It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to create secret list of "unstable" nations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Negativenihil, I will agree with you in the intervention matter, I wonder how many Americans knowing the deficit and national debt we are into, would be happy to have more money committed to invade and pay for reconstruction in other nations.

This quote from the link will make any American scream in outrage.

Pascual said conflict prevention and postwar reconstruction had become a "mainstream foreign-policy challenge" because of the dangers of terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.

Actually the only country to come out with this idea and have it executed is the US so far, and occurs is our money the one to be used for the “postwar reconstruction”.

So how many Americans will agree with sacrificing our nation and our economy for the “good of the world”

Yes only a few will profit from actions like this and is not the American public.I think two war has been enough they have proven to be quite expensive.

Both on lives and money.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

umm xmotex, we are intervening in Iraq right now so maybe it is on the list.

Yeah but the Administration's policy seems to be to pretend that things in Iraq are all peaches and cream these days. Somehow it's not a civil war even when Iraqis are killing Iraqis every day, not to mention our own soldiers.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
deltaboy, I'm not Chinese...So, yall wrong with yalls analysis...

Nygdan, thanks for making your presence known... I forgot what it was you said though...

Anyways NegNihl...good post

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So how many Americans will agree with sacrificing our nation and our economy for the “good of the world”

Good catch marg

Even since before the war on terror, i've felt we need to get our own house in order before rushing off to solve the world's problems, for that exact reason. This is our tax money that's being spent... money that could be spent on fixing the crumbling infastructure or providing up to date school materials...

I'd just hate for our country to go through another depression before the general public catches on...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
what the list doesn't inform the reader is what role the US played in assistng the insurgencies to destabilize the country. the modus operandi borrowed from the Balkans seems to be to have the CIA and special ops aid the local insurgent groups in staging protests and hit-and-run raids on the government to try to provoke a crackdown on dissidents. the palestinians used to do the same in order to provoke reprisals by the Israelis and thus hope to turn world public opinion to their cause.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
sigh, i guess u people are right we need to deal with our own problems and let others deal with them, i realize that it was not former president Bill Clinton's fault for the 1994 Rwanda genocide, even though he apologize since in my opinion he really dont need to. The UN should have dealt with it, but then it would involve American troops just like Somalia in 93 when Delta and Rangers intervene with the UN peacekeepers but we took casualties and left, UN follow later. If North Korea wants South Korea back it should not be our problem, if China wants Taiwan back then it is not our problem, if the Serbs want to commit genocide again against Muslims in former Yugoslavia then it is not our problem.

i realize if we don't intervene other peoples affairs like in the 1999 Kosovo bombing or other conflicts it will save money and lives (Americans of course, no other lives important than Americans).

[edit on 29-3-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Are we going to start the whole , "lets blame clinton/UN/everyone else for not doing crap" arguement....

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
World to create public list of superpower(s) run by corrupt self-serving administration(s) behaving as rogue state(s) bent on foreign invasion(s).

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
almost every major nation would have a list of nations so unstable it may consider a threat to their national security and maybe asking for intervention, like if Saudi Arabia becomes instable we may have to intervene to not let it fall into Al Qaeda's hands for example. I may not like it but we may have to do it.

Don't you mean Al-CIAda?

Whew, doggie, thanks for that laugh, I really needed it.

Seriously, I ain't insulting your intellect, I'm just pointing out that the CIA funded Al-Qaeda AND Osama. But, I do agree with you on one point; we shouldn't let Al-CIAda get control of these countries because America is on a rampage right now.

You know what the funniest thing is? America will fall (oh yes, it will
), but the people responsible for this whole debacle will PROSPER!!!
But how, Truthseeka, you might ask? Well...

I personally feel that this new development is another smokescreen. Anti-US sentiment is worldwide, and this unstable list simply adds to it. So, when the US invades other countries, we look like the bad guys. But, when the NWO takes over, we'll all see that we have been hoodwinked. America will no longer be a 1st world country, yet wars will still be rampant...

OK, stop laughing for a sec and listen to me. It is PUBLIC that the Bildeberg group exists, as well as the CFR and the Trilateral Commision. The Illuminati is also real, but I won't mention them because you're barely believing what I'm saying now. It was the BILDEBERGERS who wanted the war in Iraq, NOT the US. The top 1-5% of the world also want America's wealth redistributed; how much $hit do you see that's "made in China?"

Isn't it funny that there's a WOT, yet our borders are WIDE OPEN? Couldn't terrorists (if they were real) just waltz over the border and wreak havoc? But, I guess it makes more sense for them to fly overseas and attack us...

I guess I'm getting off topic, so all I'll say is that this new list, suspect as it is, is just another distraction. But it is funny that they would keep it secret, oh wait, Bush has a fetish for secrets...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
thanks for making your presence known... I forgot what it was you said though...

I think i said you were a wimp or a faux-radical or something. Maybe I said that you can't deal with criticism or something instead. I dunno.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Make sure the USA is on top of that list!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry if someone said this already, I'm to tired to read all the posts.

I would say there creating this list and keeping it secret because there making a list of countries that they can take over, or start a war on false justifications, which would end up doing the first thing I said.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Make sure the USA is on top of that list!

Ha ha, nice one drfunk!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hm, that is interesting.

Perhaps I do not agree with it, but we will see where it takes us. Time will tell, time will tell.

-wD

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join