It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to create secret list of "unstable" nations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hrm, i guess the Axis of Evil wasn't large enough...

washingtontimes.com...

U.S. intelligence experts are preparing a list of 25 countries deemed unstable and, thus, candidates for intervention.

Intervention?!?! are we really in a position to intervene anything at the moment?

The National Intelligence Council, a State Department office that collates intelligence for strategic planning, will compose and revise the secret list every six months, the Financial Times reported Tuesday.

Why keep this secret?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
next they will make a list of unstable people and Iwill be on it and then I will be able to fight to the death against evil american imperialists

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
next they will make a list of unstable people and Iwill be on it

I'm sure if and when that time comes, you'll hardly be the only person on that list.

Still - i don't understand what benifit there is with keeping a list of nations we don't approve of secret.

Here is another source for this story for those interested:
interestalert.com.../sn/03290004aaa00d24.upi&Sys=siteia&Fid=FRONTPAG&Type=News&Filter=Front%20Page

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

next they will make a list of unstable people and Iwill be on it and then I will be able to fight to the death against evil american imperialists

All us "unstable" types that frequent boards like this and call nice Mr Bush nasty names will end up in "rehabilitation" camps until our outlandish behaviour is normalised by the calming effect of medication and electrodes to the genitals

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well intervention can come in many different ways, I think the most popular is to create a enough chaos and mayhem as in a "bomb attack" that will trigger the population into fighting back.

Occurs the nations involve will be backing up anything that the population may want to put pressure in their "unstable" governments.

Example, Syria and Lebanon.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Since you are too scared to post pictures of orphanages in china or other secret information, I seriously doubt that, even if the government was made aware of you, that they'd even think of considering you a 'threat'. Besides, there is absolutely nothing preventing you from fighting against the US. You're in china, you can surely get to afghanistan easily enough. If people can get there from arabia, you certainly could. Or you could join the chinese military. Or go to iraq. Or anything.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This list isn't that much secret, and it was expected long ago that the US will keep an eye on these nations. Since 911 the US has actually found a new way of making money, combined with prevention. And I'm not saying that they are doing it wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
hey OOPs you still have problems with Taiwan why don't you deal with them since yall consider them unstable aniways. also the Vietnamese are still afraid of China since yall fought couple of decades ago. i remember yall lost that border "incident".

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
hey OOPs

Can we try to stay on topic?

How do you feel about a list of secret enemies deltaboy?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
it says unstable not enemy, check your words again.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
almost every major nation would have a list of nations so unstable it may consider a threat to their national security and maybe asking for intervention, like if Saudi Arabia becomes instable we may have to intervene to not let it fall into Al Qaeda's hands for example. I may not like it but we may have to do it.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I see you've got nothing to add to this thread.

The reason i have interchanged the word "unstable" with "enemy" is because we have a habbit of bombing nations as a means of intervention... and well you don't bomb your friends and Allies do you?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

True....The US must maintain and track all future and currect potenitial threats.

It only make sense, since when did the W-post become a reliable source of "Intel"...

Common sense would dictate....

link   

like if Saudi Arabia becomes instable we may have to intervene to not let it fall into Al Qaeda's hands for example. I may not like it but we may have to do it.

Ha, US in South Arabia, that is something I would love to see...........taking in consideration the open love affair of the ruling class and the bush administration through their investments.

They will love and welcome US troops in their land.

I tell you what US would not touch South Arabia if the monarch gets overthrown by the people, it will be a military suicide.

But I bet the king and the family will be welcome in the US

link   
why should we bomb our friends and allies
you are not making sense

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

you are not making sense

No your just not interpreting it right....please re read what he said....

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
who knows marg, we may have to go invade Saudi Arabia if Al Qaeda manage to take over the country, you can never tell what the CIA or Pentagon really does, they are unpredicatble.

link   

We wouldn't, that was the point. You implied in your previous post that the nations on this secret list wouldn't be considered "enemies" and merely as unstable nations.

i disagree with this, and feel that any nation that ends up on this secret list will risk an attack or invasion.

link   
I wonder if Iraq will be on this list, as it seems pretty 'unstable" at the moment.

Why do I have a feeling this list is basically going to essentially be a list of "countries that don't do everything we say and say uncomplimentary things about us in public?"

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
umm xmotex, we are intervening in Iraq right now so maybe it is on the list.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join