It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiavo's parents and husband now fighting over method of burial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well it seems that the husband is going to have her autopsy perform so people can see what once and for all that he didn't cause the injuries on his wife.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
americans

really you people don't get it do you? yes i know i'm generalising. and i got reasons for that.

all over the globe there are hundreds of thousands of people who are in coma. almost an equal amount of them are braindead for several years. do you hear anyone, besides the family, about that? nope. so what makes this case special? absolutely nothing.

only difference with other cases is that this one has gone to court many times in almost 15 years or so. why? because the family are selfish and can't accept their daughter has been dead for almost 15 years already. instead they want to keep the corpse warm and make their daughter suffer in what they believe is "life". on the other hand you got the man, motives unknown yet due to media people suddenly feel this man is evil incarnate.

for many years this woman has shown that she is dead already. all her "reactions" aren't from a conscious level. they come from the back of the mind which is "programmed" to make automatic responses to certain stimulation. her brain was dead for 90 or so percent.

many times this woman was cut off for food and ready to leave. then she was pulled back at the last minute every time. any idea how cruel that is? let her rest already.

because it has been on the news and the media has shown "sympathy" images of this woman everyone suddenly feels sorry. aaww how nice...and so naive. i don't see anyone caring for all the other coma patients with the very same fate in life.

people who go to church, thinking they understand the teachings and what not are one of the worst people in this case. they suddenly start to protest saying that this is murder and #. if you were a believer of religion you wouldn't even accept medical aid to begin with, because if god thinks it's your time he will take you. but then again, people these days think they are god and have the right to decide whether to keep someone artificially warm and suffering instead of doing the humane thing and let the coma patients, who are braindead, go to rest. i felt especially sick when these naive church goers started to use their children to protest and such.

and the pro-life activists. omg they are the most hypocritical of all the people who got themselves involved in this. trying to hire a hitman to take away life from 2 perfectly healthy human beings...for what? to "save" the woman so she can suffer for many more years to come?

I can't believe, a so called free and openminded society like usa, still has to debate over topics like this. you should have it sorted by now already. instead you're like 50 years behind of many other countries when it comes to this topic.

it's quite simple and i'm gonna lay it out for you all. when someone hits the state of coma there is still a chance they will come back. so the first few years they will just be sleeping in a hospital. if the hospital is a good one they will perform regular check ups on the patients. during one of the check ups, in due time, brain deterioration will be noticed. when most of the brain is dead you let the patient sleep in. no pain for the patient and they can rest instead of being kept "alive" like a damn plant. even the families can find peace in that because they want whats good for the other instead of being selfish and thinking they know whats best for the other while they don't. like in the shiavo case where her parents and most of amerika seems to have wanted to make this woman suffer if they had their way. even bush seems to have wanted to make her suffer, but then again he's an idiot. and thats a whole new topic.

so now this woman is finally allowed to find rest. but just like expected from the media, and how they manipulated most of the population, they will drag on the story. after all you need a scapegoat now to please the concervative/religious idiots and anyone else that was against letting this woman find peace. and who is the easiest the pick on? indeed the husband.

no one seems to know his real motives (yet). all is just speculation upon speculation. even in this thread i seen one ignorant peron (topic starter, no offense intended) say that he was trying to hide something by wanting to cremate his wife. all this bull#. so he changed his mind now. i'd do the same when so many people would bitch at me blaming me for things i didnt do. this autopsy will proof he didnt do a thing and that the woman was dead as it was. this proof which he'll gather can then be used in future law suits, which he'll probably have to deal with. seeing so many people believe he is a murderer @: if the autopsy proofs he did kill her. then so be it, but i doubt it, unless things get tempered with. which isn't unusual for those parts of the world.

after all...digging up dirt, making up dirt and making someone look real evil just to make the other party look good so they can recieve sympathy is the american way. just look at how things are done in the court of law on an almost daily base. don't tell me it's not true, i got satalite tv and can recieve various channels all across the globe.

in short, i'm disgusted at how badly a country like this deals with coma patients who are way past gone. so inhumane, selfish and cruel. it's still treated like a taboo

i'm glad i live in the Netherlands. sure we got our problems, but at least we got things sorted when it comes to live and death :@

as for me personally. i got my will and everything sorted already. and that at age 21. it's best to embrace death then to fear it and look at it like some sort of taboo. after all, death is just another aspect of life. either accept it all, or don't accept anything

ps
as for the burial method. either way will be fine. the outcome is still the same. its not like you need your body on the other side anyway. once again this is just a selfish issue. you want to cremate her to feel peace with yourself? (husband) or do you want to bury her to find peace with yourselves (parents).

