It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chinese Rocket Is Wildly Careening Toward Earth This Weekend

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltdan08
a reply to: LSU2018

Not fair! I want it to fall on our witch (see above).

Maybe it will split in half 😂

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I guess I'm getting used to knowing that crap keeps falling out of the sky... I see stories like this, read them, and move on. But one thing does make me want to keep an eye on this one.

I've seen the calculation algorithms that are used to track objects like this. Yes, they have inaccuracies. Yes, there are a ton of variables that are shifting non-linearly. Yes, the atmosphere is chaotic. But... not having an idea where this thing will land is a load of hockey-doodle. Right now, NASA and the DoD are watching every move this thing makes, updating projections in real time, and analyzing the results of their work a dozen ways from Sunday. They may not be able to give a street address where it will come down timed to the second, but they have an idea.

The media, based on their previous treatment of China, would likely be praising them for their diligence if it were probably going to hit in the ocean. That tells me there is substantial probability that it will hit over land, and that everyone in the know is watching and hoping they are wrong. Maybe they are; there are inaccuracies in the measurements and calculations, as I mentioned. I have said before, "Statistics is math for people who can't get the right answer." Well, no one can get the right answer this time, so it all boils down to statistical probability.

Redneck is gonna keep an eye on this for now. 70% chance it will be aimed at a school of fish somewhere, but the silence is deafening me. Maybe I'm just too cynical.

OK, two things: I wasn't aware how close the Chinese were to building a space station. That in itself poses some interesting possibilities of a prophetic nature. I wonder how they will power it...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I wonder how much how much will cost a piece of this this on eBay.

Is it ok to keep it ??

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes. For the reasons you mentioned, also believe it's a good chance it will hit someone's land.

Secretary of Defense said they won't shoot it. Maybe the plan is let it go and sanction China.

I also think if we fix this, China has to pay for it.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Is it ok to keep it ??

Here in Italy it is not being underestimated. The Protezione Civile and other important agencies have warned it could hit any of ten Italian regions (including where I am). The ETA is 2:24 am GMT +1, but they add that because of the continuing changes of trajectory, the window becomes +/- 6 hours... Great!

In any case, they say to stay indoors, preferably in the lower floors of buildings as debris could perforate rooftops.

In case anyone were to find debris they say not to touch anything, keep a "social" distance of 20m from it and call the Authorities. F that, I'm keeping whatever I find.

If this were to be my last post on here, know that I love you all, even those I don't.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Here's my prediction...

Impact location will be 2,000 miles NNW of Hawaii, 2,000 miles E of Tokyo and 2,270 miles SW of Anchorage. (North Pacific Ocean)

Note: Hey Phage, you might want to put your helmet on, I could be off by a couple thousand miles!

Any chance it could hit the Fukushima plant in Japan?

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Altitude is currently 75 miles.

4.5 orbits to go before full deorbit and Earth impact. Est. time of impact 4 hours 45 minutes, or 5:15pm (eastern), 3:15pm (mountain).

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Its 2021 I think the odds are very good. a reply to: texasgirl

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Is it ok to keep it ??

I wouldn’t. When the space shuttle Columbia broke apart over Texas a few ignored warnings not to take the pieces and got arrested.

Soooo...Not a good idea. 🙁

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If this were to be my last post on here, know that I love you all, even those I don't.
a reply to: Encia22

If it hits you, I wish it gets you with a cup of wine in your hand.

Just go down Roman style.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Cheers, same to you!

I've got the wine, just need to roll some more cigarettes and I'm good to go!

In bocca al lupo!

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Is it ok to keep it ??

I wouldn’t. When the space shuttle Columbia broke apart over Texas a few ignored warnings not to take the pieces and got arrested.

Soooo...Not a good idea. 🙁

I ain't see no rocket officer. That thing on my yard is for moonshine. Got it from Amazon, see those Chinese letters.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Cheers, same to you!

In bocca al lupo!

Crepi il lupo 😄🤙

I haven't smoked for so many years. I have a cigar waiting for the fat lady song.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The space shuttle was NASA property. The Chinese rocket is not.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Anybody heard Greta crying ?

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Cheers, same to you!

In bocca al lupo!

Crepi il lupo 😄🤙

I haven't smoked for so many years. I have a cigar waiting for the fat lady song.

I love a good cigar! Oh, and I'm not wearing a blindfold... I'll take it like a man. I just need to figure out what to have as a last meal. Until then, the fat lady will just have to wait!

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Good point.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Trueman

It's an uncontrolled reentry so there's no telling where it could hit , most likely it'll be over water but any of us could be in it's path , chances are it will burn up in the atmosphere though.

This was yesterday's trajectory but who knows.

Sooo 😆 this?

Anywhere along the red line. Doubt anything will be big enough for damage after reentry.

I'm here wishing for clear skies tonight so I can see NASA launch a rocket from Wallops island tonight.
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Try to overlay the sea oil drilling places on the red line of your map. Don't tell those guys working there.

I'm gonna say that was a very weird coincident www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Good point.

Perhaps it's more to do with a risk of radiation poisoning. I did a quick search, but couldn't find any relevant data.

However, here's a bit of trivia from Wikipedia:

1969: five sailors on a Japanese ship were injured when space debris from what was believed to be a Soviet spacecraft struck the deck of their boat.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Hoping it will hit the ocean is not very reassuring for ships, sailors or oil rigs!

edit on 8-5-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
100 tons! From space!? Well aren't we lucky the timing has it that nobody need be crushed, we have our masks which keep us safe even from never before seen symptom free viruses the government just knows is there though, imagine how safe it would keep us if thrown a mere hundred ton missile from space! Only if we ALL wear them and wear them properly tho.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join