It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Goat and Rooster Rush to Save Chicken from Hawk Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here's a nice little video clip of a rooster and a goat running over to help out their chicken friend.

Hawk flies down, attacks chicken. Rooster runs over, repeatedly tries to scare off the hawk. Goat runs over to finish the job. Hawk flies away without his snack.

Jaap Beets, a farmer in Gelderland, in the Netherlands, was in his farmhouse on Sept. 5 when he heard a commotion coming from his livestock outside.

“I was so proud of the rooster and the goat jumping in to defend our chicken,” farmer Beets, 59, told SWNS. “I was also very relieved that the chicken survived.”

The chicken suffered minor injuries— but Beets said the other farm animals “rallied around her” to mend her back to full health.

Meanwhile, this wasn’t the first time farmer Beets has experienced such drama — his other goats and turkeys have jumped in to rescue his chickens twice before.

“In the seven years I have lived here, it’s the third attack on our chickens,” he said. “This was the second from a goshawk and the other was a buzzard.”

nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Goats are bad a__ creatures .
They chew aluminum cans and crap airplane wings .

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So cute & brave. They're friends for sure

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What a great video.

Just to add to the thread, here's what happens when you leave a boxing bag in the forest for a ram to run across:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

This is more proof humans are changing the worlds psychology into a more friendly & less food scale circumstance.

What are the consequeces for evilution of that?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: QFlux

a slightly disappointing ending. I thought the rams might at least finish it off by eventually chewing through the rope. They were starting to get close to finally winning. I guess they no longer cared once it stopped ramming back.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
So cute & brave. They're friends for sure

Cute , yes.
Do not upset one though .
You will find yourself in the next county waking up wondering where that semi came from....

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObviousTruth

This is more proof humans are changing the worlds psychology into a more friendly & less food scale circumstance.

What are the consequeces for evilution of that?

Nice thought and everything, but this sort of thing happens in nature.

A great example is the footage of the Lioness who'd lost her cub, she caught a baby Gazelle (or similar) and instead of killing and eating, it she took care of it.

There are other examples, see the Tube,

Still, it's very cool

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Earlier today I saw a video of a not-for-profit wildlife care group catch an injured goose. Discovered he had two open fractures and as they were preparing to operate, heard knocking on the side glass door.

It was the gooses mate. Anxious and worried, beaking at the door.

Made me really smile.
things like this are so much better than everything else. Not much makes me smile these days, either.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Now that is the way to start off my ATS day! Cheers...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Every time The Netherlands are in the subject of a thread everybody gets Stroopwafels and we sing Het Wilhelmus!!

Cool story..

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Nice! Reminded me of this one

Makes me wonder if these animal's actions are purely instinct driven to protect their (perceived?) young sometimes, or is it just becasue a predator is around and all victims should be protected. I've seen hippos protect deer from gators too.
Always amazed at animal sentience, on any level.
edit on 3pmf30515230 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I would think that the hawk has a different take on if they're heroes.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
no one likes bthe hawks. in my yard, all the birds will gang up on the hawk all the time. one time the hawk came down and grabbed a little bird. all the crows ganged up in him until he released the little bird. i can always tell when the hawk is around , the bluejays and crows will scream and caw so loud. Sometimes i feel bad for the hawk. He has no friends! a reply to: BrokenCircles

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Makes me wonder if these animal's actions are purely instinct driven to protect their (perceived?) young sometimes, or is it just becasue a predator is around and all victims should be protected. I've seen hippos protect deer from gators too. Always amazed at animal sentience, on any level.

Could be that they instinctively know that if any (outsider) animal comes into their area and gets some food, then it will most likely be back for more at some point. If they don't stop it the first time, it could become a bigger problem.

I was looking through the Youtube description/comments to see if that deer/hawk video was at a golf course, and kinda liked this comment:
"After Bambi witness his mother get killed in front of him, he’s been on a murder spree with his best friend Thumper by his side! That hawk messed with the wrong deer!"

(still not sure whether or not it is a golf course, but it looks like a white flag in the background, in the upper/center part of the video)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

The only time I can remember ever seeing a bird of prey actually swoop down to get a live animal, it happened while we were canoeing down the river. It was kinda strange just because we happened to be looking in the perfect direction to see a baby duck suddenly take off running out of the woods, and across a sandbar straight towards the water, but he didn't stop. I swear it looked like that little fella was running on top of the water. We had no clue why until he got about halfway across the river and a bald eagle swooped down on him. Somehow it missed though, and the baby duck actually made it across to the other side.

We didn't see any other ducks, but we assumed the mama duck and the other babies had already made it across the river, but this little one got left behind, possibly having already witnessed one of his siblings getting taken away by the eagle. We figured he had probably been waiting there awhile trying to get up the nerve to make his attempt. I was also thinking we may have been the reason he went right then. Maybe he saw us and thought, "Well, there's my distraction. It's now or never."

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was just looking through some of my threads and noticed the video in this OP is no longer there, so here's a different video of the exact same incident.

Farm Animals Protect Chicken Friend from Hawk Attack || Dogtooth Media

new topics

top topics

join