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
News events such as this while compelling, indicate a multi-purpose category including psychological operations on the American people.

It is obvious that a euthanasia agenda has dominated the monopoly news, while token opposition has entered into play with the character of the parents. The clear moral choice is what matters when all the evidence provides ample reasons to continue to maintain the life of Terri.

We the American people are being hypnotized by the news media to accept the unacceptable, namely the demise of a woman at least at the threshold of consciousness who has been denied proper medical care and rehabilitation.

While the entire news event is clearly a matter of good verses evil, right verses wrong, the more objective assessment in the background shows the essential distraction from more centrally important events happening in the present situation. While no one would suggest life and death struggles are anything less than centrally important to the actors, a larger theater is happening in in world that clearly delineates a grand failure of moral leadership. All of these people, the courts, the executive, the legislative, has engineered their own sense of helplessness. At least the congress and the executive are known for their exercise of immense power, yet they stand helpless before an insistent husband, and one judge who will not listen to the evidence presented. So too the Florida Governor who should be capable as both from a powerful family, and as the brother of the President of the United States, to overrule this injustice by every available and expedient means.

Is this massive incompetence on all fronts? Or is it just another psyops to distract the people from a scale of issues much larger, but just as well in the same vain indifference.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
the ridiculous comments made by several on this thread have seriously alleviated some worries of mine. i actually thought a few that posted here might have had some shred of sanity and just possibly a point to there ramblings on other threads--but no, their belief’s that there is a conspiracy in this Schiavo matter have convinced me otherwise. thank you so much!

Mike Schiavo honestly believes that he knows what his wife wanted. whether anyone here believes him or not is irrevevant. he is the next of kin under florida law and that is all that matters. to those who believe he's trying to cover something up...i ask you... WHAT!? the guy is a nobody. terri is a nobody. i thought you people held conspiracies only for those of high society and like. and, just to humor you, if mike has been abusing terri and that's what he's trying to hide, then shame on the local police, or hell just some random nurse at the hospice terri is at, for not investigating. to end, a lot of people have used cliches to support the parents making decisions for terri... well i'll use one to support the husband..."you chose your spouse, not your parents."

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
all over the globe there are hundreds of thousands of people who are in coma. almost an equal amount of them are braindead for several years. do you hear anyone, besides the family, about that? nope. so what makes this case special? absolutely nothing.
[edit on 29-3-2005 by Enyalius]

Actually, what makes this case so special is that Terri is neither brain dead NOR in a coma, NOR is she having any plugs pulled. If you would take a second to listen to WHY people are outraged then you'd know this. It is also special because Terri collapsed... breaking several bones. On investigation, doctors said that these kinds of wounds are usually sustained from abuse, but could not prove anything. It is also special because in 1998, the court appointed a man named Richard L. Pearse Jr. of Clearwater , Florida , as Terri's guardian ad litem and instructed him to investigate the matter and report back with a recommendation. Pearse filed his report with the court on December 28, 1998 urging that the court deny the petition to remove Terri's food and water. Obviously that was ignored.

This case is also a big deal because it is so rare to have two sides of a person's family fighting so vehemently over whether that person lives or dies. It is also special because Terri is not in a mental state where she should be allowed to die other than with the use of a living will or trust (which she lacks). The law is very VERY gray in this particular circumstance.

JCMinJapan, I'm sure Michael is going through mental anguish, though it can't be THAT much if he's virtually married with two kids already. Michael and Terri's father have had a feud going since 1993, when Michael DECIDED that Terri told him she "wouldn't want to be kept alive by artificial means" (a feeding tube is hardly artificial, many MANY people can't feed themselved and still have the will to live), three years into her hospitalization. Listen, I don't know what's right in this case, I really don't. But as far as I can tell, there IS outrage for a reason. Most of the time in this sort of case, where it's obvious that the parents care more for the patient than the spouse, the spouse will just let go and let the parents take care of it. Michael obviously doesn't like the parents, initially disallowing them to give Terri communion (and changing his mind) and now saying that she's going to be cremated. He knows that she'd want a Catholic burial. Though I know that it's not strictly against Catholic dogma (but who knows about Terri's particular Catholic beliefs), I doubt the cremation and funeral for Terri will be Catholic
-S

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Solomon’s Baby
By: Edna Yaghi

Holy scriptures have it that two women appeared before Prophet Solomon claiming that both of them were the mother of a baby. The prophet was faced with a dilemma. How would he be able to decide who the real mother was?

