It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money in bank accounts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hi all.

So I hear talk online about possible bank bail-outs and that there would be a risk of banks seizing all your money ?
I live frugally , don't waste things, don't buy unnecessary , appliances and everything 20+ years old , so I have some money.
My reward for living within my means would mean me end up being robbed basically

Is there a real risk of something like this happening ?
What would be the best strategy to mitigate this ? How about moving more to my ETs (I have a vanguard account)?
I know vanguard/black-rock are possibly responsible for the plandemic, but I'm very unsure what to do.

I don't want to worry that I could lose all my money

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

If we get a blackout, pulse or anything else electronic or blanked out.. .forget getting it.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is less chance of loosing your money in a local credit union or community bank because it is insured. We are pretty much out of the stock market now, we still have like thirteen hundred shares of AT&T and that is about it. That company is half way secure, but they have been doing some unsecure stuff lately that I do not really like that, but I am not in charge. If it all crashes, you might have to wait for a while to get your money out of the bank, and by the time you do get it, it may be worthless.
Keeping money at home is risky too, I would not keep too much here, it attracts theives.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

If we get a blackout, pulse or anything else electronic or blanked out.. .forget getting it.

Always make sure you get a bank statement every month or at least quarterly. You will need proof of your money in the bank to get it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The problem is it is impractical to not have to deal with banks. It is risky keeping a lot of cash on hand. The electronic nature of our banking system has always bothered me. It is just 1s and 0s on a screen. Hit one button and your wealth is gone.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's a good idea with the bank statements. I went 'paperless' to save $3/month , but I think I will go back to them.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Unless they aren't open, no power, disaster, elects down, comm down, nets and phone, banks, store....and then...???????

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oops. My bad
edit on 01220931America/ChicagoWed, 19 Jan 2022 22:54:09 -060054202200000009 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 01224131America/ChicagoWed, 19 Jan 2022 22:55:41 -060055202200000041 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Can I add everyone? We train for this and a lot of things folks don't.

Please visit READY.GOV for survival lists, plans, idea for your family.

Thanks

EMT/ADV Disaster Life Supp
DHS/FEMA/CERT

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Unless you have your money at a bigger bank than yes i would be worreid i wouldn't worry if you had put it somewhere else that isnt as huge or big.

Even local ones.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
keeping your money in the bank is probably the worst think to do in my opinion. I keep enough money for an emergency in the bank and the rest of money goes into silver, or crypto currency. The banking system is failing now. There is a huge risk of banks freezing everything once the debt bubble pops.

If you want to hedge against the dollar imploding i recommend buying silver or bitcoin. Im convinced when the dollar collapses we will be able to choose between different currencies we want to use like gold silver or BTC or LTC.

The fed is trying to create a fedcoin which is a centralized cryptocurrency which they will probably try to make the world currency.

If you don't trust crypto though the most undervalued hard asset to keep your money in is physical silver by a long shot. The thing is the price has been rigged for 100+ years and if the dollar fails they won't be able to keep the price suppressed, the banks will have to cover their short position and the price will sky rocket.

But yeah i think we are a couple months away from complete economic collapse.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If anything happens where we can’t get access to our money in the bank, with all these masks laying around, and the new leniency on shoplifting, won’t be too difficult to go take some groceries from the store.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You could close your bank account now, request a paper paycheck, some companies still offer it if you push hard enough. An alternative is get a pay card which nearly all companies will deposit to and withdraw all your cash every paycheck. I convert my savings from paper to gold and silver, so it is easier to hide and significantly less vulnerable to physical damage. As an example, a bit of gasoline and a spark can destroy $2,000 of paper currency in the blink of an eye. A single gold coin, not so much. Not to mention the single gold coin is very simple to hide and transport.

As far as vulnerability to thieves, it is as simple as anything else you own of value. Nobody should know about it, and personal responsibility is a virtue of being a mature adult. Believing a third party can always protect and insure your wealth is a big reason of why society has gotten into this problem. Abdicating personal responsibility to another is a flawed choice and only serves to making an adult more reckless and less responsible.

