ticket. That the government could have said ... come on down here to the jail house every weekend for the next 10 and we will feed you here and we will go out all day and do community service. That would even keep the people with all that money from just speedking everywhere ... and donig whatever that they want b/c really what is $200 to a millionaire ??? What is $200 to someone that makes $300 a week ... Come on USA what are you doing to yourself. I guess this is why that mexicans and other countries look at us with stupid rules such as everyone has to have Automobile Liability insurance ... Who cares about the Automobile ... We should all be required to have Health Insurance. Who really cares about that big piece of metal what about that 2 year old that is in ICU !!!!

[CAPS TITLE ISSUE]

[edit on 30-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Money is a nasty thing, especially to those who don't have much.

Fortunately I can proudly announce that I have money. Generally I can do anything I want, I can enjoy the benefits of a brand new life which was set up directly for me. I'm a happy person who doesn't struggle because of parking fines, etc. Millions of dollars can do great things to me, and I have much to do in order to keep my cash in great shape.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
I mean honestly if a broke parent that is barely making it gets a ticket for parking in a handy capped spot the ticket is approx. $250 her paycheck all this week is around $400 or less ... then she can't afford to pay bills and put food in the mouths of her children so then she is forced to do a couple things ....

I find that not breaking the law can help with this issue. Don't to the crime unless you can do the time (or afford the bill).

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Money is a nasty thing, especially to those who don't have much.

Fortunately I can proudly announce that I have money. Generally I can do anything I want, I can enjoy the benefits of a brand new life which was set up directly for me. I'm a happy person who doesn't struggle because of parking fines, etc. Millions of dollars can do great things to me, and I have much to do in order to keep my cash in great shape.

Spread some of the wealth my way then! Can I ask what you have done in your life to acomplish the wealth you have?

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Termite197]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why do we raise the taxes on,.. cigarettes, alcohol, processed meat's, lottery's?

Is it becouse the upper class spends a significant portion of their income's on them? Nope.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Money is what makes the world turn. It's sad, but true.

What I would like to know is: Where do all my tax dollars go? Can I request an itemized statement from my local/state/federal authorities? Why are the streets so terrible, and the schools falling apart? Why do I have to pay tolls, on tollways that have huge potholes in them, that never seem to get fixed?

GRRRR.............

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I agree, money is an aweful thing and is once of the worstideas of mankind (along with the idea of owning land.) There are many sad sad cases out there, and belive me, as a child to a mother who teaches at a school with 98% mexican/hispanic children in the porest part of town well, she tells me alot of sad stories. And often it's noones fault: the single mother with the deadbeat dad, dumped with a bunch of kids and haveing to work two jobs.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They probably get foods stamps and are regulated to what type of supplies they can buy. At least that helps out a little bit, but what about if she were to get a ticket for anything. A $50 fine that she would have to pay out of 3 months would even be difficult for her. Why, as people in the US do we let this happen to OUR people everyday? Why are we so blind, in saying I have my money this is not affecting me I cannot open my eyes up and see what is happening two blocks down the street ?? We as Human being need to pull together here in America. Some where along the way of helping Israel fix there problems with Iran and Russia fixing thier problems with Czek's and North Korea and so on ... that we have lost site of the diasaster sites of our cities such as the Wards in Houston. Government officials could fix this all it would take is a couple million dollars and using these inmates that we have in jail for stupid stuff such as not paying child support. We could put his Ace to work then send his babies momma some money while we are fixing up the streets. But, I am sure there are so many scandals giong on inside the jailing system that we would have to do a reform before we coudl do that.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

I find that not breaking the law can help with this issue. Don't to the crime unless you can do the time (or afford the bill).

I guess there had to be some smart azz that comes in here don't do the crime unless you can do the time (or afford the bill ???) OH yeah it is don't do the Crime ....

But I guess you have money probably not by going to school and getting it yourself. It was probably passed down from generation on some Oil stocks or your grandparents got to some land first and then turned around and F*88ed someone to get some money. And now you have what it left of it.

If you don't have anyone in your recent family that is living on the streets, then you might not understand.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying because I've been there. The banks and big business love to prey on the weak. "Sure come and get a free account", and they are more than happy to help you bounce check so they can collect those fees. Then the more fees you pay, the harder it is to keep your head above water which makes it more likely that you will bounce checks.

It's so obvious that is what they are doing. The free accounts require direct deposit so they can collect your paycheck for the fees. Also they make sure and clear all drafts on your account for the day, before they will apply your deposits. To make matters worse the clear the largest items first, so they can collect more fees on all the smaller items that don't clear.

Of course they will say it's just business, but It feels like a system designed to keep you working like a slave until you die.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Its called free enterprise everybody is out there to make a buck out of you, every way they can.

Is about control, the wealthy have nothing to worry about, but the poor is just the target

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
I understand what you are saying because I've been there. The banks and big business love to prey on the weak. "Sure come and get a free account", and they are more than happy to help you bounce check so they can collect those fees. Then the more fees you pay, the harder it is to keep your head above water which makes it more likely that you will bounce checks.

Well, I don't understand. I am a poor person, and I have had a checking account most of my working life. My life is based on "paycheck to paycheck".

What banks have you been using that "help you bounce checks"? Didn't you expect a fee when you bounced a check?

My understanding when I have a checking account that it actually is against the law to bounce checks. Or, if I park in a handicapped zone and get caught breaking the law, I will have to pay a fee.

I don't have the money to pay these fees, so I don't bounce checks or park in handicap zones.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You are not poor, or you would know things come up. Whether it is in this little thing that the government throws at us called tickets. Or it is your child breaking her arm or getting sick. Or your children need money to buy .50 pop at school every day. That is $10.00 a week. With the discount lunches that I recieved. I drank water every day of high school because I didn't want that extra .50 but ... you already know about sacrifices I am sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You are not poor, or you would know things come up. Whether it is in this little thing that the government throws at us called tickets. Or it is your child breaking her arm or getting sick. Or your children need money to buy .50 pop at school every day. That is $10.00 a week. With the discount lunches that I recieved. I drank water every day of high school because I didn't want that extra .50 but ... you already know about sacrifices I am sure.

I do know about "things" not planned coming up. Sickness is one. I also know about drinking water because I can't afford anything else.

There is a difference, I believe, about deciding to bounce a check or park in a handicap area and then crying when you have to pay the fine.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I am not unhappy to be poor. It is a choice of life for me. Yes, it is different for you. It would seem that you have a family and need to care for them.

It is my hope that life will be easier for you soon.

top topics

join