It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I wanted to make this thread to put a few ideas out there. The whole news cycle the past few weeks in regards to Afghanistan doesnt make sense.

Let's start with, why all of a sudden is this news. Trump started this withdrawal process when he was in office. Aside from some brief stories not much has been heard on the Afghanistan situation in probably 10 years. I understand what is happening is actually "news" but so much seems contrived and staged.

I'll make a list of questions. I have about all this.

-Where have the Taliban been training? Spec ops units, etc. I thought these guys were "goat herders with ak's"? Seems hard to do if they were "in hiding".

-Who trained them? Seems all of a sudden the are functioning like a western military. I can almost say for certain some were part of the Afghan army and police. But that many?

-Why are they being treated as a legit government all of a sudden? I thought we didnt negotiate with terrorists?

-How much involvement did the western intelligence agencies have in training the Taliban 2.0?

-Which countries supplied the Taliban 2.0?

-Why now? Who is gaining from all this?

-What is the status of all the equipment left behind? Was it spare parts stuff, all functional, who dropped the ball there?

In conclusion I'd say this is a massive distraction from something. To many things aren't adding up. I know nothing has since January of 2020.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SwampFox999

They knew not to push Trump when he was the one making calls. He proved he'd drop a bomb on them in a heartbeat. Peace through strength. Biden claims they're a government body and negotiates with them, big problem.

How long before they hack or destroy our power grid that hasn't been upgraded since, what, the 1950's? We have open borders with illegal aliens pouring across once again, and we're all focused on a useless vaccine as we continue to get more divided.

I've made preparations in case the grid goes down, I hope others have as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwampFox999
I wanted to make this thread to put a few ideas out there. The whole news cycle the past few weeks in regards to Afghanistan doesnt make sense.

Let's start with, why all of a sudden is this news. Trump started this withdrawal process when he was in office. Aside from some brief stories not much has been heard on the Afghanistan situation in probably 10 years. I understand what is happening is actually "news" but so much seems contrived and staged.

I'll make a list of questions. I have about all this.

-Where have the Taliban been training? Spec ops units, etc. I thought these guys were "goat herders with ak's"? Seems hard to do if they were "in hiding".

They haven't been hiding. Afghanistan is a big place. Our guys aren't everywhere. Our satellites can't see the whole country at once, and even if they could the time it would take to sort through all that data would take eons.

Go out on Google Earth and see how long it takes you to scan and analyze every 100 square foot grid for the entire country. When you come back next week let us know how you're progressing.

-Who trained them? Seems all of a sudden the are functioning like a western military. I can almost say for certain some were part of the Afghan army and police. But that many?

Simple. We trained them. And yes, many absolutely are from the Afghan army and police.

-Why are they being treated as a legit government all of a sudden? I thought we didnt negotiate with terrorists?

Beats the S# outta' me! Only reason I can come up with is our leaders are complete idiots and our 3 letter agencies are completely out of control.

-How much involvement did the western intelligence agencies have in training the Taliban 2.0?

A LOT! If you knew the truth of what went on behind the scenes you would vomit yourself inside out!

-Which countries supplied the Taliban 2.0?

NATO

-Why now? Who is gaining from all this?

Why not now? Well, it sure as hell ain't us! Dope addict Hunter will probably sell a whole bunch of his crack-art though.

-What is the status of all the equipment left behind? Was it spare parts stuff, all functional, who dropped the ball there?

Most of it is fully functional. It was to be used by the Afghan army, before the traitors defected to the enemy.

In conclusion I'd say this is a massive distraction from something. To many things aren't adding up. I know nothing has since January of 2020.

No, what we have is a massive catastrophe brought upon us by the most incomprehensibly STUPID president to ever walk the face of this planet!
edit on 8/25/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

How long before they hack or destroy our power grid that hasn't been upgraded since, what, the 1950's?

Good point.
Much has been made of the 'hacking' of our electrical grid, but it wouldn't take anything all that fancy.
If you ever looked at the towers that high tension electrical lines hang from, a few jokers could topple them with a few wraps of det cord.... or if they are suicide types, make a few strategic cuts with a battery powered grinder would work.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SwampFox999

Very good questions.

Pakistan has done a lot of training and funding in recent years around the Peshwar and Laskar Gar regions. Tehrik-e-Taliban were trained by Pakistans ISI and Army. ISI offered training, safety and funding to the Haqqani Taliban Network who are being referred to as Taliban 2.0 and even let them keep US hostages in Pakistan.

Highly unlikely any are Afghan Army as they've been fighting the Taliban and any ANA and their families are on Taliban kill lists - a lot of higher rank Afghan Army have been executed in recent months. The Taliban have had a fighting force of around 150,000 since 2001.

They've not really been hiding, they controlled roughly half of Afghanistan provinces during the last 20 years and were always going to regain controll. The news just had very poor coverage of it as it's a very complex issue and doesn't fit into the general narative - it costs too much resources and page space to cover properly so articles about the Kardashians are printed instead.

They've been recapturing territory in Afghanistan the last two or three years - they'd launched rocket attacks at US bases and Kabul last year and launched their major offensive in 2020 the day after the Peace Deal was signed.

A lot of equipment was basic tools, spare parts and sporks but many armoured vehicles and cars in fully functioning condition were left behind (without keys). The US never told Afghan base commanders they were deserting Baghram Airbase and left it unguarded so local Afghans raided most of the stuff that night and set up shops selling it off.

Video of what US left at Bagram by local Afghan news TOLO - (TOLO offices were raided by the Taliban last week, unsure if their staff have been executed or forced to print pro-Taliban stuff now)

Here's pictures of what remained of the base when the Afghan Army turned up for work the next morning to find the US had deserted it without notice in the middle of the night and it had been plundered and pictures of the local shops selling US equipment. Grauniad

The last two US admins have been trying to portray the Taliban as a changed group of misunderstood hippies as it was obvious the Afghan government and Army were never going to maintain control. NATO countries played up to it as it would make the war look less of a complete and utter failure.

They're still continuing with this lie despite all the repeated breaches of the peace deal by the Taliban over the last two years and recent war crimes in Afghanistan (ethnic cleansing in Hazara, prominent educated women and girls over 12 being sold into sex slavery, beheadings of people who helped US/NATO forces, Taliban rape gangs shooting any women who work then having sex with dead bodies) etc...as it's easier than publicly admitting NATO was defeated on every level the last two decades by an enemy whose training, funding, armoury, technology, budget, etc is run on a shoestring.

As for Taliban 2.0 training - the Trump-Taliban meant the Taliban rather than Afghan Army were hired, paid and trained by the US to protect US bases from attack by rival millitant Islamic Groups as US troops left from May 2020 onwards. They were hired primarilly to fight against the Haqqani Network, despite the network being Taliban run so spent all their arms and resources on attacking the Afghan Army instead while the US refused to break the agreed ceasefire.
edit on 25-8-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The taliban are now stronger than NK's entire army.

Let that sink in.
edit on 8/25/2021 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

join