It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans show they are no friends of U.S. - again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In the following article, you will see yet another outrage as Mexican fans boo during the U.S national anthem and then attempted to harass the U.S. players with shouts of "Osama, Osama".

Mexican morons

In response, how about "Remember '48", as in 1848 when U.S. forces captured Mexico City? Trouble is, we gave it back to them. If we'd kept it back then, all those illegal immigrants wouldn't be illegal, they'd already be home right where they are and no doubt a lot better off than as Mexican citizens.

[edit on 3/28/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I cant believe I am about to say this...BUT:

Its about time for a very large, thick wall with armed men at the Mexico border with a shoot on site doctrine. Then a nice set of sanctions on Mexico until they show they can get some mannors and a grip on thier people.

How many BILLIONS of US dollars are spent in Mexico each year? How many 10's of millions of US dollars are sent back home to Mexico each year by ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS living and working in the US?

And they have the nerve to boo one of our teams. PATHETIC!

Its time for a lockdown folks...

[edit on 28-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ahhhh... but Chakotay says "Open the border... all the U.S. is really mexico."

Now that that's been posted I have saved him the trouble of posting that nonsense in this thread. The fact is... Mexican citizens want nothing more than all the money and power that they percieve Americans as having. Why should the Mexican people have it? There isn't a rational answer to that anywhere in the world. Why do the American people have it? Because contrary to the opinion of some, Americans are for the most part a very hard working, industrious people that innovate and achieve. I have seen latino people in the streets of Los Angeles waving mexican flags while they burn the American flag, what would they think if we started burning the mexican flag at our public protests?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
The fact is... Mexican citizens want nothing more than all the money and power that they percieve Americans as having. Why should the Mexican people have it? There isn't a rational answer to that anywhere in the world. Why do the American people have it? Because contrary to the opinion of some, Americans are for the most part a very hard working, industrious people that innovate and achieve. I have seen latino people in the streets of Los Angeles waving mexican flags while they burn the American flag, what would they think if we started burning the mexican flag at our public protests?

Damn, that's an excellent post. You get my vote for way above.

As for the protests, it's about time we started giving back a ration of, uh, their own medicine to all these U.S. wannabes. Got a match, anyone?
mexican flag

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I was watching the US and Mexico soccer match and when they showed the crowd there was a man with a sign that said...

"Remember the Twin Towers"

I dont understand how anyone of any nationality could find that appropriate.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Im assuming that none of you have ever been or watched a soccar game during the world cup
People get all crazy and do alot of stuff like burn flags say stuff about other countries like that. Its all part of the sport. You think its bad here you should go over to Europe

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeidz
I was watching the US and Mexico soccer match and when they showed the crowd there was a man with a sign that said...

"Remember the Twin Towers"

I dont understand how anyone of any nationality could find that appropriate.

Very well put. Short and sweet and to the point. Bravo! Bravo!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Im assuming that none of you have ever been or watched a soccar game during the world cup
People get all crazy and do alot of stuff like burn flags say stuff about other countries like that. Its all part of the sport. You think its bad here you should go over to Europe

Glad you brought this up. You see that's one of the (good) differences between U.S. citizens and the rest of the world. Can't speak for what would happen now that the mexicans have acted in such an uncivilized way, but I think it would be extremely unlikely so see U.S. citizens acting like that when we host some other country's team.

A good example might be the Salt Lake City Olympics. Don't recall any news stories showing U.S fans acting like that.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Im assuming that none of you have ever been or watched a soccar game during the world cup People get all crazy and do alot of stuff like burn flags say stuff about other countries like that. Its all part of the sport. You think its bad here you should go over to Europe

A bit of a generalised statement there. In some countries (such as the recent farce where black English players where taunted by Spanish) football "hooliganism" is alot more widespread, and dare I say it, accepted.

Here in England, we gained a bad reputation for it, and have all but stamped it out over the past decade. We still get a bad rap though, but recently it has been shown that English fans seem to alot better behaved than some of our European cousins.

Football in Engalnd now has a very family orientated image, and my own club, Reading (up the Royals!!
) has an excellent reputation. Just go to any game, and you can see young and old, Parents with kids, all having a good time. Some clubs though, such as Millwall (boo!
) still carry a bad reputation, but only due to a very small percentage of idiots who seem to revel in causing violence. It's just the nature of the game, as it is fast paced and exciting, that makes some act like idiots!

Please, America, don't let this put you off Football (Soccer), it's a great game, and at least here in England (and Scotland and Wales) you will always receive a warm welcome...........then we will beat your team into submission!!! Mwoohahahahahahaa!!

(actually, judging by Englands recent form, you may stand a chance.....)

