It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Who Won This War On Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

To put it bluntly the winner at this point is Iran and the Shi'tes.

Are you sure?

There's a lot going on Iran at present - where isn't there? - I don't think either the Iranian government or the Iranian people believe that they are the 'winners' at present.

While America and the Sunnis, both Arabs and varied peoples of Afghanistan but largely Pathans have been battling it out, Iran has been taking over a large part of the Middle East.

Where about in the Middle East?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

So Who Won This War On Terrorism

Follow the money...

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Link to the official announcement that the war on terror is over.

Thx.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My Guess is Saudi Arabia won...

My second Guess is the TSA won...

My Third Guess Americans Lost!

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

You're right, when Osama Bin Laden destroyed the twin towers and killed thousands of people we should have just let him get away with it.

So where were the hijackers from again? Bin Laden land? I haven't forgotten have you?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I never had a problem with pursuing Bin Laden into Afghanistan and degrading Al-Qaeda's operational capability there. Our mistake, IMHO, was remaining there after dislodging Bin Laden, and making a go at nation building.

The invasion of Iraq was a catastrophic waste of lives and resources, and in my view, was only tangentially and nominally related to the "war on terror".

Meanwhile, no actions were taken against Saudi Arabia, where almost all of the 9/11 attackers and the lion's share of material support originated from.

The "war on terror" is seeming more and more, in retrospect, like an engineered, orchestrated script for US foreign policy.

By the way, where have all of the Islamic extremists gone? It's almost like the terrorism spigot from the M.E. has been turned off? The terrorism narrative was, far and away, the major US foreign policy focus for the first 10-15 years of the 21st century, but it's like that plot line has been completely written out of the story. Is it the case that the US' image in the M.E. has improved such that we're no longer a target, and could it be that the supply of suicide bombers and extremists has run dry? No ###ing way.

This is why it seems more and more like the "war on terror" was manufactured, because, Islamic terror as a US foreign policy concern has completely evaporated, but the M.E. has not really stabilized, nor have any of the key issues (Israel vs Palestinians, US vs Iran) been resolved.

The "war on terror" gambit seems to have been consciously discarded for other plot devices....

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MiaBandetoh

Drugs won. They had their own war but won this one too. Heroin was down to $10 a hit in many cities.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I agree the Saudis did it. My point is that whoever is responsible for any terrorist attacks we should go after them, foreign or domestic.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh

You're right, when Osama Bin Laden destroyed the twin towers and killed thousands of people we should have just let him get away with it.

So where were the hijackers from again? Bin Laden land? I haven't forgotten have you?

Read my post above this one.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

How many iraqi and Afghanistan civilians were killed or injured due to the U.S.?

Did all those people deserve the wrath of the u.s. military because of one man?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

And how is it a "war on terror " if we go around terrorizing civilians?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most soldiers throughout history think they are fighting for honor and country....

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

''It doesn't matter WHO did it''' the only thing that matters at this point is ''Who is going to take advantage of it.

It certainly matters who did it unless you want to lay down like a coward and do nothing about it.

The assholes on our side that take advantage of the situation for greed should also be dealt with but that's a different situation.

If two robbers are in your house and one is raping your wife do you not try and stop him just because the other guy is stealing your cash?

Of course it matters. Especially for people who can only think of revenge. The point of that statement though was that it was such a dramatic event, a singularity in a way, that the ''game changing nature' of that event could and would be used as a catalyst for those who could capture the public's consciousness. That was the outcome. The neo-cons forced their false narrative and sucked us into that war on terror that this tread is about.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The USA's "war on terror" cannot end so long as Anti-America terrorists are in charge of TV Networks CNN and MSNBC.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most soldiers throughout history think they are fighting for honor and country....

And we still do.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

You mean Dick Cheney whilst in charge of air control correct? Those buildings going down without thermite charges would be very unlikely. Really, 2 planes causing controlled demolition level destruction lol.... Please.

Bin Laden was a patsy at best, terrorist at worse, probably a mix of both.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Well according to the Biden white house we lost.

In terms of plans for the end — for our men and women coming back, I don’t have anything to preview, but we don’t — we’re not going to have a “Mission Accomplished” moment in this regard. It’s a 20-year war that has not been won militarily.

www.whitehouse.gov...

So i guess not much more needs to be said on the war on terror.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

How many iraqi and Afghanistan civilians were killed or injured due to the U.S.?

Did all those people deserve the wrath of the u.s. military because of one man?

Life isn't fair.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Scratch beneath the surface and its pretty clear that the winners are the biggest sponsors, supporters and exporters of Islamic extremism - the Wahhabi's of Saudi Arabia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join