It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space agency for the PEOPLE.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't buy into the NASA conspiracy theories. The only secrets kept by NASA in my opionion are it's joint classified missions with the military.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well then this would be difficult to debate. I believe that a lot more was discovered when we went to the moon (and we did, that was no fake.) then we are being told. A ton of other stuff has been seen in space, and they are hiding that information from us. That is almost factual.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
A ton of other stuff has been seen in space, and they are hiding that information from us. That is almost factual.

Care to show your facts?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Give me some time, I will see what i can do as far as getting links that i can post on here for ya'll. Thats the best i can do online.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I look forward to it. Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just go there pal. This was a thread discussing the issue a little while back. There are many links, and lots of information provided.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
One thing that isn't considered with this is that any vehicle re-entering the atmosphere is coming in very hot, speed wise. It is doing something like 11 times the speed of sound (Mach 11) and therefore woud be breaking the sound barrier over land. To do this (break the sound barrier over land) requires special permission from the government and a lot of red tape...meaning this Civilian Space Orginazation could be shot down on day one.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
lol. As long as they are aware of our presence, i dont think they would do that. Dont you agree? I wouldnt want to keep it any kind of secret... NASA and the military would be fully aware of its existance. And know when we are coming and going...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow. There are some real good links on that thread, especially the first one.

I don't for a minute believe it, and won't, if only because what little evidence they give is along the lines of "Isn't it weird...?" I will, however, read them out of pure interest, if only because I've never seen these people this well organized.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
First off, no one controls space. I am pretty sure there are international treties saying such.

Secondly, Richard Branson is not just "some guy who owns virgin mobile". he owns a chain of companies under the virgin brand, employing tens of thousands around the globe, raking in a fortune. Including an Airline, Music label, Radio Stations, mobile network, retail chain stores....this guy is the living body of entrepaneur (if a bit egotistical), and he has dyslexia too.

He plans to use Virgin galactic to benefit everyone. It will not make a profit, as any money it makes above cost will be funneled back into R&D.

As soon as one company goes to space and shows it can make money (or not lose any), then the others will follow, for fear of being left behind. 20 years from now, private space travel will be bigger than many Government projects (apart from the very largest cash cows) and will have the money to change things.

And contrary to popular belief, US agencies don't control the world. If NASA, the FAA or anyone in your "great" country turned round and tried to stop any of this, not alot of people are going to listen, as they will (probably rightly too) suspect you of trying to keep it for yourself.

More and more countries and alliances are going up into space, take India for example, being backed by ESA to go to the moon, China going to space, Malaysia is even looking at going up... Along side the successful booster market which Europe has nearly sewn up, NASA is getting sidelined and being forced into co-operative projects due to budget cuts.

Try reading up on it before passing judgement:

Virgin Galactic
Indian Moon Mission
Europe tells US: 'Come to Europa'
Malaysians in space!

Human kind is going into space, with or without America, and just try and stop them!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
First off, no one controls space. I am pretty sure there are international treties saying such.

Yes, yes there is. It's one of the only two treaties (sic?) that the entire UN signed.

and he has dyslexia too.

Didn't know that. But, man, he's amazing. Great guy, too.

More and more countries and alliances are going up into space, take India for example, being backed by ESA to go to the moon, China going to space, Malaysia is even looking at going up... Along side the successful booster market which Europe has nearly sewn up, NASA is getting sidelined and being forced into co-operative projects due to budget cuts.

Of course. But agencies everywhere don't like competition. We're talking about public projects here, like Virgin (who isn't going to the moon anytime soon). Nobody likes another group moving in on their niche. They're lucky, however, that any enterprise would be used mostly for tourism, and the others (NASA, ESA, China, etc.) would be research and the like.

Human kind is going into space, with or without America, and just try and stop them!

Mankind already has, and been to the moon. With America.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Mankind already has, and been to the moon. With America.

