It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farcry 6 - It's not great

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Broke my own rule and per-ordered this game. Enjoyed the last few Far cry games and figured we're due for a good one with this much time to develop. I was wrong.

The AI is absolutely terrible. Enemies are now bullet sponges with health bars that never seem to miss you once alerted and take ten shots to the head to kill unless you have the "right" ammo and it takes you out of the immersion of the game to simply annoy you.

It's hard to understand how they got so much right but the core part of game play so wrong. $100 for season pass, I'm looking forward to FC3 Blood Dragon playthrough now and hoping for a patch.

Just me?

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

I guess you missed this thread.

I'm sorry you spent so much. Try and make the best of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Most games are really well made

I'm one of thos people who don't do well playing a poorly made game headaches motionsickness all that

Sorry farcry is a bad game has always made me sick they do not put any effort into making the lighting smooth and the camera to fell proper

I won't bother to even try 6

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

That's the trend though.

Instead of making the game smarter, they simply dial up the enemy toughness and then blame you if you don't have the right equipment by that point in time.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And that's exactly why I play FPS games online multiplayer more than I play solo.

The AI is nearly always ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Crytek are a one trick pony. Limited imaginations too.

Have to have cry in every thing. The games, the game engine. The company name.

Nearly everything they make is just a reskin of the same damn thing over and over. Only real differences between Crytek games is they tend to be more hardware intensive with each new release.

Not played Farcry 6 yet, but I expect it to be just Farcry 1,2,3,4 and 5 with new characters.

Sadly this is becoming a common thing with a lot of developers/publishers.

Not just video games, but also books, cinema, TV shows. Hard to find anything entertaining any more when it's all just wash rinse and repeat and you can guess the entire plot in the first 5 minutes because well..... it's the billionth time it has been done and you've seen it. Even the 'twists'.

Mankind seems to be pretty limited when it comes to imagination. The only thing we seem capable of advancing is our tech.

Heck we even get games now that are a step backwards in terms of mechanics. I could play 64 player Quake 2 in 1997 on 56k dial up, new Quake and Doom's etc you're lucky if you even get 8 players in multiplayer.

I have a huge video game library, and there are not many games I own where I don't get bored after 5 minutes any more. I'll no doubt buy FarCry6 eventually. As I have with every other FarCry game, when it's on sale or in a bundle for next to nothing. I can wait, especially when it's a single player based game.

As for pre-orders.... well South Park said it best:

But as with everything, nothing will change as long as people keep pre-ordering and paying for these things.
People constantly bitch about these franchises, like Battlefield, FarCry and more. But then they still go pre-order and rush out and buy them on day one.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't mind it. I'm not going to the Caribbean this year cause of the covid so it kinda puts me there with guns
(and an alligator) Graphics are great on my x box X.
Did you finish it?
Always hard to kill # at the beginning of a shooter.

One game I got recently which is great is Diablo 2 resurrected. I played that one for many, many hours back in the day..
Good example of polished, always was but the graphics re-do is amazing..
edit on 9-10-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Far Cry is Ubisoft not Crytek , Crytec created the first one then Ubisoft took it over , Ubisoft are a one trick pony.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Imagination is risky. It might offend the wrong people, so you stay in your lane producing what was safe and sold a bunch before.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

From what I've seen there is different ammo for armored enemies and yes as is the case with Ubi games the AI is dumb , it's Far Cry so in time they'll patch the bugs and other issues but if you don't like the core game then bug fixes won't really help.

Perhaps the DLC will offer something better for your $100 , you know the game's not right when Gamespot give it 7/10.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
At this point, sad to say, the best games tend to be the indy games where they can take risks and do some different things or at least leave the coding open to modders who will take the game in interesting directions.

Indies aren't the high powered, polished experience of AAA, but graphics aren't lipstick and they don't fix the pigs.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Still better than Cyberpunk 2077 lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Gameplay is everything. Good graphics are just a bonus.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not in my opinion , I've got 58 trouble free hours in Cyberpunk 2077 but then I'm not playing it on a toaster.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Gameplay is everything. Good graphics are just a bonus.

I didn't have much trouble at all in the time I got on CyberPunk. My big issue there is that I don't have time to really play it anymore. You can't exactly play it with a kid in the background. I mean you *could*, but it's hardly the responsible parental thing to do.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I didn't buy it so I'm talking from a point of ignorance.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I didn't buy it so I'm talking from a point of ignorance.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

I heard there is a world of difference between the PC experience and the console one and then again between lower end and reasonable specs on your machine.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not in my opinion , I've got 58 trouble free hours in Cyberpunk 2077 but then I'm not playing it on a toaster.

That is the key to a lot of folks' problems .
Potato PCs and laptops.
And I will add : improper overclocking using Reddit and YouTube for guides.

(bold for subject matter)
edit on 10/9/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Remember that there are no such thing as bad games now. Bad games are art.

You will start to like the bad games... buy the bad games...love the bad games even....now give us all your money NOW before we make the bad games!

Here's, try this gameturd next whilst we come up with a new pre-order franchise milking strategy. Epic art!

On a serious note. It is crap when a hyped game turns out to be crap and most things are unfortunately pretty crap now

But hey, its only gonna get crapper so might as well enjoy it all

edit on 9-10-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Far Cry is Ubisoft not Crytek , Crytec created the first one then Ubisoft took it over , Ubisoft are a one trick pony.

yeah realised that after I logged off for the night. lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join