It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents of Riga were horrified by shots and explosions in the city center

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

On September 10, the inhabitants of Riga were shocked by the military actions that took place in the center of the Latvian capital. Ordinary townspeople walking around the city with their children or hurrying about their business found themselves in the center of shootings of armed men in forest camouflage and storming city buildings.

In the center of the capital of Latvia, Riga, as part of the NATO Namejs 2021 military exercises to repel a possible Russian aggression, mass shootings and assaults took place. Moreover, no one warned the residents of the city, and these shootings greatly frightened many townspeople, from old people to small children.

It is not reported whether it was possible to repel the "Russian aggression", but, as said by the press secretary of the Latvian Defense Ministry, Kaspars Galkins, three NATO servicemen were seriously injured.

"Three members of the Allied Forces were injured in the accident," Galkins said.
The victims were hospitalized, one was discharged after examination.
"The condition of the two victims is characterized as stable," said Galkins.

The Russian army does not even need to enter the Baltics, NATO armies suffer losses even without the presence of the Russians.

However, many analysts argue that these exercises are not directed against a hypothetical "Russian invasion", but against the civilian population of Latvia itself, which has recently been shaken by mass demonstrations and civil unrest. directed against the existing government.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Bet they were shocked when the Red Army arrived in 1940 too.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

You will lose your bet. Because it was the Latvians who, after a democratic vote in parliament, almost unanimously made the decision to join the USSR. There are many photographs of Latvians celebrating after the parliament passed this decision.
I don't like betting. in which the victory is obvious. It's not sporting. this is unfair.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What the hell have I just watched???
I'd tend to agree this is preparing against their own people. As soon as I started watching it reminded me of the footages we would see in Northern Ireland during the 'Troubles'.
Not good!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Cheers

You will lose your bet. Because it was the Latvians who, after a democratic vote in parliament, almost unanimously made the decision to join the USSR. There are many photographs of Latvians celebrating after the parliament passed this decision.
I don't like betting. in which the victory is obvious. It's not sporting. this is unfair.

MMM-HHH!!

That is why it took the occupying Soviet forces until, what, the 1960s to finally eradicate the resistance of Latvians? You have heard of the "Forest Brothers", I take it.

You shouldn't bet based on information provided by Soviet propaganda, my friend. That only wins one bets in Moskva.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Cheers

Before or after being overrun by red army?

And were they allowed to later leave ussr, or did communist dictator send in more troops?

And that does not look ANYTHING like a nato exercise.

Is fake.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Cheers

MMM-HHH!!

That is why it took the occupying Soviet forces until, what, the 1960s to finally eradicate the resistance of Latvians? You have heard of the "Forest Brothers", I take it.

You shouldn't bet based on information provided by Soviet propaganda, my friend. That only wins one bets in Moskva.

Cheers

Hmmm. Forest brothers ??? Are you more justifiable than the Nazis, members of the national SS punitive battalions?
This is very bad form.

By the way, there has been no Soviet propaganda for 30 years. During the Soviet era, I myself have been to Riga, Tallinn and Vilyunus several times. People lived there orders of magnitude better than in Central Russia. The Baltics were the showcase of the USSR. There was almost the West.
And where is all the industry that the Russians built there now? Everything is closed and destroyed.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Cheers

And were they allowed to later leave ussr, or did communist dictator send in more troops?

Is fake.

I wonder who faked it? In the video, the streets of Riga, the buildings are very recognizable, people speak Latvian, soldiers in NATO uniform, but for some reason in forest camouflage (it would be better to wear desert camouflage in the city), the statement of the press secretary of the Latvian Ministry of Defense is real. Take off your rosy propaganda glasses)))

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Three NATO soldiers have been injured as a result of an accident during the Namejs 2021 military exercises taking place at the Adazu training ground in Latvia, Kaspars Galkins, the spokesman for the Latvian Defense Ministry, said on Saturday.

"Three soldiers of the allied armed forces got injuries as a result of an accident," Galkins said.

The injured were hospitalized, but one of them was released shortly after medical examination. The condition of the others is stable, the spokesman added.

Galkins did not specify the details of the incident, and did not say which country the soldiers were from.

The Namejs 2021 drills began in Latvia on August 30 and will last October 3, with 9,300 people from 17 countries.
www.urdupoint.com...

At times of tension between East and West these training excesses are prudent.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Three NATO soldiers have been injured as a result of an accident during the Namejs 2021 military exercises taking place at the Adazu training ground in Latvia, Kaspars Galkins, the spokesman for the Latvian Defense Ministry, said on Saturday.

