It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dammit to hell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I really love Dragonrider's counter to "Women should not be in combat."

He always gives a list of either women's rolls that were questionable in the effect they had.

Or sinpers.

We are talking Military here Dragonrider.

See the first thing that set me off against you, is your ignorant belief, that the Military, is a handful of snipers.

I'd call you a name right now....but again, I'm better than you.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The fact that Dragonrider always sides with the women like a feminist gives me pause....Dragonrider perhaps you are a homosexual? Posted by FM

Why? Is that an invitation?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To clarify,
I meant to say that the women who have been mentioned so far have only come from the political sphere, which seems to be a limited choice based on 'shortlists' of female leaders. Why not mention female leaders from the artistic or religious spheres, for instance? That's all I'm saying. I am NOT endorsing everything FM is saying. Repeat:NOT

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
in all honesty women make better race car drivers then men.

they have their strengths. I think they can be used in a combat role, i just don't think it's wise in certain situations.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
See the first thing that set me off against you, is your ignorant belief, that the Military, is a handful of snipers. Posted by FM

Oh please great knowledgeable fountain of military knowledge, please ignore my three time attendance to a specialized combat school, and explain to me exactly my misunderstanding of true combat?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If Condi Rice runs I'll vote for her in a heartbeat...there is no man on the horizon that has the qualifcations of that woman.

For that matter, I might point out, warn to hell, no one (race, sex, creed) should have to take FM's bull$h|t without speaking against it

Furthermore, ALL male examples are at least "minimally flawed"...which leads to the inevitable question (which you should have seen coming):

Why can male military and political leaders' flaws be disregarded and all historical female leaders' errors be eggrandized for the purpose of trying to eliminate females from powerful positions.

hmmm...in ALL the bizarre conspiracy theories presented here on ATS, maybe we have FINALLY locked on to a real one.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I completly agree with FM... I personally don't want to live in a country run by a female... I agree that females are too emotional... I know this because I am one... I would hate to think that we would go to war every month just because the president had PMS... I got pregnant when I was fifteen and got married and now I am still married and have three children... I think that women are way too emotional to run a country... Most women can barely run their own households... The man of the household usually takes care of the bills, yard work and any thing that needs fixing... I hate to sound needy, but if I had to repair my own car when it broke down, on most occasions, I would be out of luck because I don't know what I am doing... I am very glad, that I married a man, that is very handy and pretty much knows something about everything... Every leading woman in history seems to have some kind of problem, as does every leading man... It is just that, every problem that the leading man has, does not seem to be the end of an era...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm
I hate to sound needy, but if I had to repair my own car when it broke down, on most occasions, I would be out of luck because I don't know what I am doing...

what the...
I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but don't lump us all in with you. for God's sake, if your car breaks down, you call a towing company if necessary and have it taken to a reputable garage. they're called daily life skills, and most women have them.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Whether you "hate" to sound needy or not...you are. And furthermore, you, your lifestyle and your opinions are not representative of at least me. Though I respect your need to be needy, I'm not ever going to be there. To impart that mind-set on potential female candidates to political positions (for that matter to any of us mentally healthy women) is almost as much of an affront as FM's mindless bigotry.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Again, val, I am not saying that all men are honorable leaders, just that the women mentioned are not great models of behaviour... I'm just saying that we should be looking beyond the usual group for instances of great female leadership...

Conspiracy-wise, though, the entire roman population despised Cleo as a seducer and despot... so she is, most likely, dipped in a history of untruths.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Get a clue **only**, the romans would NOT have had a very healthy view of Cleopatra...she ended up screwing up quite a few things for their leadership structure. HELLO! she wasn't Roman.

Furthermore, your repeated disclaimers don't mean all that much to me either. So for the record, I have marked you down as "posting anti-female postings" but not "meaning anything by it"...I got it.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wow and the women viciously set upon the only female here who acts like a female "Hello storm"

I'm not a "biggot" I just view women differently, as things to protect and treasure and enjoy their company and heed their words of wisdom.

I've always respected the well placed and well timed words of a woman.

The Germans, used to believe the "fairer sex" was precognitive, they would like-wise listen to what words of wisdom and courage they gave.

Did this mean the women of those society ruled? No...by the contrary that was a patriarchal society.

Storm seems the most likeable of all the women here...I picture you Valhall speaking like "Butch" or such.

Deep bass voice *shudders*

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hey wait Storm you're K_OS's wife aren't ya?

Morality begets Freedom...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yes they are things to protect. We need to send those "strong, masculine men to protect those poor helpless women." Things have changed. Thank God for women's liberation.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

I'm not a "biggot" I just view women differently, as things to protect and treasure and enjoy their company and heed their words of wisdom.

(Translation: In my world, all women are in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant)

I've always respected the well placed and well timed words of a woman.

(Translation: They should only speak when spoken to)

The Germans, used to believe the "fairer sex" was precognitive, they would like-wise listen to what words of wisdom and courage they gave.

(Oh we dont want to talk about Project Lebenstraum, where all women were to be "breeders" for the Master Race)

Did this mean the women of those society ruled? No...by the contrary that was a patriarchal society.

Storm seems the most likeable of all the women here...I picture you Valhall speaking like "Butch" or such.

Deep bass voice *shudders*

Gee thats a nice way to ingratiate yourself to women...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The fact that morningcresent and valhall are totally clueless is okay... The truth is; that I am only going to spend $20.00 dollars and they are going to spend about a hundred... I am going to call my husband, who knows how to fix cars, and they are going to call a tow truck which is going to cost at least $50.00 dollars, a machanic which will cost at least $50.00 dollars in parts and labor, at least... I know that money is not everything but at this day and time it is quite important... I wasn't maening to offend anyone or speak for anyone for that matter. I believe what I believe and I am not affraid to voice my oppinion...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
MAYBE IF WE HAD A FEMALE PRESIDENT...FOR ONCE !
THESE MEN HAVE NO INTUITION AS FAR AS LEADERSHIP GOES

MOTHER WILL ALWAYS KNOW BEST

Yep if USA had a female President she might make a heel of a diffrence(worldwide) Maggie Thatcher was a good PM i thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There is no misogyny at work throughout this topic, only autothanatopsis...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Uh,
Val, Cleopatra was a total disaster as a leader. It isn't just a matter of Roman propaganda. It's afact of life. She's elevated, retroactively, because she fits into our current ideals. Historical facts, however, show that she was never capable of building a strong Egypt and that she had to rely on two 'outiders' -- Caesar and Anthony -- to legitimate her rule with their OUTSIDE force. Eventually, her reliance upon these men just made Egypt a pawn of Rome.

Like I said before, the Roman's unfairly portrayed Cleoptra, but, in no objective sense, can she be considered a great ruler. If, anything, her rule was weak and disorganized, saved only by the Roman intervention that eventually overcame it.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
There is no misogyny at work throughout this topic, only autothanatopsis...

Ok, just for that, you are getting the next case of beer!

*leans over in lawn chair and flings empty at MA*

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join