It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snak the Ripper - Pissing Off the Neighbours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I gotta admit, Snake the Ripper's one of those guilty pleasure type music for me. Really greasy Surrey hip-hop.

Anyway though, he just put out a live streamed concert from his backyard.

It's actually pretty great even if your not a big hip-hop fan. The first 3 songs are by a guitar player named Aspects, never heard of him before, but he's got a bluesy almost Sublime vibe to his tunes. Second song's an anti-lockdown song, third song's a pretty great cover of California Dreaming by the Mamas and Papas.

The first 8 songs of Snak's set are pretty typical Hip-hop stuff, there's a really good version of From the Dirt though.

But the second half of the set's totally different. It starts with a really cool bluesy rendition of 8 Hours a Day, then goes into a bunch of covers of some early 90's rock and grunge music, and stand by me, that's actually surprisingly really well done.

It's definitely not what I was expecting and it's actually a pretty good set with some pretty good variety for Snak.

If you like such music check it out. Even if just for the first 3 songs. Like I said, i've never heard of Aspects, but he's got a really cool bluesy, Sublime type style that's pretty awesome and I really dug that cover of California Dreaming.
edit on 9/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So good! I saw it pop on my feed today and decided to give it a listen, and it was amazing.

Will have to finish later on, I missed the Stand By Me cover

join