However, he was famous far and wide for his wisdom so he ordered that the child be cut in half and that a half be given to the women who claimed to be the mother. The older lady said, “yes, it’s ok. Divide the child in half and give me my share.”

But the younger of the two cried, “No, please don’t harm the baby. I give up all claims to the child. Please give the infant to the other lady.”

In an instant, the prophet knew who the real mother was. Of course, he did not cut the child in half. He told the younger of the two to take her baby home. He knew that because she was the real mother, she would rather give up her child than see it harmed. He admonished the older one because she laid false claims to a child not her own.

Solomon’s Baby

What we have in the Terri Shiavo case is Solomon's wisdom in reverse.

The judge simply said cut the family in two, and make the claim of a husband superior to that of the wife's family. Much more the choice of death is ever so helpful for the insurance companies who collect money, then wish not to deliver when the chips are down.

Just as Hitler talked and acted against "useless eaters," as if the cornocopia of Germany at the time was so severely challenged, we see the same anti-life direction. Compare that with Michael Shiavo's statement "when is that bitch going to die," as stated in a nurse's affidavit. Shame on the closed eyes, closed minds, and hypnotic agreement with the death chimes of the monopoly media. And for those who wallow in debunking "conspiracies," remember this case is not simply about a man and his wife and their private concerns. It has become a poster child for euthanisia and ostensible efforts to "enshrine," this defilement of human life into case law.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You'd think that husband of hers would allow the burial the parents so want since he's apparently going to be successful in her quick demise.

Why the hell should he do this for the parents? They've accused him of abuse and murder. THey've gotten thousands of people across the country to villify him and drag him thru the mud.

She told him she wants to be cremated. Why should he disobey her? He's her husband, she is his wife, they want to be buried together. The parents can 'sod off' as they say.

Also, the catholic church permites cremations now I beleive.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm still surprised more people around her wouldn't know for sure how she'd want to go though.

Apparently her family are strict catholics, and she is not. So its not too surprising that she wouldn't tell them all these 'uncatholic' things, but rather confide in the man she loves and married.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I'm still surprised more people around her wouldn't know for sure how she'd want to go though. I mean, all my friends and relatives know and all, and I'm not very old. My wishes in all of these matters are pretty clear, even before the Schiavo case became so public.

If people disagree with what you want, they tend not to hear you or will try to get their way anyway.

When my grandfather was dying in the hospital, he told everyone that he wanted a simple ceremony (he became a Jehovah's Witness when he married his second wife ten years earlier. He had renounced the church years before that.) and he wanted to be cremated. He even told me, and I was only 12.

Yet as soon as he died, my aunt started in with how he should really be buried and have a Catholic mass in a church--it escalated to the point where my mother and my grandfather's wife just gave in because she was screaming about how it would ruin her life and memory of their father if he wasn't given a proper Catholic burial (because that is what he really would have wanted, but he was corrupted by "That Jehovah's Witness Cult"... the 30 years he spend hating the Catholic Church had nothing to do with it.) It was gross and disgusting and I have never looked at my aunt the same way again.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
the ridiculous comments made by several on this thread have seriously alleviated some worries of mine. i actually thought a few that posted here might have had some shred of sanity and just possibly a point to there ramblings on other threads--but no, their belief’s that there is a conspiracy in this Schiavo matter have convinced me otherwise. thank you so much!

How true. I was listening to a caller on a talk radio show today, and he had a theory that the media attention to the Schiavo case was orchestrated by - yep, you guessed it - the Bush administration, in order to take our minds off of Iraq for a while.:shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Several members of the Bush family have indeed involved themselves in the legal "right to life" aspects of the case. While Iraq is not relevant to this, why have the Bushes done so, and what has been the impact?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

She told him she wants to be cremated. Why should he disobey her? He's her husband, she is his wife, they want to be buried together. The parents can 'sod off' as they say.

Also, the catholic church permites cremations now I beleive.

I wonder how many other wives he's going to be buried with by the time he dies...
-S

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ServoHahn
I wonder how many other wives he's going to be buried with by the time he dies...
-S

A better question is how many women you have murdered and buried? Whats the number up to today?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I wonder how much of this is about money. From what I understand the tax payers have been footing the bill for her care. Not sure how much truth there is to it. But in any regards it is unlikely that her parents have paid for much of anything and I am wondering if they are insisting on this type of funeral and expect her husband to pay for it. If they want a certain type of funeral so bad then let them pay for it themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Several members of the Bush family have indeed involved themselves in the legal "right to life" aspects of the case. While Iraq is not relevant to this, why have the Bushes done so, and what has been the impact?

