It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews do not accept Jesus because he did not fulfill all messianic prophecy. Here is a Revelation!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Judaism is the religion, philosophy, and culture of the Jewish people, and I have a lot of respect for Jewish people. They are sometimes more devoted to serving God than many other religious groups. Jews and Christians share much of the same scripture and beliefs about God and the world. Jews agree on issues of morality and devotion to God. There is however one simple issue that Jews and Christians do not agree on, and this is the identity of Jesus Christ and its implications for our lives. in fact, if in another universe, jesus were shown to not exist, real Christians would then have to call themselves Jews.

I understand the reasons why Jews do not accept Jesus, as scripture does mention a number of things the Messiah must accomplish which Jesus did not, at least not yet. Jesus did not gather all of the Lords people to Israel, and this is found in the book of Isaiah; however the book of Revelation answers this prophecy.

Isaiah 43:5-6 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. From the east I will bring your descendants; from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north, ‘Hand them over!’ and to the south, ‘Don’t hold any back!’ Bring my sons from distant lands, and my daughters from the remote regions of the Earth.”

Revelation 21:1-4 “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had ceased to exist, and the sea existed no more. And I saw the holy city – the new Jerusalem – descending out of heaven from God, made ready like a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: ‘Look! The residence of God is among human beings. He will live among them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist anymore-or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist.’”

I would recommend reading further into Revelation, and it shows more of God gathering his people being gathered back to Israel and more about the new city of Jerusalem. Another action taken by the Messiah that Jesus did not yet fulfill is the ushering in of an era of peace when nations do not rise up against nation and hatred is ended, as described in the book of Isaiah. There are two possibilities for this, also found in Revelation. The first possibility is that this is speaking of the new city of Jerusalem, but more likely it is speaking of the Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ before the final defeat of Satan.

Isaiah 2:4 “He will judge disputes between nations; he will settle cases for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nations will not take up the sword against other nations, and they will no longer train for war.”

Revelation 20:1-6 “Then I saw an angel descending from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the abyss and a huge chain. He seized the dragon-the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan-and tied him up for a thousand years. The angel then threw him into the abyss and locked and sealed it so that he could not deceive the nations until the one thousand years were finished. (After these things he must be released for a brief period of time.) Then I saw thrones and seated on them were those who had been given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of the testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. These had not worshiped the beast or his image and had refused to receive his mark on their forehead or hand. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were finished.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who takes part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.”

Another event that did not take place two thousand years ago when Jesus was on the Earth in the flesh was the spreading of knowledge of God uniting people. This is found in the Book of Zachariah, and answered in the book of Revelation.

Zechariah 14:9 “The Lord will then be king over all the earth. In that day the Lord will be seen as one with a single name.”

Revelation 5:11-13 ‘Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels in a circle around the throne, as well as the living creatures and the elders. Their number was ten thousand times ten thousand – thousands times thousands – all of whom were singing in a loud voice: ‘Worthy is the lamb who was killed to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and praise!’ Then I heard every creature – in heaven, on earth, under the earth, in the sea, and all that is in them – singing: ‘To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be praise, honor, glory, and ruling power forever and ever!’

Another claim that many Jews make is that Jesus said that the Mitzvot was no longer binding, and that this identified him as a false prophet. This is not true, at least not the way many Jewish people believe. While Jesus did say that the old laws were no longer applicable, he taught that when you turn your life fully over to the Lord, you will be changed, and that you are held be what the Lord compels you. This will be far more than simply following rules, and that it will have to do with making your heart pure, and not only acting pure.

In conclusion, Jesus Christ may not have completed all messianic prophecies yet but is God and has foretold the completion of the rest of the prophecies. Only by accepting his sacrifice may anyone obtain eternal life with God. In rejecting God in human form, God will reject you in eternal form.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

Which version of the Bible are you reading/ quoting from?

I don’t dispute anything you are putting down here however you say you recommend reading further into certain things so I’m curious.

I know I know I’m not known to make serious comments in religion threads but promise I’m not trolling you here.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Have you noticed a passage where a different translation would affect the point being made?
Most differences in translation have no impact on the theology, so "there are different versions" frequently becomes a knee-jerk reaction without any relevance.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That's a good question to ask. I use a few versions on a daily basis. In this case I used the New English Translation, which is great for readability and a good attempt to stay true to the original text with no regard for older translations, but I'll also read from the Young's Litteral Translation for study. A few others are useful to me too.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

He wasn't their messiah... he was for the world

They still wait for the warrior king

Yet even his believers still don't understand his message

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   

In summation, Jesus Christ may very well have been a parable, never mind completion of all messianic prophecies, given the distinct lack of credible evidence to prove his existence. And the fact that The New Testament, just like the old Testament, are books, that are written and the product of Man with all his fear and fallibility at play.

