It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my Mama today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Losing a Parent is gut wrenching. I lost both my Parents and know how you feel Sweetheart. I know your Parents are happy to be together again. I took comfort in knowing that my Parents were finally together again after many years. It's not really goodbye, it's until we meet again.
I wish you strength and much love in this dark time. Prayers and a warm hug.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I’m so sorry for your loss Jag.

I know it’s not NEARLY the same, but I feel as though I’m losing my mother too.
Except she’s moving out of town, an 18 hrs drive away.
She’s moving down south to be closer to her mother, my grandma, who’s 84 now. She had a stroke last summer and now needs help around the house and her garden.
I’ve always been close to my mom.
Today’s my birthday.
After work today I went and spent some time with her. Helped her pack a few things and just talked with her.
I’m really gonna miss her.
Again, I know it’s not the same, but it feels like it because I don’t know when I’ll see her again.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh my goodness. How sad I am for you Jag. My deepest condolences. I’m very sorry for your loss. My prayers go up for you during this difficult time 😢

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I am sorry for your loss. Losing one parent is awful enough, little alone losing both of them in a short space of time.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Jags, I am so very, very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear mom. I am not good with words at times like these, other than to say I understand some of how you feel, as I lost both my parents to cancer as well.

The story you tell is so relatable to what happened with my mom and dad! would be very intrigued to hear about the paranormal story when you feel up to it.

But again, and most importantly, so sorry about your mom and if you need to talk or anything at all, please don't hesitate to message me. I have walked that path and would be honored to listen. Take care

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I’m so sorry for your loss Jag.

I know it’s not NEARLY the same, but I feel as though I’m losing my mother too.
Except she’s moving out of town, an 18 hrs drive away.
She’s moving down south to be closer to her mother, my grandma, who’s 84 now. She had a stroke last summer and now needs help around the house and her garden.
I’ve always been close to my mom.
Today’s my birthday.
After work today I went and spent some time with her. Helped her pack a few things and just talked with her.
I’m really gonna miss her.
Again, I know it’s not the same, but it feels like it because I don’t know when I’ll see her again.

When we are good friends with our mother, it is always hard when we can't be together any more.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I’ve got to say that my thoughts and prayers are with my friend. Sending you hugs and love.

I totally Get it.
When you lose the last parent be prepared to struggle
And go through some life altering experiences.
I lost my Dad first in 2002 and that was devastating
Then Mom in 2008 and at that time
I lost myself.

If you ever need a chat, I’m here to listen
Or whatever.

Peace be with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Bless your heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm going to see my Mom this weekend. She is 90 and I know she won't live forever. But I can't imagine her not being here. She's always been. I lost my dad when I was 15. I learned then to not take people for granted. You never know from one second to the next if you will see them again in this life.

I love you all and pray you stay safe and healthy. JAGStorm, a special prayer for you tonight. Your Mom is still alive within you, in that part of you that communed with her all of your life. The words she spoke, the way she did things, her laugh, her sayings, the way she hugged you. It hurts right now, but over time the hurt will be overcome by the happy memories.

I hope you feel the love from your ATS family. We're here for you, and we'll help you carry the heavy load. Just ask.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Some of the words spoken here are deeper and more meaningful and real, than people in my normal life, friends I’ve known for decades.

I think in our society of political correctness, we’ve lost some of our humanity. Maybe people are scared to really
Show their real emotions in a public way.
Maybe the anonymity of this site allows people to be their real self. I know I’ve felt it too.
Isn’t that weird? How odd that of all places in this dark time in my life I have found the most comforting words on ATS of all places! Maybe it just means the people on here are of a different caliber too.
Either way, I love you all.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I’m so sorry for your loss. Just know you’re in all of our thoughts.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   

So sorry to hear of your loss, JAG.

Deepest condolences to you and your family.

May your Mama rest in peace.

P.S. I wish my parents were still around so I could give them both a big hug, but alas, they have both passed as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

so sorry for your loss. I do believe that the mind can control some aspects of cancer, as when someone looses the will to fight, it's usually shortly after they pass. But She wanted to be with her husband it sounds like. Now she is.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So very sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and closeness with the Lord during this time.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm so sorry Jag. I'd give you a big hug if I could!
I know I have precious little time left with my mom right now, thanks to Parkinson and dementia.
The worst is how frustrated she gets with her condition.
I don't want to lose her, but I don't want her to suffer either.

May the pain lessen, and the memories only bring you joy.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

💙 I’m so sorry Jag! God Bless your family 💙

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I can feel through your words the sorrow and the wisdom your are experiencing. I believe you will see them again; when it is your time to depart this earth, the love never stops it is eternal.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Im truly sorry for your loss. Stay close to those you care for, they will bring strength.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I,m so sorry to hear about your loss of a loved one. Words on a webpage can't express how you must be feeling at this time.
I lost a parent when I was 23, they were 39 and it was heart breaking and soul crushing. My thoughts go out to you, your family and friends, take care of each other.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

My sincere condolences stranger/ fellow ATS'er.

As hard as it may seem to believe, you are facing an opportunity of growth and strengthening right now. Which a lot of growth and strength is usually found in grief, pain and sorrow.

Embrace the grief and its process. It will pass. I assure you, time heals all.

I agree as well, we never know what others are going through or have been through. Being trauma informed as to how we approach each other can help build relationships, communication and compassion for one another.

I'm lucky that I still have my parents around...yet they, and the rest of my family are so far away that it is hard to see them through all of this pandemic BS.

It certainly is the hard times we go through who shows us who we should keep alongside and those who we should not. Trust your gut.

I hope you find peace and calm in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Under normal circumstances, I'd read your thoughts, ponder briefly and then move on. However, today, your story has moved me to the point where I must offer my condolences and wish you godspeed in your recovery from this devastating loss.

Rest well knowing that you provided comfort in a comfortless time.

Rest well knowing that your parents have reunited and are dancing their best dance.

Rest well knowing that you have gained perspective that others have yet to gain.

Rest well knowing that you will overcome this sense of loss.

Finally, rest well knowing that you will all be together again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join