Why? For political gain, I'd guess.

What? Not what they wanted; in fact just the opposite. GWB's ratings are falling over this and other things, such as gas prices.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Why have they done so? To set precedents for other right-to-life cases of course.
What has been the impact? The complacency of many Americans in letting politicians trample all over the Constitution, from midnight Congressional hearings, to knowingly passing unconstitutional laws, and even attempting to order a state agency to basically kidnap and individual after numerous court rulings determined her wishes.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
A better question is how many women you have murdered and buried? Whats the number up to today?

I don't really understand this question, but I think the score is Mike: 1, Servo: 0
-S

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I haven't replied to many posts in a while, but I feel obligated to speak my mind on this whole fiasco. This matter with Terri Shaivo just blows my mind. According to the Right Wing Conservatives, this fight was all about the right to life. How can that be, since last time I checked, Florida is a State that practices the Death Penalty?? How can you preach that "every life is sacred" in certain cases, and commit others to their death? Now, I am all for the death penalty in certain cases. I believe that Ted Bundy deserved to die for the crimes he committed. However, I do not run around preaching that "every life is sacred" and promote a hypocritical agenda. How can you who call yourself Christian Conservatives wear one hat when it is convienient and then turn around and chant to "Old Sparky" when you're conscience calls. And I don't use the term Christian Conservative to demote the common people. I use it to denegrate your elected leadership in the Republican Party. Your Party has been railroaded by people whose only agenda is to promote Big Business and Bible Thumping War mongers. Common logic must dictate that if you hold life so dear to keep a person who is clinically dead in the most basic sense of the word alive on artificial life support merely for the sanctity of life, who then, can you put to death a person who is healthy but whose only fault is to commit a crime, not matter how heinous? The hypocracy I've seen over the past two weeks forces me to make my public comments.
It seems the same people marching and chanting outside the hospice of Terri are the same people who would justify a public bombing of an abortion clinic to kill the workers, because every life is sacred and the sanctity of life must be maintained or else our society would denegrate into lawlessness and anarchy. However, abortion is legal and the right to die, just like taxes, is inevitable.
And another thing...how is it that the most religious people in this Country are so afraid of death? Does it not make sense that a person who has devoted his or her entire life to the preachings of religion would see death as the natural progression of the spirit? Why prolong someone's suffering in this world when a religious person has another life to go to? I see much hypocracy in this matter.
And for clarification, I do not consider myself a religious person, but I do consider myself a moral person. Religion is something I feel I do not need. I do not require a moral babysitter, however, I do think many in this world do, but use their religion to promote worldly possessions.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I heard today that she will be cremated and her ashes will go somewhere in Pennsylvania. I feel the husband(Michael) is being a jerk now. He just seems to be carrying out a grudge because he can and wants to purposely hurt her family all he can.

They are going to have to let go now and let God deal with him.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServoHahn
I don't really understand this question

So you beat your wife and are also slow wited?

You are villifying a person you don't even know based ona propaganda campaign started by her parents and a bunch of hacks. Schiavo had a heart attack, induced by being bulemic, a condition that the hospital should've recognized. Their failure to diagnos this properly lead to a lawsuit on her behalf that her family won. The heartattack lead to a cut off of oxygen to the brain, and massive, massive destruction of her brain tissues. She's not braindead, she is in coma. Its a type of coma wherein, disturbingly, the body is still 'awake', but she was a vegetable.

Whats disgusting is all these trolls who go out screaming that this woman's husband beat and murdered her and tried to have her therapy shut down to 'finish the job', its freaking repugnant, she was a freeking vegetable, her god damned brain was practically non-functional. Its absolutely reprehensible how people have baselessly and ignorantly accused her own husband of being a horrible murderer.

dbrant
I feel the husband(Michael) is being a jerk now. He just seems to be carrying out a grudge because he can and wants to purposely hurt her family all he can.

B/S. Her family dragged that guy thru the mud, and the lunatics that they've set against him might very well murder him or anyone else in his family, they've certainly sent enough death threats out against him. Why the hell should he 'give them the body', just to be nice? They threw away any chance of being nice a long time ago.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join