It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 - Strange

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I'm fairly certain I recall from one of the random TV Documentary Shows I've seen about the Moon Landing, that they specifically mentioned all of the guys spending a few days in a remote desert area, just learning everything they could about the cameras.

NASA converted a desert area in northern Arizona into a training ground, complete with craters (created by explosives) for astronauts to walk around and practice using their camera and tools to collect samples

Astronauts were also taken to remote lava fields and other badlands to practice for upcoming missions by walking and collecting samples

Geologist Gene Shoemaker was one of their trainers to help them practice for their missions

One of the principle tasks of the Apollo missions was mapping the moon. Thousands of pictures were taken on each mission

One of the tasks for the command module pilot as he orbited the moon waiting for the landing crew to return was to take pictures
edit on 29-4-2021 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Michael Collins was the proverbial "Rocketman"

At least Aldrin and Armstrong had each other for company/support. Collins was all alone up there for a few hours.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

One thing I found really odd was a press conference an Apollo crew had after returning, not sure which one.

It was so sad and somber, like they were giving eulogies at a funeral. I don't think one of them smiled once. I don't want to even debate if it was real or not and yadda yadda. But the energy in that press conference was just weird.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Michael Collins was the proverbial "Rocketman"

At least Aldrin and Armstrong had each other for company/support. Collins was all alone up there for a few hours.

This is probably what you were referring to, but I'm gonna say it anyways....

Especially during the time he was orbiting on the far side of the Moon. Absolutely no communication with anyone or anything. No radio contact at all. No plant-life of any kind. Also, he couldn't even see the Moon. All he had was complete darkness and faraway stars. You can't actually be any more alone than that. It really is a pretty crazy thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

NASA converted a desert area in northern Arizona into a training ground, complete with craters (created by explosives) for astronauts to walk around and practice using their camera and tools to collect samples

This↓ video doesn't have anything to do with the cameras, but I thought it was interesting. He talks about the Apollo 11 astronauts training in the crater at a nuclear test site.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Well ya it was 1969. How else would they film it? Using 4k cameras on moving roller coaster and attached to drones? Then straight to DVD and Blu ray? Or just download it on the go so anybody watching can download to watch it latter.

The dispute isnt that they filmed it. Off course they filmed it. Using film.

The dispute is? Is it real? Or just a fancy set, in warehouse somewhere in Hollywood sometime in 1969?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

It's real. The details even in the 16mm footage match exactly with what modern probes show, including those from Japan, China and India. Images taken before the landings do not ahow those details.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
We absolutely went to the moon.

Our satellites in space have amazing cameras. Many of you have probably heard they can read a license plate from space. They can. They can actually do far better than that.

Every once in a while someone will point one of our sat cameras outward, including to the moon.

The images clearly show irrefutable evidence of our presence there.

#truth

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Cheers for that!

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

One thing I found really odd was a press conference an Apollo crew had after returning, not sure which one.

It was so sad and somber, like they were giving eulogies at a funeral. I don't think one of them smiled once. I don't want to even debate if it was real or not and yadda yadda. But the energy in that press conference was just weird.

I vaguely remember seeing that a few years ago. Might be similar to when a vacation is over and it’s back to the same grind, type depression. Don’t know, doesn’t matter it’s history.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Like I said. Real is a matter of opinion now a days it seems.

Either way not like it matters. If or not they went to the moon in 1969. Is beyond pointless. I even think kids now a days barely even know or think about the freaking moon landing. If I were to ask my sisters kids. They wouldn't care or bother. So much bull# in this world. Its like why even bother with it.

But! Hey. Once Space X, gets more rockets in orbit without blowing up. One day, they may even make it to the moon. They will need to, if they want to make it to Mars. Till then. Its all just yada yada bla bla bla.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

They smiled quite a few times

They were three guys, just out of quarantine, literally under a spotlight in front of a big audience doing something that was not their natural forte. You should see the pre-flight conference, they're even less happy!

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Like I said. Real is a matter of opinion now a days it seems.

Except when it's provable fact, which the landings are.

Either way not like it matters. If or not they went to the moon in 1969. Is beyond pointless. I even think kids now a days barely even know or think about the freaking moon landing. If I were to ask my sisters kids. They wouldn't care or bother. So much bull# in this world. Its like why even bother with it.

