It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Cry 6 Hands-On Preview Impressions: My Brutally Honest Opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Not my brutally honest opinion but that of youtuber BrokenGamezHDR . I've not seen his channel before but it makes a refreshing change to have a youtuber who was invited by Ubisoft to check out a preview of their "new" game and give their honest opinion rather than just gush about how great it is to please their corporate masters.

Long story short Ubisoft have made a Far Cry game , if you've played 3 , 4 or 5 you've already played this as you or I have already deduced from the official gameplay trailers , it's Far Cry repackaged and churned out once more by game factory Ubi.

If you're cool with this FC 6 is out next week , if you like me and it seems BrokenGamezHDR are bored with this cookie cutter exercise then there's nothing to see here that you haven't seen before.

Give the video a watch , support honesty.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I liked the fireworks launcher.

With Guy Fawkes coming up through, it might not be the best time of year to be setting that example. LoL

Just looks like same as before rinse and repeat mechanics as the last 3 titles.

Very pretty all the same with some surprisingly accommodating requirements, which is handy considering the price of GPU at the moment.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I haven’t played a single far cry yet.
Nothing from the trailers ever grabbed me and made me want to try them.

However, I have felt the same way when it comes to Ubisoft and the Assassins Creed series.
I have 140 hours into AC Valhalla so far - huge lack of worth while titles have come out on console.
I’m not into those retro style games that flood the Microsoft store.
So AC Valhalla has been my go to time killer.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well..thats a dead honest review..I once had far cry one but my pc couldnt handle it so...never player it. But from what i see here it looks pretty much the same..graphics are very good tho.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I put a lot of hours into AC Valhalla myself.

Preferable to the last two iterations imho.

Gave up once i completed it all the same, apparently some of the DLC is not half bad.

Might go back and give it a reply at some point.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I only bought Far Cry 5 a month ago. I waited for a sale and got 80% off!

I will do the same with this...

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Never much saw the appeal in the Far Cry games myself. It doesn't surprise me that they're just slapping new skin on a working story though. That seems to be the way most franchise games work these days.

I think I'll stick with my RimWorld games and occasional forays into PlanetZoo for now.
edit on 3-10-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Far cry climaxed with 3 in my opinion. And the franchise built upon that. But its always more of the same with improvements.

Still good games and perhaps the best open world fps, but originality isn't there anymore.

I personally look foward to original games (that are open world first person) like kingdome come deliverance. That was the last game that really drew me in and felt original.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Far cry 3 was amazing when it came out. That was really what shot it into stardom.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Play "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag". It's amazing, best of the series imo.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
First 17 minutes of Far Cry 6.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
AC Valhalla has so much content I have well over 150 hours. I did complete the main story finally and have not purchased any of the DLC. Been playing it since early this year. One of the best games I've played, it kept me coming back. I'm not a completionist so there are world events, artifacts etc still not done.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I finally got around to FC5 in my Steam queue and am playing it currently. I've played all of the numbered FC and (unfortunately) Primal. Most haven't disappointed, but the value in them is really just found in blowing things and NPCs up. FC5, for what it's worth, is a very solid game in my opinion and makes me look forward to FC6.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I too have played them all with the exception of Primal and Blood dragon , really enjoyed the original Far Cry , not so much Far Cry 2 , Far Cry 3 was a reinvention of the series continued by Far Cry 4 , Far Cry 5 left me cold and just checked I only played just over 5 hours , Far Cry 6 just looks like more of the same , based on what I've seen Ubi won't be getting my money.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

5 speaks to me because it's sort of like playing a sandbox game in my own backyard. The developers excelled at one thing in that game: ambience. Between FC5 and Red Dead Redemption (1 and 2) we're seeing games that masterfully capture what the rural western United States feels like. Rockstar captured the natural and historic feels and Ubisoft captured the modern and cultural feels.

I can certainly see where someone who didn't have the connections to the scenery and redneck culture wouldn't find a whole lot in the game to make it stand out from past FC games.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The attention to detail in red dead 2 is mind blowing ,that game is a work of art and a dream come true for a kid brought up on Westerns.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The attention to detail in red dead 2 is mind blowing ,that game is a work of art and a dream come true for a kid brought up on Westerns.

I feel that I need that game in my life. I've been putting it off for a couple of years now. Possibly because I'm afraid of becoming addicted to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah, I have both the DLCs, and still havent started them.
Trying to complete the main game still - and side quests.
The games huge lol

top topics

join