It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the reason sasquatch hasnt been discovered.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Could there be people out there who are intentionally preventing mankind from discoving a sasquatch?

I believe their could be. Think about what would happen to the forests if one was discovered...

I think it would almost be tragic if bigfoot was found.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Think about what would happen to the forests if one was discovered

It would instantly be declared a wildlife sanctuary and all people would be kept out by force if necessary.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that. Too much money could be made off it. Tourists would swarm in and the forrests would slowly be destroyed... Trophey hunters may even enter and try to see what they can take.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If Bigfoots really exist, that would mean that there has to have been a breeding population that is at least 10,000 - 20,000 years old. My questions is - where is the fossil evidence to support their existance?

I mean, there are creatures that we have never seen alive (giant squid), but we at least find their bodies from time to time.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I doubt that if it was discovered people would swarm in so quickly. I'm sure most people wouldn't believe right away that someone found the bigfoot .

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I doubt that if it was discovered people would swarm in so quickly. I'm sure most people wouldn't believe right away that someone found the Bigfoot .

Hmm I’m not so sure here, I think if a real "bigfoot" was found people would flock to see it, Intern you would then get hunters,

It would instantly be declared a wildlife sanctuary

Or the next science project, I’m am in no doubt that if a "bigfoot" was found they would surly want to test the creature and also open one up.

I have to agree antigovFZ777 I think there better left not found, They have survived this long without are help of our intervention, If we step in I believe there time would be counted until extinction....

I for one would never tell if i seen one, I would sit back and think " i know something that noone else knows lol"

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I agree nearly 100% with asala here. if at all possible i would try to study the creature. But chances are that wouldnt be possible. Most likely i would never see it again after the first time.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yes, perhaps the price of knowing for sure bigfoot existed would be too much to pay. Some mystery and wonder would leave the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Could bigfoot be a inter-dimensional traveler? Think of it... With all the technology at our fingertips for finding things on dry land, why hasn't there been a bona fide discovery?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
as someone once said somthings should just be left alone for what ever reason it may be

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If the existance of bigfoot was ever confirmed, it would be immediately put under the protection of the Endangered Species Act and it and its habitat would be protected. Of course if it was discovered 100 years ago, it would have been a disaster and hunted to extinction.

[edit on 3/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There's another facet to this, If was that Bigfoot was a creature that, even though it may only have a rudiment view on being a social animal, could be seen to be a direct 'cousin' of sorts to humans, then there maybe a religous problem.
I know that somewhere in the bible there's a mention "there were giants in the earth then", but I bet this furry enigma would be a real problem to explain to the many churches and beliefs.

How does one explain that God put Bigfoot here to fear and avoid man and to live like an animal.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbreid
Could bigfoot be a inter-dimensional traveler? Think of it... With all the technology at our fingertips for finding things on dry land, why hasn't there been a bona fide discovery?

I know this sounds like a really far fetched theory, but it is one I have heard before. A woman used to post that sasquatch was interdimensional and that was the reason no remains were ever discovered etc... Absolutely no proof for this at all but intriguing nonetheless. If I can find her posts I will link back to it here, just for some other reading.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I hope none of the creatures we think about ever get "discovered", while I do believe that there are Bigfoot...you have all those idiot mentality people that would have to have it dead to believe it, and then of course be able to dissect it piece by piece.....so I hope they just stay hidden!

As to never finding bones...how many wolf bones do we find? Bird? Fox?

[edit on 3/29/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

I know this sounds like a really far fetched theory, but it is one I have heard before. A woman used to post that sasquatch was interdimensional and that was the reason no remains were ever discovered etc... Absolutely no proof for this at all but intriguing nonetheless. If I can find her posts I will link back to it here, just for some other reading.

The reason I posted this notion is this: I believe a truly pure and spiritual being is not bound by our reality, Native American religion points this out with clarity- their religious history is rife with paranormal events. What if these virtues came naturally? And out of self-preservation Sasquatch could move between dimensional realms? I believe if we, descendants of European civilization, had held onto one iota of Native American beliefs we would be alot closer to the truth concerning Bigfoot.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
About evidence: Gigantopithecus could be proof. When the subject of lack of physical evidence for the existence of sasquatch, oh-mah, yeti, alma, organ-pendek, etc., etc., etc. arises, it is imperative that we understand the habit of many animals to seek out a secluded place in which to die. If however, death comes suddenly, it must be understood that these reported creatures live in very wild areas. Also reports of the creatures go back centuries-in the form of myths and legends. Of course, it could be that, as many cultures, Native Americans included, do not distinguish between physical and spiritual realms, these creatures are purely mythical. However, myth aside, there have been many eye-witness reports, which mostly agree on physical features of the creature. In addition, there have been fur/hair samples found that do not, when tested, match the fur/hair of known creatures; reported 'sasquatchian' fecal matters has been tested with the result of being found to contain unknown parasites.

About a religious dilemna being created if these creatures were proven to exist: I see no reason to believe that the existence of a bipedal ape would shake Christian theology ( I am ill qualified to speculate in regards to other religions). Some may take Gen. 1:27 ("God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them") to mean Man resembles God physically, but as God is a spiritual, not a physical, entity. God created man to have a spirit, not body, in the image of God. Thus, physical attributes such as bipedality do not make a creature more human.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Hahaha, there was an episode or two of Six Million Dollar Man that claimed exactly that, this followed with a short lived series about the dimensional traveling friends of Bigfoot, Roddy McDowel played in it.
I have no idea the name of this show, it was way back in 1977 or so.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Hahaha, there was an episode or two of Six Million Dollar Man that claimed exactly that, this followed with a short lived series about the dimensional traveling friends of Bigfoot, Roddy McDowel played in it.
I have no idea the name of this show, it was way back in 1977 or so.

Oh man, trumped by television. What a way to burn...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
well their are new animals found every day, their was a type of deer like thing (cant remember name) that was just found last year and no evidence supported the exestance of it untill one was captured. so it could be the came with bigfoot just hasnt happend yet

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Actually, the most logical & plausible theory I've found to explain why Bigfoot even exists involves the deep evolutionary time with the various Hominid species that competed for dominance.

For example, I've read of 3 major Homind species in Africa...Homo Habilis (our direct ancestors) also roamed the same savannahs as Astrolopithicus Robustus & Astrolopithicus Africanus. Since the Robustus strain of Hominid was a large, strong vegetarian, it probably held out longer from the constant competition for food simply because of its sheer size intimidated the smaller species.
However, Homo Habilis developed a more efficient organization & the new use of *fashioned* tools gave it an edge that the simple vegetarian couldn't compete with. Robustus probably learned over time to avoid Habilis & gave up its favorite territories without a fight...Perhaps Bigfoot is the modern decendant of Robustus. This could explain why Bigfoot is so elusive, having learned to avoid the "dominant hominids".
In all of that deep time, archeological study of human history has noted several hominid species along the winding path of evolution...But we're the last to survive. There's only one hominid species left & we're it.

...Or perhaps Bigfoot (& Yeti, perhaps) happens to be the last remnants of another hominid species? In a way, we are the reason they're so hard to find...Perhaps they're under a hundreds-of-millenium "learned instinct" to avoid us at any cost!

[edit on 12-4-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join