It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Given the Chance to Leave Earth, Would You?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
Not if they knew you were more powerful then them, and could resist. I believe in the case of Greys, all humans are more powerful if they are able to overcome their fear. So maybe you had something that they really wanted, but they had to con you in to giving it to them. because they knew they couldnt take it.

All the ETs really ever want is DNA, its not like you would deny giving them that. It's not like it would hurt you much. Anyways, with that DNA they might even make you a clone so no one will know you're gone.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If I could take my g/f, yeah sure! haha

Seriously though, I'm not sure...there'd have to be an alterior motive for them inviting you to go with them, and you can almost count on it's not gonna be very nice.

They aren't just gonna say come for a ride with us for the hell of it!

While it would be very interesting...and I would really enjoy it...I don't think I would trust the aliens to not do something bad...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes, I would what else is in this earth to see? but a whole bunch of unhappy people that can not make peace with each other.

I wish I could leave right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I would be cautious: don't aliens simply love anal probing???

No, I'm game (not for the aforsaid): as others have said,wouldn't it be wonderful to see "space" - to boldly go, as it were??

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If the ETs said that I would one day return to earth, I would do it. I couldn't imagine leaving earth and never seeing it again, that would just be too much of a shock to die away from your own race and all of the people you love.

But if the aliens just took me for a two week vacation to some distant planet, hell that would be the best vacation ever.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
I seriously doubt it.

There are way too many people on this earth that i dearly love to just walk away from them all.

If under different circumstances, I'm sure i would. If there was nobody in my life that was really important to me, sure i'd go. As long as i could take my guitar.

Exactly my thoughts...and I would need access to good beer! The best the galaxies could offer, lol!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think it would be simply amazing to see 'what's out there'. Most of what is on Earth I could leave behind, I think. The one difficulty I (and almost everyone) would have would be the complete lack of the opposite sex. Imagine, 20 years without seeing a woman's face... I guess the question is, how bad would you want to go into outer space? Maybe if I could take one woman of my choice with me...
This sounds kind of goofy, but it's meant to be serious. Would you be able to go without human companionship for years/forever? Some people can. Most can't. That one thing ignored, I'd go with the aliens in a second.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have hard time to leave my country so leave the Earth? Hrm...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenGirl
I have hard time to leave my country so leave the Earth? Hrm...

Exactly... Think honestly and realize that even in the most remote part of the wolrd... uh... of the earth(!!), you have a possibility to contact your loved ones and to come back one day...

That kind of deal involves a complete loss of that, and even for a knowledge that noone else on earth has, I don't think I would. What would be the point in going away "that far" and just being the only one to know? If I could just come back whenever (like holidays, you know) and share it with the world, well, then ok. But that choice is too difficult... I honestly think I'd stay. I'd know already more that most if the choice was offered to me!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would love to go, but not alone. If I had the option of choosing another passenger, I would say yes for sure, no questions asked!
I'd stock up on my favorite munchies, memories (photos and such) and most important (for me!) lots of music. I would definitely feel as if I had an important goal in life.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm ready! I'm ready to find some intelligent beings to talk to.

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If I were going to a better life on a better planet, of course I'd leave in a heartbeat.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Absolutely. I'd never be able to live with the regret of having had the opportunity to take that jump ahead. I live with too many regrets as it is.
I'd ask, what do I need, and where do I report?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If given the chance to leave earth I would not leave there are people here on earth that are very close to my heart and I would never be able to live without them but if i could take one person with me I would take my girlfriend leave a note steal my sisters guitar my hat and my trusty but dusty notebook.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
See, despite loving many many people, It's an opportunity not worth missing. And there's no reason you won't find your soulmate on another planet

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In a New York Minute. Even if it meant never seeing home again. One caveat, I would bring the wife, kids cat, dog, and plenty of weed and beer.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I think it would be simply amazing to see 'what's out there'. Most of what is on Earth I could leave behind, I think. The one difficulty I (and almost everyone) would have would be the complete lack of the opposite sex. Imagine, 20 years without seeing a woman's face... I guess the question is, how bad would you want to go into outer space? Maybe if I could take one woman of my choice with me...
This sounds kind of goofy, but it's meant to be serious. Would you be able to go without human companionship for years/forever? Some people can. Most can't. That one thing ignored, I'd go with the aliens in a second.

I agree with the opposite sex thing, THat would be hard no sex for the rest of your life.............well unless the aliens are willing but i don't even want to go their. Maybe if it was like nordic aliens. You better believe before I left, i'd go out and buy as much beer,smokes and junk food as i could take with me. Oh yeah and plenty of toothpaste and a toothbrushes you don't know if they would offer that. Oh.........man and all the great books.............movies......if they didn't have anything entertaining it would totally suck. but i'd still go

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Noap,
I wouldn't go anywhere with that scum. Who gives them the right to abduct people?
If we were talking about some nice guys I would think about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It seems everyone does not want to leave earth and go with aliens unless they can bring someone or something close to their heart even me I am only 15 but I would not go unless i could bring my girlfriend.And whats the chance of aliens wanting you to leave with them and go to another planet they probaly would do it if the world was on the brink of destruction but i would still not go i would rather be alone with the one i love and die with her.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, I think, since they are offering to take you, they would have made plans for your basic hygenic needs.

Also, the cultures you could encounter would perhaps keep you very entertained without any movies, etc from Earth...not saying we don't have fine entertainment here, lol. But different species, well, that would be something.

And i'm thinking they would likely have their own form of mind altering substances for you to try, so you would necassarily need to take the weed and beer, lol.

Interesting question, though!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join