It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain the difference.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Kabballah has the Quran. Christianity has the bible. Wicca has a book of shadows. What religion does the Torah constitiute? I thought it was Islam. However I believe they share many of the beliefs as in the Kabballah. So where is the line drawn that makes them seperate religions?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Kaballah is not the Islamic.

The Kaballah is from Mystic Jewish tradition.

The Qur'an belongs to Islam

The Torah belongs to Judaism.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
T^hen what book spawned the Kabballah. I know the tree of life comes from Abraham. Which is part of the bible. But what I have read from Kabballah they use the Quran.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Kaballah is nothing Islamic.

The Kaballah is pure Jewish Mysticism. It's referred as the 'dark side' of Judaism. It even includes magical practices which is taught to a select few.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Torah is the first five books of the Christian Bible.
Though the order changes from the Hebrew Bible to the Christian Bible, The first 5 are the same, (the Torah).
Read up on the Bible Code, it's some great stuff about encrypted message within the Torah. I'm not sure if it's for real, but it's great to read if your bored.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What about the Book of Enoch which is left out of the bible because of the countless contradictions to the rest of the bible. It is said that only Caine and Enoch walked with god. So why would they be judged so. It does say you must use mind and action(sons of fire, caine) as well as faith(sons of water, seth).

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cainecrawford
What about the Book of Enoch which is left out of the bible because of the countless contradictions to the rest of the bible. It is said that only Caine and Enoch walked with god. So why would they be judged so. It does say you must use mind and action(sons of fire, caine) as well as faith(sons of water, seth).

Good point. Yes, the book of Enoch was edited out of the Bible and we have the Vatican to thank for that. Who said the Bible was never tampered with?

Enoch wasnt the only book edited out. Dozens were edited out including the Book of Barabus where Jesus clearly states the coming of another prophet who will be named Ahmed. Ahmed and Muhammad being the same exact name, meaning the same thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Quabalah (the way I was taught to spell it) is a methodology for achieving an altered state of awareness.

Often applied to those who are accepted from the frame of being sages. The image presented most commonly presents a format from the orientation of paths.

Sephiroth are akin to the development of Chackras in the Hindu faith, or for that matter Chi' power with respect to the Orient.

For the record the legend states the knowledge inherent in the Quabalah was given to Moses by God.

Those so trained in its capacity were the only one's able to touch the Ark of the Covenant without dying.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
IN speaking of the "books" that were, indeed, removed from the Bible, I have provided a link to them. They have been labeled the "Lost Books", etc.
www.carm.org...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
The Quabalah (the way I was taught to spell it) is a methodology for achieving an altered state of awareness.

Often applied to those who are accepted from the frame of being sages. The image presented most commonly presents a format from the orientation of paths.

Sephiroth are akin to the development of Chackras in the Hindu faith, or for that matter Chi' power with respect to the Orient.

For the record the legend states the knowledge inherent in the Quabalah was given to Moses by God.

Those so trained in its capacity were the only one's able to touch the Ark of the Covenant without dying.

Any thoughts?

Toltec,
My understanding is that the Quabalah was actually derived from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. The Egyptian Book of the Dead being found in the cornerstone of an ancient temple while being maintained by the ancient Egyptian's. It has been written that when this 'book' was found, which was actually on a "iron tablet", this "iron tablet" was taken to the king and his scribes transalated it (ie: the 'book' or scrolls, etc.) off of it.
Moses, being raised in the Egyptian society, took the "knowledge of the Quabalah" (ie: the 'book' or scrolls, etc.) with him when he took the Israelites out from bondage/slavery.

I postedon this before but forgot the thread that had the info. that I am refering to.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i dont entierly believe the bible. some one could of just sat down years ago and took events and made those events into a kinda story. kinda like Homer and the Illiad and the Oddsey.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Correct Seekerof that is an interpretation, Moses having been considered a Son of Pharaoh was versed in the ancient ways.

As a result that knowledge was applied in a context which while slightly different entailed the fundamentals of Egyptian faith (a similar consideration can be taken with respect to the Ten commandments and the Negative confession).