[edit on 28/3/05 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Glad you brought this up. You see that's one of the (good) differences between U.S. citizens and the rest of the world. Can't speak for what would happen now that the mexicans have acted in such an uncivilized way, but I think it would be extremely unlikely so see U.S. citizens acting like that when we host some other country's team.

Apples to oranges. Soccer fans boo the other team from the other country, no matter what kind of international relations the countries have with each other. It's not about politics. It's about Rooting For The Home Team.

Martians would have gotten the same treatment.

A good example might be the Salt Lake City Olympics. Don't recall any news stories showing U.S fans acting like that.

Oh, US fans will boo just about anything... including hot dog vendors who drop hot dogs: www.scrappleface.com...

And I could just FILL your EARS with some of the stuff that goes on at our soccer games! We're talking US citizens to US citizens! The way that adults behave to our kids and the booing that they do and the other immature stuff is just UNBelievable!!!!!

And you're making some kind of international outrage over soccer fans? Come to one of our kids' soccer or baseball games and you'll get a REAL waker-upper!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
People all over the world take sports way too seriously these days. Sports were originally designed to be an adrenaline rush for the players, and a chance to relax and enjoy some entertainment for the spectators. But, in the modern world, sports is serious business, and and there's nothing relaxing, entertaining, or... civil about it.

And, no matter how "normal" soccer fans worldwide may act, what the Mexican fans did and said was totally inappropriate, and intolerant. This didn't even make the mainstream news, but what do you suppose would have happened if Americans cheering their team against Mexico in a soccer game in the U.S. were caught booing the Mexican national anthem, and yelling "Napoleon III! Napoleon III!" during the game? There would have been an international outrage...

...I so hate double standards...

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
I have seen latino people in the streets of Los Angeles waving Mexican flags while they burn the American flag, what would they think if we started burning the mexican flag at our public protests?

If Americans burned Mexican flags in the U.S., the burners would get sued (possibly by the ACLU?) until they had nothing left. If Americans burned Mexican flags in Mexico... it would be considered an act of war, or at least terrorism.

Here's some food for thought -- there are 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. -- 10 million of which are from Mexico alone. Also, 43 of the 50 States in the U.S. have populations of 10 million or less...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The nerve of them!

Sure, come here illegaly, take over the jobs, avail themselves of every hand out known to mankind, send money to Mexican relatives--then they treat us like dirt!

Oh, Mr. President, when the h--l are you going to close the borders for good?
Its time!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The nerve of them!

Sure, come here illegaly, take over the jobs, avail themselves of every hand out known to mankind, send money to Mexican relatives--then they treat us like dirt!

Oh, Mr. President, when the h--l are you going to close the borders for good?
Its time!

lol, yea those people hate us and would like to see us all dead but they like to come to our country because they like our $$$ and earn at least 5 times more here in the US then in their home country for the same amount of work. EVIL...

[edit on 29-3-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You guys are getting to worked up over this. There have been worse things done at soccar games. Hell once when Croatia was playing Italy I called an Italian friend of mine a spaghetti eating bastard. We ended up winning 2-1

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why would Bush do anything? he has already made new laws making it legal to hier illegals......

Anyways, in Arizona they doing a minute man militia. I want to join, but need to save money for a 50 caliber and other supplies.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Let the militia do the job a government should do. There's something very wrong with this. But then again there's something wrong with Bush.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Drudge report is reporting the US to add 500 new agents on border to help.

www.washtimes.com...

[edit on 30-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I cant believe I am about to say this...BUT:

Its about time for a very large, thick wall with armed men at the Mexico border with a shoot on site doctrine.
[edit on 28-3-2005 by skippytjc]

OH MY gawd.............A convert to the "acidation" of america.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

In response, how about "Remember '48", as in 1848 when U.S. forces captured Mexico City? Trouble is, we gave it back to them. If we'd kept it back then, all those illegal immigrants wouldn't be illegal, they'd already be home right where they are and no doubt a lot better off than as Mexican citizens.

Why don't you do that then? Instead of throwing a hissy fit, think up some decent chants, go to the next game and give 'em back what they give you! Its what football is all about!
And preumably, as this was played in Mexico, these aren't likely to be illegal immingrants come back for the day from the US? So how can they be accused of being 'those people [that] hate us and would like to see us all dead but they like to come to our country because they like our $$$ and earn at least 5 times more here in the US then in their home country for the same amount of work'? They're just football fans doing what football fans do. Using chants,whistles, boo's etc., to rile the other team and its fans. And look, you fell for it. And you lost, so it worked!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We as Americans don't feel a chant is going to do enough. Just ask those pacer basketball fans that got that Azz whoopin...

[edit on 3/30/2005 by bet555]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join