Same with the rest of the Abrahamic organised religious practices.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm showing that Jesus is the warrior king, and yes for us all. He just has not done the warrior king stuff yet in the way we understand time.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I know David was a allegedly a warrior king.

Same dude that killed Goliath.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's correct. And Jesus' family line traces back through his mothers side to king David. The linage is shown through his stepfathers linage, but they were cousins so it's the same family line.
edit on 25.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Family

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   

He wasn't a Warrior... He was a peace maker with the ability to heal the entire world and all our issues

Yet no one gets it...

It isn't a war... we've already won, regardless of this existence

We all go home... every single one of US...

this is just a place of learning...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Yes, that's why I say according to how we precieve time he hasn't done it. God is outside our perception of time, so it has all already happened.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge

Yes, that's why I say according to how we precieve time he hasn't done it. God is outside our perception of time, so it has all already happened.

Funny that He said "it is done"

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes. From the Aleph-Tav, Alpha-Omega, Beginning and End, everlasting perspective of God, it is done. We experience time differently so we don't see it as done yet. God is bigger than our perception.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   

If God is outside of Space-time no wonder he does not say much.

Observation must be quite the feat never mind intervention.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yes. From the Aleph-Tav, Alpha-Omega, Beginning and End, everlasting perspective of God, it is done. We experience time differently so we don't see it as done yet. God is bigger than our perception.

ok.. but im not a Christian

Nor do i believe in your traditions... though i do believe in what He said in the 4 books

Where does that leave me with your conclusion?

Jesus Christ may not have completed all messianic prophecies yet but is God and has foretold the completion of the rest of the prophecies. Only by accepting his sacrifice may anyone obtain eternal life with God. In rejecting God in human form, God will reject you in eternal form.

edit on 25-8-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

That's debatable. While I don't believe in the concept of universal reconciliation (I think that's a Catholic thing), that leaves either annihilism or damnation depending on your interpretation of various scripture. While I don't lean that way, I'd hope Annihilism is true over Damnation. However there are some other details to consider. I doubt that God will send observant Jews to the place we call hell. Jesus said if you reject him you will be rejected, but Jesus is God and Jews do not reject God, they simply don't acknowledge his taking human form around 0ad. Also, depending on the "denomination" of Islam, many accept the entire Bible with another prophet added in much as I accept Enoch as reliable.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

ugh... man

why do you believe punishment is the fate of the unworthy?

based on the texts of men...

Didn't you hear that no man gets to heaven but those that came down from heaven?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

In conclusion, Jesus Christ ... is God ...

Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. (John 5:18; 10:30-33) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28.

Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9.

CHAPTER 81: One With the Father, But Not God (Jesus​—The Way, the Truth, the Life)

In What Way Are Jesus and His Father One?

“I and the Father are one,” said Jesus. (John 10:30) Some quote this text to prove that Jesus and his Father are two parts of a triune God. Is that what Jesus meant by this statement?

Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, Jesus stated that he did works in the name of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had given him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect, ‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy, ‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.

Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God. “The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained. “For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”​—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.

This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said: “Let, not my will, but yours take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray to God and humbly admit to not knowing things that only his Father knew?​—Matthew 24:36.

Members of many religions worship gods that are depicted as quarreling and fighting with their own family members. In Greek mythology, for example, Cronus overthrew his father, Uranus, and devoured his own children. How different this is from the oneness based on true love between Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus! And how this unity endears them to us! In fact, we have the incomparable privilege of being in union with these two highest Persons in all the universe. Regarding his followers, Jesus prayed: “I make request . . . that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us.”​—John 17:20, 21.

Thus, when Jesus said, “I and the Father are one,” he was speaking, not of a mysterious Trinity, but of a wonderful unity​—the closest bond possible between two persons.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Honestly, there is a lot trending toward the unworthy or unbelievers simply not existing, in a similar way to what Atheists believe (for themselves), apart from one hangup. The story of the rich man in hell and Lazarus (the other one). If that could be explained, I'd side toward annihilism being correct. I would actually prefere that to be the case, but who am I to accuse God of wrongdoing?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

allegory would be the simplest explantion...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join