It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Point Motor Goes On Display Monday, March 28

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yes it is interesting that there is no news at all concerning this development, it just goes to show you where the mind of the general public is(of the assumed mind). You would think that they would have atleast a few articles describing the device as from what I have heard many different news agencies were there... odd. I guess Terri Shauvo and the pope are more important... *sigh*

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have been messing with the circuit for a few days now on multisim and I cant get it to work. No matter what power variables I use, I get the same output as I input. There were a few anomolies to speak of though. First off, Im not sure why, but the voltage would never increase, however, at 68V with 20 Amps of current, The Amps would be slightly higher at output. I think it has to do with the flip flop charge on the caps though I am not sure. Secondly, When the curcuit is poweder down, I still get output for around 10 seconds. Now, the caps could be responsible for this as well, but cap leakage would only hinder this guys theory. Anyway, I will keep working with this for the next few days just to see if I have anything wrong with the curcuit I simmed. I'll let you guys know if there is any change in voltage if I find it.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigma
Yes it is interesting that there is no news at all concerning this development, it just goes to show you where the mind of the general public is(of the assumed mind). You would think that they would have atleast a few articles describing the device as from what I have heard many different news agencies were there... odd. I guess Terri Shauvo and the pope are more important... *sigh*

This is simply because the press is controlled by big "OIL" money and govt. It's really a waste of time for any inventor to try and market this type of device as it will never be allowed by the powers that be and ahhh... "Most" of science.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes, you are absolutely correct! It would take an act of, dare I say it, god to get some of these technologies on the market.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
here's an interesting test of his device www.ncas.org...
which concludes "At all conditions tested, the input Power exceeded the output power. That is, the device did not deliver more energy than it used. "

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Interesting indeed! I had never seen this test before, glad you brought it up! After glancing it over it would appear that the device is not O/U, however given the date of review(1986) he may have a device now that could be. I am still interested in hearing what happened at the current test...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yes it is interesting that there is no news at all concerning this development

Very true, although it was on T.V. Discovery's Daily Planet showed Joseph Newman's DC display and even interviewed him afterward. Unfortunately it takes them awhile to get their video clips onto their website so I assume that it won't be up until Monday. None the less if you wish to see the video clip in the future then visit Daily Planet's Site.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great work.

You were right. The video is up on the discovery site now.

Video of Newman on the Discovery Channel

He says that it will be in production in 3 months.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A little rough with the reporter... huh?!
I guess it is somewhat understandable, I would be sick and tired of having people tell me I am a fraud too.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this guy has some more detailed schematics anywhere online? The ones shown were pretty rough and not like any kind of motor/generator I've ever seen.

I'ts hard to tell what this thing's actually doing without knowing the components, I can't tell anything about the generator prime mover other than that it looks like it meets the requirements for motor action, a (DC) current carrying conductor in a magentic field. I can't tell what kind of generator that is supposed to be without knowing specifics, like whether it uses slip rings (ac generator) or a commutator (DC generator) that acts as a mechanical rectifier.

One thing that seems fairly obvious to me is that the Pin (input power, volt amperes) will always be higher than the Pout. Even if you ignore I^2R losses (due to resistance all conductors offer to current), there's still going to be significant hysteresis losses due to the reversing magnetic fields that allow transformers to induce a voltage in the secondary winding.

Kidfinger, I'm not familiar with the program you're using, but is there an input for the turns ratio of those two windings? They aren't labeled in the schematics...at least not that I could see and that would significantly impact the output voltage/current. Also, I might be having a bad brain fart, but I didn't see any kind of solid state rectifier in there that would require the usage of capacitors/diodes. Would you mind sending me a U2U with some of your data? I'd like to be able to help you with this if possible

One more thing, if there's any residual power in the secondary it could be due to two things I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Distributed capacitance in the primary winding due to the dielectric effect of the coating of the conductors inducing a voltage in the secondary winding, though this should have a relatively quick discharge time constant...nothing like 10 seconds

2. The primary winding carries a residual magnetic field after being de-energized which induces a voltage in the secondary winding

I'm kind of tired at the moment, but I'll come back to this later and see if anything comes to my mind.

[edit on 4/2/2005 by Shadow]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I highly doubt that this will get news coverage beyond discovery channel... I am still confused though because from the explanation it sounds like it uses counter Emf... ahhh screw it it's late

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Regarding that NBS report: there's a detailed analysis of it at:
www.josephnewman.com...

Also, I found some descriptions of the machine's construction at:
www.josephnewman.com...

From what I've read, Newman uses high voltage input (with as low a current as possible) to get maximum alignment of the copper atoms in the conductor, and hence get the strongest possible magnetic field around that conductor before that field collapses. It seems that the continual expansion and collapse of that field interacts with the permanent magnetic field of the rotary to cause it to spin. I also think he uses a huge flywheel (hundreds of lbs) on one end of that rotary that has an inertial effect upon the rotary and keeps it spinning past the cycle where the commutator is used to time the collapse of the conductor's magnetic field.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't buy it. Everything about this guy trips all my b.s. meters. Watching that video, the eccentricity of the spinning wheel, the duct tape, the mullet, what a joke! Snake oil, I say.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by tjack]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Interesting indeed! I had never seen this test before, glad you brought it up! After glancing it over it would appear that the device is not O/U, however given the date of review(1986) he may have a device now that could be. I am still interested in hearing what happened at the current test...

thats fair. I didn't notice the test date.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Cross physics with WWE, pure entertainment I say! I want to see more, I hope the next news conference is syndicated. Next week, Joseph Newman puts the "smack down" on physicist Dimitri Nanopoulos!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have to admit that I am not at all familiar with the world of physics. That said, I can't really agree or disagree with anyone's comments. However, it seems that much of what has been said to "defraud" newman has been similar to much of what was said to defraud Tesla. I'm not trying to draw any further similarity, so don't get too excited.

(I can see the post now: "How dare you?! Newman is a second-rate hack, tesla was a genius blah blah blah....." Please don't bother)

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It would take an act of, dare I say it, god to get some of these technologies on the market.

Hmm...I wonder, if you had invented a power source such as a ZPM, how would you get it out to the public? If I were in this position, I think I would personally contact the largest and most powerful environmental programs. It seems like they would be the most willing to help. Or would I?

...oh well, I guess we should all just settle on fossil fuels!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I read a few links and this whole free energy thing and "models" behind it is bull.

It really is.

Nah... I won't be going to demos.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
Hmm...I wonder, if you had invented a power source such as a ZPM, how would you get it out to the public?

I believe the first step would be to prove that it works. Maybe drop the power source into a car and have a couple of people drive it across the country without refueling... non-stop all the way. No need to pay whomever to drive; plenty would do it for the notoriety. In the mean time he can be working on production patenting and manufacturing.

The fact that he didn't do something like this.... instead he had a news conference with a duct taped box?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
On a related note...
I am doing a research project for a college honors course on the world of zero point research and one of the people I tried to contact was someone in Joseph newman's organization. However the only response I recieved was a polite brush off e-mail from his lawyer saying that I should check out his website and buy his books!!
Considering the guy doesn't even offer a student discount which most reputable guerilla inventors do I am a little skeptical. Who knows though I live less than a hundred miles from his home office so if he does any local demos I will do my best to take a field trip and scope it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join