It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$DOGE is now available on the eToro platform, does that legitimize it a little bit or is it smoke

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
$DOGE is now available on the eToro platform, does that legitimize it a little bit or is it smoke? Im a complete novice just want some of our Cryptocurrency veterans' thoughts?

Seems to me this is smoke or they are just having too many questions about it, or it's just an experiment. But it's now on eToro and I thought they were very particular about what they added on Crypto.

$DOGE is now available on the eToro platform 🎈🐶🐾

What is Dogecoin (DOGE)?

Dogecoin (DOGE) is an open-source digital currency created by Billy Markus from Portland, Oregon and Jackson Palmer from Sydney, Australia. It forked from $LTC in December 2013.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It may continue to go higher.... But there's 113 billion doge coins. The market cap is around 60 billion right now.

To put that in perspective, Ford has a market cap of 50b right now.

So for doge to get 100% increase from where it's at now, it would be worth more than double Ford, which actually makes tangible products people buy and use.

There are some crypto out there with utility, but doge was created as a meme. I'd be incredibly surprised if it stays relevant and close to the current price. Not to say it can't happen though, I've been surprised most of my life 😉 lol

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Only thing I know is that first they said it'll never hit 1 cent. Then they said it'll never hit 10 cents. Now they're saying it will drop to worthless.

I just hold it. If this 500 percent return should go to zero I wouldnt care. But I would never forgive myself if it keeps going and I sold.

I dont want to be Greg in 10 years.

edit on 3-5-2021 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I hear you, but as one person said, only an idiot would invest in DOGE and the world is chock full of idiots.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Just leave someone else holding the bag and enjoy the pump and dump, or hold fast and cross your fingers.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Only thing I know is that first they said it'll never hit 1 cent. Then they said it'll never hit 10 cents. Now they're saying it will drop to worthless.

I just hold it. If this 500 percent return should go to zero I wouldnt care. But I would never forgive myself if it keeps going and I sold.

I dont want to be Greg in 10 years.

LOL, I understand that sentiment, I bought in just for the hell of it, and I'll hold till hell freezes over, or it's at an obscene profit.

I don't have much in total but everything else is very conservative buys except DOGE...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I have some DOGE too. Like you said, there are more conservative buys.

This meme coin tickles the gambler in me though, haha.

Here's hoping!

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Hoping and Holding On For Now...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Everyone I know that owns it swears it’s going to $1. One of my friends bought a ton of it when it only cost .003...craziness! Who knows, might go to $100 and have a market cap of 1 quadrillion. Crypto is crazy, just invest what you’re willing to lose is what I say. Tomorrow they could just die out or explode to new highs.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Just leave someone else holding the bag and enjoy the pump and dump, or hold fast and cross your fingers.

Well, here the perspective I have. Years ago decades now I invested in a little tech company, I loved their products and the share price was minuscule so I bought 100 shares, had friends that laughed at me for buying it. It dropped like a lead balloon the CEO quit, they were hemorrhaging after holding for almost 2 years. Then on a hot tip, I sold my shares and put the money into a solid tech company. But I had 100 shares of this stock pre mp3 and digital music and Itunes and Ipods and Iphones and pre the return of Steve Jobs.

Literally, I sold it at a loss and then everything burst when the tech bubble bit the dust. True story and I HATE myself for it sometimes.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Elon Musk, apparently, has something to say this week about Doge.

www.forbes.com... 3f8038042a8a

Not sure what to think, but thought I'd share.

ETA: Correction, this Saturday the 8th. On SNL.

edit on 5-3-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Pop quiz: how many dodge are minted daily??

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've managed to get a little over 200 doge over the last month or so without spending any money or using any of my personal info.

I've been bored waiting to go back to work.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Pop quiz: how many dodge are minted daily??

Found this on Reddit, not sure of the legitimacy, however

As a complete novice, what's the significance? Is there too much being mined for its value?

5 bil per year. That means aprox. 13,698,630 coins per day. There are 1,440 mins in a day:

13,698,630 divided by 1,440 is 9,512 coins per minute.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I bought $50 worth of Doge a few months back when it was about .02 per coin just for fun. Turns out it's the single greatest investment I've ever made, it's like hitting the jackpot on nickel slots! I'm not getting rich, but it sure is fun!

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
it wont be used as a currency ever in my opinion. It is basically digital fiat.

put your money in a good project. LTC is going to blow minds in my opinion.

there are atms all over the world, venmo and paypal just jumped on board, it's basically bitcoin but faster. It's never been hacked and has been running non stop since they created it.

Doge might do good but there's no way it will make it past 2 dollars, it will be lucky to make it to one dollar.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm holding onto 3885 Shares, and I used money I could afford to lose. Things are looking good now, and if Musk actually throws some love on SNL on the 8th, it could shoot up.

Either way, I've got Diamond hands until I retire off of it.
edit on 3-5-2021 by Tekaran because: Spelling

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
it wont be used as a currency ever in my opinion. It is basically digital fiat.

put your money in a good project. LTC is going to blow minds in my opinion.

there are atms all over the world, venmo and paypal just jumped on board, it's basically bitcoin but faster. It's never been hacked and has been running non stop since they created it.

Doge might do good but there's no way it will make it past 2 dollars, it will be lucky to make it to one dollar.

Yep, I got some LTC too, right now just in the accumulation mode on it and other more solid options.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
I'm holding onto 3885 Shares, and I used money I could afford to lose. Things are looking good now, and if Musk actually throws some love on SNL on the 8th, it could shoot up.

Either way, I've got Diamond hands until I retire off of it.

That's where I am at too, I'm putting the money I used to spend on tobacco and other crap.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Greetings, my opinion about DOGE has not changed and won't change in the near future. TA agrees with me on every level I tried.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join