Why would they? It's stuff their grandparents go on about. A mission today, however, would generate interest and they would care about it. What matters is people making claims that are false, like "the landings were faked". Allowing lies like that to go unchallenged matters a lot.

But! Hey. Once Space X, gets more rockets in orbit without blowing up. One day, they may even make it to the moon. They will need to, if they want to make it to Mars. Till then. Its all just yada yada bla bla bla.

Pretty much all of SpaceX's rockets make it to orbit. The one that keeps going bang is the Starliner, which is very much in its protoype stage.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I dont think you understand how little people today care about the moon landing. And no, most kids aren't interested in the Moon landing. And yes. If I showed my nieces the moon landing they would think its some sort of crappy 70s movie, and would prefer a 2001 a space odyssey.

Pretty sure most of them sleep through the whole moon landing part in school.

If they even teach it now a days. Probably to busy teaching them how to wear masks.

And then they would go back to there life and forget about it.

You seem to be in these moon threads a lot. But like I said. Yada, yada, yada. We will see when they go to the moon, or Mars. If its real or fake if a whole generations lived a truth or just a lie, which most of them will see the grave before they even realize it?

Or its all real and all that jive. All of it? Quite literally doesn't matter one iota this point. I don't care. And I think a lot of people don't care. Not that if you asked most of them when the moon landing happened. They probably couldnt tell you the date it happened.

Even with a cellphone in there pocket at the convenience.

So lets see when Space X, or NASA or any of them make it to the moon. Space X is pretty much have to make it to the moon, if you want to get to Mars.

Those dinkleweeds. Missing a few steps in there arduous journey list. But lets just say. I dont think anybody is going to the moon any time soon, much less Mars.

Or you know? ..Whatever.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
I dont think you understand how little people today care about the moon landing. And no, most kids aren't interested in the Moon landing. And yes. If I showed my nieces the moon landing they would think its some sort of crappy 70s movie, and would prefer a 2001 a space odyssey.

Pretty sure most of them sleep through the whole moon landing part in school.

If they even teach it now a days. Probably to busy teaching them how to wear masks.

And then they would go back to there life and forget about it.

And?

You seem to be in these moon threads a lot.

It's a hobby. Someone has to do it. You can either see something suspicious in that or just accept that not everyone cares as little about the subject as you claim you do.

But like I said. Yada, yada, yada. We will see when they go to the moon, or Mars. If its real or fake if a whole generations lived a truth or just a lie, which most of them will see the grave before they even realize it?

Or its all real and all that jive. All of it? Quite literally doesn't matter one iota this point. I don't care. And I think a lot of people don't care. Not that if you asked most of them when the moon landing happened. They probably couldnt tell you the date it happened.

You seem to be spending a lot of time making sure everybody knows how little you care about this. You also seem to have a direct line to everyone's opinion. It is real, the Apollo missions happened, and it matters because when people say that they didn't they are promoting a lie. Truth matters. Ignorance should be denied. If you search around a little more thoroughly you'll find that a lot of people are still interested in the subject, and a lot of people do care. The fact that a lot of other people don't really doesn't matter. There are lots of significant dates and events in human history that most people either won't know about, won't remember clearly or don't care about, but they still matter because the fact that they occurred shaped that history. I know when Pearl Harbour happened, but I'd bet my daughters don't.

Even with a cellphone in there pocket at the convenience.

So lets see when Space X, or NASA or any of them make it to the moon. Space X is pretty much have to make it to the moon, if you want to get to Mars.

Given than SpaceX have been given the contract for the lunar lander (or at least until they were until their rivals complained about it), that seems likely.

Those dinkleweeds. Missing a few steps in there arduous journey list. But lets just say. I dont think anybody is going to the moon any time soon, much less Mars.

Or you know? ..Whatever.

They will be on the moon soon. 'They' will probably be Chinese, but who knows an American president might grow a pair and stick to their campaign pledges and Elon might make his lander stick. SpaceX haven't missed out any steps, they're still making them.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Tourists!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Not to mention the somber news sharing newspaper space with such a momentous event. Look at the stories surrounding the astronauts' photo. Personally, if it were me, I'd find that a bit disheartening.
But, then again, I have many petty tendencies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join