It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiavo's parents and husband now fighting over method of burial

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I dont have a link.

I've been listening to Matt Drudge tonight, and aparently this is the latest problem.
Michael Schiavo wants her cremated. The parents want a Catholic burial.

You'd think that husband of hers would allow the burial the parents so want since he's apparently going to be successful in her quick demise.

What do you think about this?

I say let the parents at least have their way on this.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I look into terry's eyes in photgraphs taken after her marriage and before her heart attack and see a deep sadness and I wonder.

I look into her husbands eyes and well it's scary what I see there, my imagination maybe, I'm not often wrong.

As a side point many women who suffer domestic abuse (emotional) become anorexic in an attempt to become invisible.

In cases like this I believe the family should have the calls. Husbands remarry, families do not go get another daughter.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, over the death part, I do have to admit that I agree with the husband. I have not read other stuff on ATS about this, so sorry if I make others upset or touch on something already posted, but I am thinking about myself in that situation from both the husband and the wifes side. I personally would not want to be kept alive like that. I also would not want to be responsible for forcing life on her for my personal well being. I personally feel it is time to let her spirit rest. I am not a cold person and I feel sad for both sides in this as well as her, but sometimes difficult things can sometimes be for the best. But, back to the subject of this.

Well, if she is Catholic, then I say it should follow her religous ideas. The question would be, was SHE Catholic? I mean, she may have been raised Catholic, but if her parents are Catholic and she did not follow their path in adulthood, then it should be up to what she would have wanted. If SHE was a practicing Catholic, I say go with the parents, if not, then the husband probably knows better.......

This is not a time to make oneself feel better and let pride take over, it is time to give HER respect, even if it goes against ones values, ideas, or thoughts.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think, legally, it should be the husbands call.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Terri was/is Catholic. She would want a Chatholic funeral, I'm assuming. I don't think Michael has acted husbandly at all. He went and started another family and stayed married to Terri, I'm assuming, only to see the thing legally to the end. I believe he probably wants her cremated to either hide something, or to be able to hide Terri from himself and others. Out of sight, out of mind.

Shame on Michael Shiavo. I think he DOES legally have the right to decide how she's buried so shame on the law too.

What I don't get is, why would ANYONE put their wife and inlaws through what Michael was putting them through. He knew Terri very briefly as a wife before she had her heart attack. Her parents knew her her whole life. Anyone who doesn't come from a broken home would know that no one will ever love you as much as your parents.

I also question (like many others) that Terri ever said anything to Michael in regards to whether she'd like to be kept alive in these circumstances. How do the catholics feel about life support and pulling the plug (or related things like feeding tubes)?
-S

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
LEt there be a grand autopsy first!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As usual the husbands wishes will prevail. So the struggle over the body will now become another issue.

I will not be surprised if the parents take the matter to court also.

I am going to donate my body to science.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I think, legally, it should be the husbands call.

Something tells me the courts will agree...

I'm still surprised more people around her wouldn't know for sure how she'd want to go though. I mean, all my friends and relatives know and all, and I'm not very old. My wishes in all of these matters are pretty clear, even before the Schiavo case became so public.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Catholic church does not forbid cremation. While it is true that used to be forbidden, this opinion was changed in 1963. Cremation is only forbidden if the cremation is chosen due to reasons contrary to christian teachings (such as to destroy any evidence of a murder).

The Catholic church discourages the practice of cremation, for a number of reasons, and teaches its adherents that a traditional burial is always best. However, choosing cremation does not mean you cannot be buried as a Catholic, nor does it mean you cannot have a Catholic Mass and funeral.

For more information, go to this link.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

In cases like this I believe the family should have the calls. Husbands remarry, families do not go get another daughter.

You know, I've been thinking this all along.

The parents brought her into this world and raised her. She didn't marry Michael until she was 21 and now his word is what goes? I dont agree with that at all.

Here's a link for ya dg.

www.cbn.com...

The Schindlers and Michael are now in a dispute over her body. Her parents want their daughter to have a Roman Catholic funeral service and burial. But Michael Schiavo already has plans to have Terri cremated and buried in a family plot in Pennsylvania.

www.nydailynews.com...

[edit on 3-28-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Food for thought...cremation to cover-up abuse marks on Terri?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ratcheting up the already ugly battle, the Schindlers, who have never allowed the possibility that their son-in-law could be acting in good faith, accuse him of wanting to cremate Terri to cover up evidence they say actually caused her brain damage.

"The Schindler family believes Terri's cremation is a maneuver her husband will utilize to destroy evidence of his criminal acts," the family told Bush.

NY Daily News

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
People don't forget that the bible tells that a woman will leave the mother and father and will belong to the husband.

Only when a women become a widow per bible costumes her faith falls on the brother of the husband.

So as you can see even the bible agree with the husbands rights.

I am glad I don't believe any of it. But as the religious fundamentalist point out that they want to live by the bible teachings I guess they only wants to live by their own version of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Heres whats happening! Terry is a sacrifice to bring in the ultimate evil and for the sacrifice to be complete she must be a burnt sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
From compassion and attempts to understand, to experts in every subject matter concerning human existence and visits to la-la land, you get it all at ATS.

Sometimes I think there is more to be learned from rigorous examination of the ATS-taboo Michael Jackson proceedings.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
From compassion and attempts to understand, to experts in every subject matter concerning human existence and visits to la-la land, you get it all at ATS.

lol, How true! ha ha ha ha
Now it is a conspiracy to hide abuse marks?
Do you people know how long she has been like that? ha ha ha What, he is abusing her in the hospital for all of these many years? It just amazes me at how some people will find a conspiracy in EVERYTHING..... ha ha ha

BTW.. Yes, people do talk to their spouses on how that would want to live/die or be buried...... My wife knows that I do not want to live on a machine...I told her to pull the plug...... and no, I have not talked with my parents about my wishes.

Out of sight and out of mind??? how the heck do you come up with that. She will either be buried in the ground or cremated and placed in a vault. Same thing.. she will still have a grave, the only question is above or below the ground.

Instead of judging othere, you all should be showing compassion for everyone in this situation. Hard decisions had to be made on all sides. You think he is not going through alot of emotional anguish himself? You are just stupid if you do not think so. This is a terrible situation for all around and I for one am glad that I am not having to deal wtih it. You all are way to easy to judge people in a situation. Not everything is Black or White.....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, not only does Michael want her dead, he wants her REAL dead, as in ashes.
I wouldnt be surprised if this does have to do with the hiding of evidence.

I hope they give her a catholic burial and dont bypass the autopsy.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
uuummm.. the husband wants an autopsy..... There is already an examiner ready. The husband wants to show the severity of the brain damage. Abuse? Proof of abuse? She has been in that state for 15 years.... so, unless he has been abusing her in the hospital, that is just nonsense. What proof of what abuse?

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Felos also said the chief medical examiner for Pinellas County, Dr. John Thogmartin, had agreed to perform an autopsy on Schiavo. He said that her husband wants proof of the extent of her brain damage.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well I guess that throws the coverup theory out the window. How much you wanna bet that once the results of the autopsy come back supporting the husband the religious wack jobs will start saying the medical examiner is in cahoots with Mr. Schiavo and is helping him cover up the "truth".

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i would want to be sure that it is a very thorough autopsy performed by a doctor not of the husbands chooeing. i say that because i smell cover up on dear hubby's part. i have seen and read a lot lately that would make me question his devotion to his wife. if not a doctor of the parrents chooseing then a neutral doctor preferably from out of state that should deal with impartiality questions.

it has been a sad/bad situation from the start. i hope the family is able to put this behind them when it is done. they have been suffering long enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join