Yeah, i know, and you can't deny the great work that has been done so far. But with the upcoming national and regional agencies co-operating, and the birth of private space initiatives, we will be going for it big time soon enough.

All it takes is for one bloke to show that there is money to be made, and before you know it, we'll have a McDonalds and a Walmart on the moon!!!
(although, not all together a good thing!)

Branson has promised to fund further research into building bigger and better spacecraft, and eventually, this may well lead to high, sustained orbital flights and you never know, perhaps Lunar Fly-bys!

One day, we may well have outposts on the moon, this being the plan for many national space agencies (I don't forsee it being long before there are several bases on the moon)

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Absolutely. Although I don't think private enterprises can do it alone. I've said it for years, but if everyone would work together, actually WORK, and try to do something fantastic like that, we could do it easy. Take a few decades, but it'd be worth it.

No matter how great Branson is, he ain't gettin to the moon by himself (the aliens would get him
)

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Absolutely. Although I don't think private enterprises can do it alone. I've said it for years, but if everyone would work together, actually WORK, and try to do something fantastic like that, we could do it easy. Take a few decades, but it'd be worth it.

No matter how great Branson is, he ain't gettin to the moon by himself (the aliens would get him )

Yeah, if only! We all know what our respective governments are like, and the chances of China, The US, EU and Russia all getting round the same table and agreeing on something....well, there is a better chance of Bush jumping into bed with a homosexual abortionist and doing the reverse tango!

But, we can live in hope that some will get together one day, and get us off this little rock......dreams like a little schoolboy...............

And Branson is ok, I don't think he is the be all and end all, but he has the balls to give it bloody good go!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They will try to stop you. That's my point. US dominance of space will not be given up. It won't be NASA, but one of their military partners using a single lone-nut as has been done many times before. The event would look like an accident, get it?

The administrators who run America would surely see any sizeable NASA-rival as a threat to US hegemony in space. I don't think I am alone in this viewpoint. It seems fairly obvious to me, despite the rosy visions. The ongoing problem of war must be solved before space exploration will happen in any globally concerted way. Until that time, the strongest war-making nation (USA) will control space.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I still dont believe we will ever be able to get far in space if we dont come together and work on it as an entire earth. Instead of just GB, and America, And India... Its needs to be a global effort.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
I still dont believe we will ever be able to get far in space if we dont come together and work on it as an entire earth. Instead of just GB, and America, And India... Its needs to be a global effort.

Slightly ironic. In order to get off the planet we need the entire planet. Deep, very deep.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well, maybe it's time we did join together for once. What are we gaining out of keeping it to ourselves? It's stupid the way scientists compete to figure something out before another one does, science isn't a freaking sport.

Nasa would love to control all of space. It isn't fair that they do so, but fairness has never crossed the minds of them. But, as impossible as it may seem, earning grants and approvals from many different countries will definently help this "company" to be something that can actually do what Nasa is doing, or better yet, even more. So, you and i will be unable to do this, but that doesn't mean people with a little more money(ok...a lot), can gain the attention of countries looking towards the stars. It will obviously take more than one person to start this program. Some may even have to come straight from Nasa(that would be nice!).

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOriginalThought
Well, maybe it's time we did join together for once. What are we gaining out of keeping it to ourselves? It's stupid the way scientists compete to figure something out before another one does, science isn't a freaking sport.

One of the things I like best about science is that it's the only arena where fiercly competing groups are perfectly nice to each other, and will often times help one another in their endeavors. It is also pretty much the only place where people admit they are wrong.

If we managed to do it through SCIENCE, we'd have no problem. Science has no limits on people, it has no judgment. POLITICS, however, will kill such a project.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

If we managed to do it through SCIENCE, we'd have no problem. Science has no limits on people, it has no judgment. POLITICS, however, will kill such a project.

Maybe then, Scientists should come up with a way to eradicate the plague of politicians that has swept our planet....

Can live in hope anyway............

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join