It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Point Motor Goes On Display Monday, March 28

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Joseph W. Newman will display his newest energy machine Monday, March 28, 2005 in Washington, D.C. Newman's machine is an electromagnetic motor that runs cool. This technology could power cars, homes, factorys, ships, and planes at a FRACTION of the present cost of energy.

News Conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C

Energy Machine Inventor Joseph W. Newman will hold a News Conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., 529 14th Street, NW on Monday, March 28, 1:00PM, Lisagor Room

Joseph Newman will display/demonstrate his newest energy machine that is a quantum leap above his earlier energy machine technology.

As the price of oil escalates, Joseph Newman's energy machine is an inexpensive, non-polluting electromagnetic source for the world's energy needs.

This technology provides access to virtually unlimited energy that is
abundant, inexpensive, and environmentally-friendly.

Having not seeing any posts about Zero Point technology lately, I was interested in the article. So I dug into the information a little. Below is some of the information that I found. Perhaps some of you have a little more insight?

There are some posts here on ATS about Josheph Newman. He seems to be a very contraversial individual. A Google search pulls up some very interesting information about him also. It seems that he has been making claims about inventing zero point motors for several years and selling books about it. He has been in some litigation claiming that some very large companies stole his work, and put it to use in boat trolling motors on the sly.

He has apparently been on A&E and several congressmen have introduced eleven separate Bills on his behalf. One site claims that Joseph holds South African Patent Application # 831,296 for an "Energy Generation System having Higher Energy Output Than Input".

From what I see, it's difficult to tell if this guy is on the level, or if he is just a scam artist. I lean towards the latter, having seenhis website, but if he is for real, it could be interesting.

Does anybody in Washington D.C. have a time Monday to go view the demonstration and report back to ATS? Or could he be a Guest Speaker here?

Below are images of the motor from the patent application.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nice collection of information!

It must be even harder when the subject has "NO point"

It would be nice if someone from the area would take a look at this presentation.
These announcements always trigger my scam-ometer.
The presenters always have a problem with someone going over the claims with a fine-toothed comb. Even a close visual inspection, is usually not allowed.

I'm too far away to go myself, I will be paying attention though..
Maybe a follow up post from you makeitso?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have heard about ZPE but never knew what it really was. I hope someone can come in and verify whats going on. Hopefully it wont just be swepted under the rug, so big companies can keep their power.

I found this article in Scientific American:

www.sciam.com...

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He'll probably be charging money to see the demonstration. He's been doing this stuff for years, getting people to invest in his supposed free energy machines.

If his machines work then why does he keep bringing out new ones all the time based on different principles?

www.phact.org...

People like him and Dennis Lee give the whole alternative energy scene such a bad name. These guys have no interest in the sciences of alternative energy, only the science of getting people to invest in unworkable inventions.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I guess we will see what happens on monday. Until then we can only go by his previous actions, which are more than shady. If he does present something legit and without the need for smoke and mirrors than I will be incredibly suprised.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If my memory serves, I remember hearing about this guy when I was a teenager in HS - think he was featured on TV on "that's incredible" or some such show and even was discussed in Discover magazine.

In any case, imo, he's almost certainly a total fraud. The use of the term "zero point" raises red flags. "Zero-point energy" is a term used in quantum mechanics to describe the energy all atoms and molecules have in their ground state. Unless the electrons cease to move and nuclear repulsion ceases to exist as well, all atoms have some amount of inherent energy when they are in their ground electronic state. This energy cannot be recovered because it would require there to exist an energy state below the ground state. This, of course, would turn QM on its head.

The simplest explanation that I can think of for why zero-point energy is not equal to zero is because otherwise all atoms would be energetically identical, and chemistry as we know it would cease to exist as well. In other words, if a nitrogen atom was the same in its ground state as an oxygen atom, then there would be no chemical difference between these atoms.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've been following Newman's work for several years. Like many, I'm skeptical --- but having visited his website and read about all the posted documents, there are several things that suggest he may be on to something.

There was a Special Master/Technical Expert & former Commissioner of the U.S. Patent Office appointed by a Federal District Court in Wash., D.C. who evaluated Newman's work and reported that (quote) "Evidence before the Patent and Trademark Office and this Court is overwhelming that Newman has built and tested a prototype of his invention in which the output energy exceeds the external input energy; there is no contradictory factual evidence."

Also, I understand that over 30 physicists, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers have tested his device and signed affidavits that it performs as stated.

About 3 months ago I did speak to a man who has invested in Newman's technology -- and he said that before he invested, Newman told him he should visit his lab, bring along his own expert(s) and test the device to his/his expert's satisfaction before investing anything. That doesn't sound like the actions of a scammer.

From what I've read on the website, Newman only seeks a patent for his invention --- which wouldn't cost the taxpayer anything. Then he could stand or fall in the marketplace.

Having reviewed the evidence it appears that the one instance that the NBS (now NIST) did conduct testing on a small prototype of Newman's machine was done incompetently, e.g., the guys doing the testing grounded all tests; I find it interesting that not a single test was done without such grounding. You'd think they'd have the curiosity to conduct at least ONE such test.