I have not had a bank since 2016. Never seemed like much of a burden. we already own raw land, and plans are already in place as these eventualities have been planned for for the better part of a decade now. Anybody member on this forum that has been here at least ten years and is only now making their plans , well that's not on anybody but one's self.

As for you OP, potatoes, onions and piegon peas are suggested amateur beginner crops that can tolerate some neglect. Aloe plants, hibiscus and eucalyptus are also easy medicine plants for your most basic first aid and various simple ailments needs.

I may just eat my penalty and cash out my 401k soon if things are as bad as y'all suggesting. The money is sitting in funds that will not really suffer in any imminent equities crash. But i keep hearing you folks say banks are about to steal our funds, so I suppose this could include retirement accounts but I have not read anything on the matter.

Are there any plans on the table someone could link to which would indicate funds confiscation would go past bank deposits and include IRA'S , 401's, and/or pensions??

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That is when I go fishing and work in the garden. not owing a penny on your house is nice, the bank will never lose track of money you owe them.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Easy.

Inflation is coming. Sitting money is doing nothing but losing value and the prices of everything are going up.

Spend it on things you will need for the foreseeable future. Food, water, security, property, etc.

If you already have all that pay off debt, buy tangible assets like gold & silver.

Maybe Put throw away money in crypto just in case. Consider it gambling.
edit on 19-1-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't trust cryptocurrencies. Where would I even begin looking into that ? Is bitcoin.com legitimate?
And what about the stock market , index funds etc ?
Where would I buy gold or silver?

edit on 19-1-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I know what EAP2013 says in Canada on Page 144 and 145.... It says the banks can "Bail-in" themselves, meaning remove all value from depositor accounts. This will happen when the IMF refuses to forward any more credit to the banks to load to the government. Look up Basel Accord if you are in Canada, one of PE Trudeau's treasons that has been upheld by every PM in Canada making them all traitors. I expect there is similar legislation in all countries.

You'll find it starting on Page 144 under "Establishing a Risk Management Framework for Domestic Systemically Important Banks" here at Budget 2013.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/19.2022 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   

In the event of a complete collapse, even a full out war cash will retain at least some value for quite some time and that value may come back to stable levels when and if the economy comes back before new currency is printed.

But electronic records including back account's may be lost or even deliberately deleted or seized by bank's or governments during such a crisis.

Assets, portable assets, diamond's, ruby's, emerald's, gold, silver or other such items may be a wise investment, however were do you store them, put them in your home and you get burgled, put them into a safe deposit box and the state seizes it.

A Jewish tradition which given how the Jewish people were and are often persecuted and driven from there homes losing everything even being massacred again and again throughout history was to have small easily carried and concealed extremely high value items such as for example the Dutch Jew's life diamond's which were usually large, often uncut diamonds they would swallow at bad times such as the NAZI's, the idea was simple you would be able to sell it and start all over again once you found somewhere safe.

Societal collapse as sold by the survivalist merchants that just want you to buy there stuff and bunkers form them so they can then go and live in a nice condo with open planned space and views of the sea (honestly talk about do what I say not what I do) are telling will happen won't, if it even came near it would instead turn into a civil war but people crave order they will join a side and all those survivalist lunatic camps will then either have to pitch in or be taken over by force if they are deemed a threat to either side because those sides will organize, will arm, will sort there logistics and will even do international business, arms deals and other deals to raise funds for there war efforts.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
I don't trust cryptocurrencies. Where would I even begin looking into that ? Is bitcoin.com legitimate?
And what about the stock market , index funds etc ?
Where would I buy gold or silver?

Create an account at a top crypto exchange like Gemini, coinbase, binance, etc..

You can store your coins in a wallet for ore security.

It's pretty easy to do if you just research how.

Regarding banks seizing assets. That would only happen in extreme situations and very unlikely. You could buy physical things like gold / silver. However, if banks suddenly stop working and a societal collapse, then money isn't going to matter much.

edit on 20-1-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Can I add everyone? We train for this and a lot of things folks don't.

Please visit READY.GOV for survival lists, plans, idea for your family.

Thanks

EMT/ADV Disaster Life Supp
DHS/FEMA/CERT

It was last updated Jan . 18,2022

I'm actually use some of this on my next cross country cycling tour. www.ready.gov...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join