It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Too Sleepy for Sex, Poll Finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
link

this is pretty funny...

and sad...

here is a chart...

enjoy!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That is funny, glad it doesn't pertain to me...

Icelandia

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sleep really is a great excuse! Much easier to say than:

You smell funny
Stuff gets on the sheets
It's lousy, so why bother
My thighs are too fat today
Your hair grease might get on me
You make me feel as sexy as an earthworm
You're a selfish lover
If you only knew how to touch me..
I ate too much at dinner and feel sick
I'm mad at you and don't feel very close to you
I have to like you to be intimate

and so on....

Is it me or does sex lead to BETTER sleep? I don't buy the too tired excuse.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think our society is a stressful society and people are having difficulty relaxing and enjoying a nice romantic time.

A quick fix is what is dominating our bedrooms now a days, we all have busy lives and long days.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Glad i don't have a girlfriend yet
. Hopefully by the time i'm 30 the economy and less work might be available. Sometimes i love being human
. It's kind of funny but sad, were at the time that men don't really want to have sex, dooms day is soon

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Americans are getting as fat as the Aussies are...
No wonder that they are too sleepy for sex.

Oh well, of course this may pop up in the mind of an European...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
People just don't make time for it. They take the time they have together for granted when they need to take some time out of every day to communicate and be intimate. My fiance and I have been through (and resolved) more issues in the year and a half we've been together than most married couples we know that are approaching 10 years. While I don't think we're at the end of our arguments by any stretch, they come few and far between, and we always make sure to understand where the other is coming from.

A little communication, appreciation, and some time set aside just for you and your significant other can make a world of difference in the more intimate aspects of a relationship.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can definitely understand the effects of sleep deprivation on intimate relationships. There are times that I'm so tired that it takes more, but not much more, than the casual hint of sex to get me "awake". I can see this being a big problem with couples where one partner is the bread winner. Throw in children, and who has the time or energy to want to roll in the hay. My solution to this is to just do away with foreplay and get right to it, that way most of the remaining energy is conserved for the actual "showtime"

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I say if you're tired, go to sleep and have sex in the morning after you wake up. I swear by it. Besides, my girlfriend is really cute right after she wakes up.

It's better than Wheaties!

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think the day I pass up sex for sleep...is the day i die inside

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by subscorpion
I think the day I pass up sex for sleep...is the day i die inside

lol, here here, scorpion

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It would be easy to pass on sex if your involved in a relationship where the female lets her self go physically and becomes un attractive. If your married or common law and go have an affair, the woman gets everything materialistically speaking. You lose everything thus its easy to just say no.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Missing sex for sleep is not a problem. Missing sleep is a problem, having less sex is a side effect.

One of my strengths has always been that I don't need a lot of sleep, among other things. I can operate perfectly normal on 5 hours of sleep a day. That isn't to say I don't enjoy sleeping greatly, I do and try and sleep more than that, but it is the base of what I need, I have learned. That being said...

*looks forward to college*

new topics

top topics

join