It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An answer to the black triangles?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghoul
a reply to: MDDoxs

Concorde = civilian airliner, Mach 2.2 at 60 000 ft
Blackbird : Mach 3.3 up to 90 000 ft (for the A-12, i heard an unoficial record at 94)
Not really the same, there is a big difference between mach 2 and 3

Oh and the blackbird did it's first flight almost 7 years before the concorde

Highest unmanned powered lighter than air vehicle (LAV), 95,000ft.

High and slow is a way to go, too.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: MDDoxs

Double post
edit on 10-9-2021 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

with modern nuclear power plus solar you could get it to a few gigawatts

but I don't think its for taking out hypersonic weapons, I'm sure it could as a KKV or maybe has some electron s to shut the missiles down or cause them to fail.

I have always wondered if you could use a free electron laser that was tuned to very hard x-rays and when the beam would intercept said nuke the neutron flux from the materials in and on the missile might cause it to detonate as a fizzle

or maybe they figured out how to create neutron beams without super advanced accelerators and using gravity as a lens.

if it is true these triangular craft can mess with gravity you could use that tech to help focus a neutron beam in to a neutron laser of sorts, and that for sure would mess with nuclear warheads.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: penroc3

I have read over the years in POPULAR MECHANICS and AVIATION WEEK articles about stealth blimp projects. They all speculated as to their missions. Being huge and stealthy the only mission possible for them would be reconnaissance or clandestine inserting of special operators in high risk areas.

Many years ago during a military reunion I was talking to our guess speaker who was a platoon commander of a SEAL unit. He laughingly said that they could be inserted from space in future operations. I took it as SEAL bravado but retrospectively maybe he was referring to insertions from black triangular air vehicles...just guessing.

or they could have some other fancy transport, just big enough for 6-8 people to fit and a few skips and you are where ever you need to be

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghoul

JPA has been working on its airship since the late 1990's. They got a big boost on the project in the early 2000's when the US Air Force BattleLab contracted with them to develop a proof of concept prototype; which the AF subsequently destroyed when they tried to launch it in high winds preceding a thunderstorm.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

i was thinking about more like a modern DynaSoar

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i was thinking about more like a modern DynaSoar

Oddly enough, the DynaSoar project was not a popular subject with one of the astronauts I had occasion to speak to back in the late '80's. To the extent that he firmly derided the project.

I never got a solid explanation as to why, though.

I think that it is significant that BBT's are most commonly spotted at night, or in low-light circumstances. It us surprisingly easy to fool visual perception at night, when there are fewer recognizable references visible. The size and speed, even the direction of an aircraft can be visually "spoofed" just with tricks of lighting, as has been mentioned.

The unusually large size of these crafts, as has been questioned, could be attributed to the needs of LAV requirements, whether they use conventional gas cells, or perhaps something exotic, like vacuum cells (which would require as yet undisclosed advances in materials science).

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

well in Iraq and Afghanistan they used these things called aero sats.

they were blimps that had all sorts of ISR stuff on them and they were really a classic blimp looking thing.

so its not a strech to think there is some very advanced rigid stealth blimp or LTA thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

Weren't these things like a mile wide?

Why would you build a mile wide drone?

Bragging rights?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

or it might have a function.

it might need all that size to hold the equipment to make it do its thing

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

ETA: also if it is a LTA or vaccume cell blimp who knows what kind of meta materials and other optical camo it could use.

we have allot of reports of the bigger BT's(that I have never seen) projecting a false star field on the bottom of the craft.

what if the skin was made of an OLED film, you could blend with anything.

kind of off topic but I have only had sneak peeks at real advanced radar screens and know the fundamentals of RADAR but I have always wondered if you could hide a slower moving aircraft in a storm system or just thick cloud's?

we know the B2 and others use chemical agents agents and good weather reports to hide their con trail(clouds) because radar and visual detection.

imagine cloud seeding into the prevailing winds so it creates a storm over your target or on the way to the target to use the clouds and rain and lightning to hide attack aircraft.

also recently I have seen some AMAZING things at my old school like advanced meta materials. they created a paper thin and cheep meta material that can bend microwaves around the object that the meta materials were covering.

so on the RADAR there wouldn't even be a blank spot(like some ECM's) like with normal stealth detection methods.
BiSCo wafers that need at the least liquid N2 to work so that an improvement of almost 300 degrees. to bad it has to be under extrem pressures to work.

there are also people working on super conductors that use things like polonium and other strong alpha emitters and they are seeing some very interesting results

Radar is microwaves.......well most of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the information. The X-59 program looks neat. I cant wait for super sonic commercial flight?