"Three soldiers of the allied armed forces got injuries as a result of an accident," Galkins said.

The injured were hospitalized, but one of them was released shortly after medical examination. The condition of the others is stable, the spokesman added.

Galkins did not specify the details of the incident, and did not say which country the soldiers were from.

The Namejs 2021 drills began in Latvia on August 30 and will last October 3, with 9,300 people from 17 countries.
www.urdupoint.com...

At times of tension between East and West these training excesses are prudent.

Weird. Normal civilized people consider this to be madness.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Cheers

Is fake.

I wonder who faked it? In the video, the streets of Riga, the buildings are very recognizable, people speak Latvian, soldiers in NATO uniform, but for some reason in forest camouflage (it would be better to wear desert camouflage in the city), the statement of the press secretary of the Latvian Ministry of Defense is real. Take off your rosy propaganda glasses)))

Might be actual latvians doing stupid sh#t.

Is NOT NATO.

No U.S. military would behave in this way.

EVER.

And most of NATO's protocols are fashioned after U.S. doctrine.

Just more propaganda from your boss.

Please ask him if this means he now intends to send the red army to latvia again.

We'll send a few folks to greet vlad's invaders.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Guess I'm not normal people then , most people there seemed to be standing around filming the action , I didn't see any panic in the video.

Real world training requires real world conditions plus they wouldn't have been using live rounds with members of the public milling around.
edit on 12-9-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Cheers

Is fake.

Is NOT NATO.

EVER.

Please ask him if this means he now intends to send the red army to latvia again.

Oh, I will part you. These are precisely NATO servicemen and Americans. Ever since the Baltic countries became NATO members, scandals with drunken NATO soldiers in cities have sprung up from time to time. I can cite many examples and scandals, from rape to drunkenness and urination on monuments and streets of capitals.
For some time now, the Baltics in the West have been countries with cheap sex tourism. This is a great achievement.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Guess I'm not normal people then , most people there seemed to be standing around filming the action , I didn't see any panic in the video.

Real world training requires real world conditions plus they wouldn't have been using live rounds with members of the public milling around.

I don't know what your criteria of normality are. This is impossible in Russia. We are in shock from this video.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Cheers

Is fake.

Is NOT NATO.

EVER.

Oh, I will part you. These are precisely NATO servicemen and Americans. Ever since the Baltic countries became NATO members, scandals with drunken NATO soldiers in cities have sprung up from time to time. I can cite many examples and scandals, from rape to drunkenness and urination on monuments and streets of capitals.
For some time now, the Baltics in the West have been countries with cheap sex tourism. This is a great achievement.

Still committed to the propaganda I see.

You should ask vlad for a raise.

Just because a country is in nato, does not mean these are nato forces, or that the smack you posted is a nato exercise.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Cheers

Is fake.

Is NOT NATO.

EVER.

Just because a country is in nato, does not mean these are nato forces, or that the smack you posted is a nato exercise.

Let me decide for myself what to do. Let me remind you that the bones of such "pointers of what we should do" are scattered across Russia's vast lands.
Well, if you are already abandoning your soldiers, betraying them, then this speaks of the morale of NATO soldiers.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The "citizens" looked pretty nonchalant about the whole thing to me, with people standing all around them taking photos and videos. Sure, the one little kid got upset, but everyone else looked like they pretty much already knew what was going on.

Also, not live rounds either, just tiny blanks. If those would have been live rounds it would have been deafening, and I can guarantee you people wouldn't be casually standing around taking pictures and videos! They'd have been running for cover and covering their ears. If you've ever heard a squad operated automatic weapon up close, spewing fire, expended brass and links all over the place you'd know it was business time!

This is just some silly BS.
edit on 9/12/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Cheers

Is fake.

Is NOT NATO.

EVER.

Let me decide for myself what to do. Let me remind you that the bones of such "pointers of what we should do" are scattered across Russia's vast lands.
Well, if you are already abandoning your soldiers, betraying them, then this speaks of the morale of NATO soldiers.

Your propaganda is much weaker than usual.

Having a bad day?

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

The "citizens" looked pretty nonchalant about the whole thing to me, with people standing all around them taking photos and video. Sure, the one little kid got upset, but everyone else looked like they pretty much already knew what was going on.

I do not want to wish your family members, especially children, to see this at the doorstep of your house.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Cheers

Is fake.

Is NOT NATO.

EVER.

Your propaganda is much weaker than usual.

Having a bad day?

You will not be able to bring me to emotions. With your comments, you only show the level of your intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join