It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Taken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe this has been on here but at the ATM ur Photo gets taken do the banks supply the Gov woth the pics ??

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sure. They show the Feds if you rob the ATM.

Might have to move this somewhere, unless you've got a hook for a "politcal conspiracy."

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
k so pics r taken where do theythey go with the bank with the ATM ..??

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
it has always been my understanding that the pictures are only for use in cases of robbery fraud or tampering with the machine.

i was a bit surpried and disturbed when the atm photes were used in conection with 9-11. on the other hand i should be able to have my picture used say to back up an alibi. i have never seen anything on my bank card stateing that i release my rights about photoes being used against me. by consenting to use a banking machine. just like pictures from store security cameras being used except for theft from said store or if i needed to prove i was there.

i admit i am no lawyer but it was my understanding that my likeness belongs solely to me unless i sign a consent form.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
i admit i am no lawyer but it was my understanding that my likeness belongs solely to me unless i sign a consent form.

In a public place? Nope, no laws against photographing anyone for any reason.
A third party can't use your likeness to make money without your permission, but stuff like ATM machines and security cameras are completely legal.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Banshee

So what happens to the pics ..?? r we put in in a computer ??

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
i have never seen anything on my bank card stateing that i release my rights about photoes being used against me. by consenting to use a banking machine.

This is uncessary, because you have no right to privacy in a public place.

Nope. You have no 'rights' to your image. Usually television shows and whatnot will get consent even if they do something on the street.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Hemisphere
So what happens to the pics ..?? r we put in in a computer ??

Yup, usually.
Depends on the entity taking the pictures/video. Some store them indefinately, most keep a couple weeks' worth and then delete them.
The older security systems use video tape or the like, but the newer ones are all digital.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I work for a bank, so I know the answer to this....

The camera is there to prevent fraud. If someone stole your ATM and your PIN# and went to random ATM and took out all your money, you would be able to dispute that it was not you who did that by having the tape pulled. The bank has to verify that it wasn't you (and you have to agree to press charges on whomever it was if they are caught) before refunding your money.

Additionally lots of criminals are caught using the ATM tapes. To answer an earlier question, at least for my bank, no one ever looks at the tapes unless requested too.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think its all wrong if you went up to a high ranking perosn in any place and took pictures of them they would not let you or there body guards with stop you why can they take pictures of us and use them against us?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i learnt not to pick your nose around them

new topics

top topics

join