My feeling is that the idea these documents are so similar is not necessarily an implication of fraud, but rather the idea that we are addressing in each case the same God.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i dont entierly believe the bible. some one could of just sat down years ago and took events and made those events into a kinda story. kinda like Homer and the Illiad and the Oddsey.

==========================================
absolutely correct, the old testament was written in Babalon
around 500 BC during the captivity of the Nation of Israel
it took generations of scribes from the Tribe of Levi to put all the heretofor verbal history onto paper and handed down from there
perhaps GOD allowed the captivity for just that purpose
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
i also belive that Moses received much religious inspiration
from the Egyptians the first civilization to belive in the One Sun God
maybe that is why God had Moses placed in a basket on a river as a child to grow in Egyptian culture
who knows?

any thoughts

tut

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Two methods of thinking existed within the Egyptian heiarchy (the MAYANS were not much different). First the idea that Human sacrifices were considered something God wanted and desired. With respect to the Egyptian system of belief, this fell under the Setian orientation (as Set was once Pharaoh,acknowledged as prophet by some who felt this was the way). The Osiran system of belief presented the alternative, Human sacrifice (or for that matter cannibalism) was a sin.

The question became was the human condition sacred and the response was yes (albeit to an extreme, in the sense that mankind was sociologically removed from
nature).

Our society as a whole has serious issues with extremism which is a problem we need to understand and deal with.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Indeed,

In similar manner the Torah required animal sacrifice in order to feed the tribe of Levi who cared for the Ark.
Then along came Christ who became the sacrifice therefore doing away with the neccesity
Perhaps this is why I am a hedonist?
The common religious mystical thread is clear

Tut

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Our society as a whole has serious issues with extremism which is a problem we need to understand and deal with.

Any thoughts?
=========================================

Allmost forgot,
Extremisim is a huge problem not only for our society but for all society and mankind.
How do you impress the wisdom of moderation on a world?

Tut

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen

Allmost forgot,
Extremisim is a huge problem not only for our society but for all society and mankind.
How do you impress the wisdom of moderation on a world?

Tut

Agreed tut,
Materialism has always been a given. But as you both have mentioned, materialism has grown to be one of the greatest 'tools' of extremism in its varied ways and implications.

To bring a world to undestand that materialism or extremism is going to take probably a/an world occurance for us too 'awaken' to this problem. 40,000 +/- children die a day in this world, mainly to hunger, but yet 50,000 +/- are born everyday also. With technology today, the nations of the world, if they so choose to, could end world hunger. I think this very problem is from the concept of materialism and extremism.
Its diffently going to take a world to "wake up" to this to realize that "we" is not solely attributed to self or a peoples or a nation but as one unified world consisting of Humankind/Mankind....a sense of All.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As I have learned, the system of Kabbalah was enclosed in the Book of Eternal Wisdom that was supposedly given to Adam in Eden by an archangel named Raziel. Raziel was the gatekeeper into the Highest Heaven and the guardian of eternal wisdom. When this book was given to Man, a war broke loose in Heaven and 1/3rd of the angels fell or were demonised. It is said that the angels managed to steal the book back from Adam and they threw it into the ocean, but God ordered Rahab, the great sea monster (Egypt) to retrieve the book and give it back to Man. The Book of Enoch is said to be a version of this book. The book of Enoch is refered to several places in the Bible, both the old and the new testaments, and contains visions of the unseen and the witness and judgement of the Watchers who rebelled against God and his sacred order and married daughters of Man who in their turn gave birth to the Nephilim, the terrible giants of the old. When the Watchers realised what they had done they taught Man all kinds of evil: how to make weapons and different sciences and many other things. Evil grew on Earth like never before until Enoch plead before God to make an end to the misery. God went to Noah, Enoch's grandson and showed him how to make a great ship that should be an Ark of Mercy to the children of Man and the other lifeforms under the Sun as well as all the substance in form of the wisdom the rest of the bible rests uppon. God then ordered the Flood to come, and the rest is told by Moses.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For those who are curious....

wesley.nnu.edu...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join