That all being said, would you still expect to see some comparable technology in the public light close to what we see from the UAPs or likely not?

the reason for the BT's long legs is their ability to decrease the pull of gravity on itself and the fuel inside it therefore reducing its mass under power.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've only ever heard one half believable explanation for the alleged BBT and its curious mission profile (i.e low slow over populous areas) - and it went something like:

There are a number of small, easy to conceal devices in "none official" circulation that could cause a very bad day for anyone within a 30 KM radius if activated.
The BBT's are used to search for/detect these devices which avoid all conventional means of detection by virtue of not utilising the usual chemical/radioactive components associated with WMD.
The BBT's have to be large because the identifying "event" they seek is small - so they are basically giant sensor craft.
Usually they operate only at night with a broadband optical stealth capability- but it doesn't always work from all angles for all observers.

The tale was told in context of this uber weapon and I got the feeling the tale teller was including the BBT so they could enjoy a double helping of dupers delight - but there you have it.....
edit on 11-9-2021 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

a group in japan purchased a TON of land in Australia and they were tying to build an atomic bomb.

and they had the right people and money to do it, and at some point there was an earthquake near their compound in the out back. The same group released Sarin in the Tokyo tube system.

Uranium is all over the place and its not exactly a secret on how to refine it into bomb grade metals. And if you have the people with the know how and the money anything is possible.

the biggest nuclear threat as i see it to America is a dirty bomb, all it would take is someone stealing a cobalt source from a cancer ward and than melt your plastic explosives and mix in the uber radioactive Cobalt into the wax/explosive mixture.

take it to a tall building or get a professional drone take it up super high over a city and detonate it, now that city is unusable.

The Secret Service has things in their quiver that is honestly little scary and have potent ISR capabilities

They spare no expense when it comes to COG things.

I would honestly be shocked if the SHTF if the major heads of the US government were not picked up by these things and then hover around the edge of space.

These craft would make PERFECT airborne command centers think about cobra ball or looking glass

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I don’t believe they exist at all, nothing about them say real to me.

Reported sightings all seem to be of slow, low flying, large aircraft. Completely against any offensive doctrine.

Defensive? What are you deploying clandestine assets against your own people for? You advertise surveillance, it’s no use spotting a suicide bomber in range of the POTUS.

Dream catching or whatever that astro fella was spouting, please.

The only black triangles in my opinion are the F-117 and B2 and they are not quiet.

Sorry but you don’t routinely fly reapers over the population, no matter how good you night vision is, it’s not photo realistic so night time surveillance does not warrant some cutting edge tech investment to spy on your own people.

I could go on and on - tell me something these ‘craft’ can do that I cannot counter with what we actually deploy, CCTV, NSA monitoring all comms, from a desk hundreds of miles away from everything, U2, RQ170, Reapers, Global Hawk, Special Forces…..

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Sorry but your sighting is not the black triangle meme, as mentioned above, the black triangle is the size of a football pitch, can go into space, collects dreams….

If you have seen something at rooftop level the size of an F-16 then that is different to the so called ‘black triangles’. It may have been black and a triangle, but don’t conflate it with the legend of the black triangle!!

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Spacespider

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence tho.
I mean for this case of BBT, I'm not fully convinced.
At the same time there is evidence that stealth airship were at some point studied, and we know there is companies that are really working on some triangle airship for the military. And there might be some classified ones also.
I suggest you this article :
www.thedrive.com...

But there is adifference between a stealth airship loitering at very high altitude (which is feasible) and massive triangle loitering above major cities before accelerating at whatever crazy speed. Not saying it is impossible but that would be extremely surprising.
Ans those "traingles" seems to have been spotted for decades and decades by thousand of people but.. never a clear picture or never any physical evidence. Maybe sightings are enough for some people to be convinced but personnally i'm not entirely.
I will stick to saying "I don't know" and maybe wait for more evidence.
But it is an interesting subject for sure.

Problem with an airship in the theme of large black triangles, they cannot outrun the day, they either have to slowly fly off to hide in a large facility or be the worst colour platform trying to hide in daylight.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The use of ‘blimps’ for base defence is super simple, very low cost, fast to deploy higher than any possible tower, are tethered so power from the ground is a hundred time last redundant, can carry large payloads, operators can stay relatively safe in a compound and can have autonomous sensors to reduce the number of operators.

I would agree that a good year blimp with kick ass cameras is perfect for surveillance, but for the sake of repeating myself, this is not wat BBTs are about.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

all I can do is report what I've seen

everything BUT the size was right, and I was not the only one to see it.

maybe they were able to shrink the tech down to allow for a drone of sorts.

what I saw was black, triangular, silent, hovering less than 100 feet away and MAYBE 100 feet in the air.

it was like it was pined to the spot in the air and slowly rotated and after I watched it for a few seconds it left so fast and silent if I had blinked I would say it disappeared.

the BT's seen in Eupen Belgium were not that big and were more on the order of what i have seen.

I don't doubt the big ones exist but i KNOW the smaller ones do as well.

'fits pretty perfectly.

eta it was in the middle of an intersection when i saw it and zipped off into space, not a blimp.

edit on 12-9-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join