Also, from reviewing Newman's website, it seems he does not call his technology "ZPG", "zero-point energy" or "free energy" --- all of which he claims are scientifically inaccurate. He does claim that the excess energy produced by the system comes from the materials used within the system. Thus, the net output exceeds the EXTERNAL input, but only because internally produced energies are added to the equation.

I say, give the guy his patent and let him rise or fall in the marketplace.

RM

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, did anyone go look at it?

Anybody?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I would hope so, but I somehow doubt that anyone went. I would have gone but I live no where near the press conference, maybe someone on here heard something or saw something, but until then I would keep an eye on zpenergy because they might have some new info later tonight or tommorow. I wish I could have been there...

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Sigma]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yes, I have checked at zpenergy, but there are only a few postings on it.

However, one of the posts says that he will be on the discovery channel tonight in Canada.

Re: energy machine press conference announced (Score: 1)
by Bunny on Tuesday, March 29 @ 10:49:03 PST

They are going to be on the Discover Channel in Canada (not the US) today or tomorrow.

And

They think it's suppose to be on tonight or tomorrow at 7 or 11 o'clock.

I dont live in Canada, so I wont be able to see it.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have software called 'MultiSim'. You can design any type of circuit you can dream of and test it in the software. I will use he info off the specs from the pics above and any other info I can find to build this thing. After I have finished testing it, I will report back and tell you guys what happened. I dont have much faith in this though. Mainly because there are some obvious problems with his diagrams. First off, the power source just has the number 20 beside it. There is no indication of what that 20 is. 20 mV? 20KA? As a matter of fact, after further review of the pics, there seems to be many variable that are not marked accordingly.

This might take a day or two, but when Im finished, we will know if this is BS or the truth.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have been reading the S.African patent link to try an gleen a bit of info on this ZPE machine. After carful reading, ZPE or Zero Point Energy may not be the best description of these devices. (Yes, I said devices. The diagrams you linked to are actually a few different devices.) This would be better described as a Magnetic Flux Generator. It works on the principles of magnitism and coil properties with gyroscopic particles. It is quite an interesting read.

As for building the device, I had questioned earlier what the variables were supposed to be for input energy(V or I) as well as the rest. Well, after reading the S. African link, I have found that the input is varied anywhere between 47V to 600V. The rest of the numbers are just labels he has designated as part numbers. Its going to take a while to dig up what they are, but this thing really has my intrest piqued.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And I now have this thread book marked. Hopefully he is on the level... the time does seem right for the next technological step anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There's an interesting site of a French researcher named JL Naudin/M.David who apparently has independently built his version of a Newman energy machine.

He's got blueprints, oscilloscope photos, diagrams, shows an operating unit, etc., of his small table-top version which he claims validates Newman's work. One of the things I find most interesting about Naudin's work is that he claims the operating temperature of the device measurably decreased as it operated. Conventional motors operate warm/hot, but the Newman devices are said to always operate cool. If there really is a "cooling effect", then that has some intriguing thermodynamic implications.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Perhaps the cooling is a sign of Negative-entropy?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Here's Naudin's pages about Newman's machine:

jnaudin.free.fr...

It's difficult to determine how revolutionary this is. If there really is "more output than flows from this battery" as Newman says, then the device should be able to run itself in a closed loop indefinitely. But that doesn't appear to be the case. Naudin can only run the motor in a closed loop for 5 minutes. 70 seconds of which comes from capacitance.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
From what I can tell, the system is supposedly constantly recharging the batteries while it operates (along with torque from the spinning rotary) -- and the engineers who've tested it report that the fluke meter confirms that negative flow -- as do the oscilloscope photos (as indicated by Naudin, as well). Apparently what's claimed is that the special commutator's "timing" of the pulses whereby the coil's field collapses/expands is absolutely critical to being able to "recirculate" that backemf. Last night I called the guy that I knew had invested in Newman's work, and he said that Newman is trying to build a capacitor system that is capable of storing the huge back-spike produced by the 7,500-lb energy machine unit he's using. He also told me that the output from the big machine quickly overloads the two large industrial capacitors used so far in the system -- in one instance causing one of them to begin leaking oil. I guess the idea is if they can obtain a large enough capacitor system to capture/hold the back-spike, then that will provide the "timing" they need to recycle that back-emf back into the system.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So it is more of a counter emf device that is in some way capable of taking the back spikes?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I suppose that's a good way to describe it. Apparently Newman has claimed that the batteries used to provide input voltage (and as low a current as possible) act simultaneously as batteries AND capacitors. But I think that's a temporary fix until he figures out a way to use large capacitors in place of the batteries. From what I understand, all the capacitors used so far on his 7,500 lb machine aren't large enough to hold that back-charge.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've been watching this thread for a few days now and find this subject absolutely facinating. FYI his site is now updated for the first time since the presentation at www.josephnewman.com....

It seems that he had some hecklers and naysayers that he had to "physically remove." Unsurprising given the controversial nature of his "life's work." Also a new vid is available from his site. Has anybody seen his previous videos or is anybody planning to buy this one? I'm curious to hear whats on those.

It also seems strange that he held this presentation for the press, but when I googled it there was no media coverage whatsoever.

[edit on 3/31/2005 by darwinman1]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join