It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US book World War C on COVID-19 + relevant science + recommendations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Weighing in at 6 pounds (hardcover edition), the 290 page book on COVID-19, World War C, by US neurosurgeon and CNN medical reporter Sanjay Gupta, MD, conveys many essential COVID-19 pandemic ground truths in a highly readable format. More book description on the publisher's page:

World War C | Book by Sanjay Gupta, Kristin Loberg | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster (simonandschuster.com)

For example, Dr. Gupta interviewed several US people who are knowledgeable about national security issues: 1. Thailand released the COVID-19 genome online in early 2020, after the People's Republic of China (PRC) refused to confirm to Thailand that the PRC would do so. 2. Per those sources, Dr. Gupta writes that in 2019 and in January 2020, the Chinese government was holding back a lot of information not only from the world, but from its own doctors and public health authorities (regarding the first Chinese cases of this illness, and a number of other things).

This book really is an essential read. On pp. 155-156 Dr. Gupta also provides a pandemic prep kit. He recommends having a pulse oximeter on hand. (On the other hand, dark-skinned people and people who wear nail polish should first ask their doctor if a pulse oximeter would be reliable for them.) Wow, I did *not* know that bleach has a shelf-life of about 6 months. How about that? I don't like his suggestions for food storage choices, but he's an MD, not a nutritionist. Dr. Gupta also recommends keeping a thermometer on hand.

World War C does not view COVID-19 as being at an endemic stage, or anything close to that. It does, however, present a great deal of science-based and medical insight on where it came from and our choices for dealing with it in the forseeable future. It includes a Notes section at the back of the book with further references.
edit on 10/14/2021 by Uphill because: Edited a paragraph.

edit on 10/14/2021 by Uphill because: Shortened a paragraph.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

Is this the thread that was advertised in a separate thread?

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Yes, How very unfortunate. If only we could all strive to be as high intellect as you reading all those needlessly long articles written by MSM. Not just reading them .. Really understanding them. Really just opening our minds up to whatever they want us to think.

Shame on you ATS learn to read.. REALLY read.. like this guy.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talkstoshills00
a reply to: MDDoxs

Yes, How very unfortunate. If only we could all strive to be as high intellect as you reading all those needlessly long articles written by MSM. Not just reading them .. Really understanding them. Really just opening our minds up to whatever they want us to think.

Shame on you ATS learn to read.. REALLY read.. like this guy.

Oh no, I certainly struggle as well. I am quite common, with the exception of my ability to survive the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Dr. Gupta was just on Joe Rogan, I plan to listen to it soon. I presume they will talk about the book.

I've seen a couple of clips. Pay close attention to Gupta when Joe talks about Ivermectin and CNN lying.

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

edit to correct....it was just one clip.....been watching a lot of YouTube today and they all merge together. You know how it gets.
edit on 14102021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Yes it is.

Here's another excerpt from World War C: ..."during the early stages of the pandemic, our government responded to the situation by using influenza modeling, which turned out to be a critical error because the asymptomatic transmission of this new virus meant that many people were infectious without showing symptoms."

World War C: lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic and how to prepare for the next one, by Sanjay Gupta, MD, with Kristin Loberg. 2021. 290 p.; hardcover; Simon & Schuster, NY: NY

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What about shortcomings? This book never directly addresses a key fact ---> most of Earth's virus research laboratories have focused on influenza viruses. COVID-19, however, is from a different virus family, the coronaviruses. In almost 100 years of basic research (following the 1931 invention of the electron microscope, which made it possible for viruses to be seen), the coronavirus family has yet to be well understood.

So that's the bad news; the good news is -- by the end of 2021, at least one US book being published on COVID-19 will closely examine the repercussions of that existing gap in virus science, as well as the ways forward.

PS: I am a US female, living in California, a graduate of the UCLA School of Public Health.
edit on 10/14/2021 by Uphill because: Changed a word.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So the Gupta who cannot respect his profession and choose publicity? Yeah....truths haha.

Lol this garbage is best pirated. I recommend libgen or old fashion virus laden torrents long before I recommend giving a dollar to this hack

top topics

join