It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chinese Rocket Is Wildly Careening Toward Earth This Weekend

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Encia22

If this were to be my last post on here, know that I love you all, even those I don't.
a reply to: Encia22

If it hits you, I wish it gets you with a cup of wine in your hand.

Just go down Roman style.

Cheers, same to you!

I've got the wine, just need to roll some more cigarettes and I'm good to go!

In bocca al lupo!

Crepi il lupo 😄🤙

I haven't smoked for so many years. I have a cigar waiting for the fat lady song.

I love a good cigar! Oh, and I'm not wearing a blindfold... I'll take it like a man. I just need to figure out what to have as a last meal. Until then, the fat lady will just have to wait!

I'll have tortelloni (leftover from yesterday)

Better than wonton anyway.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Its big. Almost as big as the falcon heavy and could do some real damage. a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is a lifting stage of a rocket. It does not contain any experiments, instruments, or power supplies that would be radioactive. It is not technically a spacecraft. Just a throw away lifting rocket.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

1969: five sailors on a Japanese ship were injured when space debris from what was believed to be a Soviet spacecraft struck the deck of their boat.

Yeah but that one was Russian, so evil.

This one is Chinese, just an innocent harmless little thing.

Ask Joe if you don't believe me.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not to be that dude, but the chinese pride their world dominance of being able to out math every species on the planet.

I find it odd they didn't know where it's coming down or had a good idea before the launch.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

We only have the Colonel Sanders Chicken. They got General Tso's.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
This is a lifting stage of a rocket. It does not contain any experiments, instruments, or power supplies that would be radioactive. It is not technically a spacecraft. Just a throw away lifting rocket.

That doesn't make it less dangerous. What if it hits a forest and burn it all. Something like Tunguska.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It is like skipping a stone on a pond. Do you know how many skips a stone will make when you throw it?

Too many random variables for an accurate estimate. How hot is the atmosphere, what is the weather doing where it enters, how smooth was the paint put on the skin of the rocket, how fast and what direction is it tumbeling?

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hmmm.....
I heard they were great at subtraction by gender....

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Not to be that dude, but the chinese pride their world dominance of being able to out math every species on the planet.

I find it odd they didn't know where it's coming down or had a good idea before the launch.

What 'beyondknowledge' said in the previous post↑↑, and also: They just don't care.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
Nothing like Tunguska. It is only several tones of metal. Tonguska was probably a comet that blew up before impact with the force so powerful that the sound traveled around the planet several times. You are comparing a 22 caliber gunshot to an atomic bomb. If you are standing in the wrong spot, the 22 can be just as deadly but for less people.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman
Nothing like Tunguska. It is only several tones of metal. Tonguska was probably a comet that blew up before impact with the force so powerful that the sound traveled around the planet several times. You are comparing a 22 caliber gunshot to an atomic bomb. If you are standing in the wrong spot, the 22 can be just as deadly but for less people.

All you need is a spark. This can make a big spark.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Doesn't it pick up background radiation from it's very presence in space? Would those levels be dangerous to anyone who handles the fallen debris?

Ebay buyers want to know exactly what they're getting.

edit on 8-5-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No radiation, no deal.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No radiation, no deal.

Get it while it's hot! The longer the auction goes on, the less it glows.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What it is exposed to in low orbit is mostly electromagnetic and not ionizing radiation. It does not make anything radioactive. If you stand outside in the sunlight, you are being exposed to electromagnetic radiation from the biggest fusion reactor in the solar system. Do you glow in the dark after that?

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What it is exposed to in low orbit is mostly electromagnetic and not ionizing radiation. It does not make anything radioactive. If you stand outside in the sunlight, you are being exposed to electromagnetic radiation from the biggest fusion reactor in the solar system. Do you glow in the dark after that?

I agree..there was that time though, a Soviet satellite, with a little reactor crashed into Canada. It spread material over 600km. I think they recovered maybe 20-30% of it.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Something new has been added. This video channel now has a countdown timer to splat.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not much of a sunbather. My glowing tends to be more alcohol induced.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
With the current estimate of roughly 3.5 hours until splat and the orbit of roughly 1.5 hours that is 2 and 1/3 orbits. That will put it down somewhere in the South Pacific. That is if nothing changes the predicted time.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join