It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA poised to ban menthol cigarettes this week, experts predict

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: tamusan

So state, local, federal governments are decriminalizing heroin, meth, crack, making pot legal. . .

And they're going to ban menthol cigarettes'?

So much stupid. . . .

You are right.
That is not Kool.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Banned in the UK already unless you know where to shop.

You can even buy menthol fluid to add to the filters. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

White aint a color?

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So state, local, federal governments are decriminalizing heroin, meth, crack, making pot legal. . .

And they're going to ban menthol cigarettes'?

So much stupid. . . .

something, something, fweedom.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The same party that wants to legalize all kinds of drugs and killing babies even after birth wants to ban a certain type of cig? Wow.

Tobacco is a nootropic that makes you more able to think. Pot and other drugs dumb you down so you are easier to control.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
One year smoke (menthol, 60 a day, roll-ups) free.

Now I's a hankerins for some smokes again.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
The systemic racism is spreading like wildfire, now it's taking away the favorite cigarette of people of color, what's next?

Purple drank.
2nd line

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
One year smoke (menthol, 60 a day, roll-ups) free.

Now I's a hankerins for some smokes again.

I've lost track. Probably a little over three years now but only because I switched to Vape.

Never tried menthol in a vape. Might be alright if suppose.

I've been putting it off but dammit pretty soon I'm just going to go and buy a cigar!

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

No black isn't a color...its the absence of...white is all of the colors.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Banned in the UK already unless you know where to shop.

You can even buy menthol fluid to add to the filters. Go figure.

That one flew right by without me noticing!
I knew they'd changed all the packs and hidden them behind screens and all that but didn't know they'd actually stopped the menthol.

I rolled my own from a steady stream of duty free tobacco so the changes didn't affect me. Now I've given up its like a whole new world! Couldn't believe the prices I've heard people tell me.
Vaping probably
costs me about £5 a week.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Isn’t the ultimate decision on whether to smoke menthols or not on the smoker regardless of color of their skin?
Why does the government need to be involved?
Eating Big Macs and fries 3 times a day can be bad for your health too....will there be legislation to slow ban those as well?

Where do you draw the line? When it is government over reach?

Apparently calling it racism and systemic healthcare racism’s at that is how we get government involvement.

No one is forcing 85% of black men to smoke menthols. No one.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: tamusan
I quit smoking cigarettes years ago, and only enjoy the occasional cigar these days. Yet, this has me a little angry. I fail to see how banning menthols is going to make a difference. Either ban all tobacco or none at all. Too many adults enjoy their menthols. I think that vaping is a bigger concern among children than tobacco is nowadays.

FDA poised to band menthol cigarettes

LOL, so would teaching kids in the inner city not to join gangs and kill each other, but I don't think that's really what's going on here.

Racist Joe Biden cancelled the DOJ's "Operation Legend" crime reduction program, immediately after being sworn in.

Operation Legend saved hundreds of Black lives in big cities.

Joe Biden hates Black people.

I'm starting another thread that demonstrates how Racist President Biden is, later today.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

your both right, and both wrong. depends on how you look at it.

Are Black and White Colors

Some consider white to be a color, because white light comprises all hues on the visible light spectrum. And many do consider black to be a color, because you combine other pigments to create it on paper. But in a technical sense, black and white are not colors, they’re shades. They augment colors. “And yet they do function like colors. They evoke feelings. They can be a kid’s favorite color,” says graphic designer Jimmy Presler.

Understanding Black and White as Colors

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They are unnecesarilly victimizing us poor average redneck caucasians through the enforcement of clearly racially motivated rules & regulations..... lol idk what the hell I'm saying.... but this nonsense is utterly ridiculous.

What kind of ass-backwards world is this?

This s#1t is bad for you, but it's ok if you wanna do it. However we wanna make it so that it's less likely for you to enjoy it when you do.

If this were to actually happen, doesn't it just open the door for even more nonsense?

After this, wouldn't it make sense to remove all flavor additives from anything and everything that is deemed 'bad for you'?

Might as well remove all flavors and sugars added to any alcoholic drink.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That is fair depending on additive or subtractive color mixing. However you can't make black with subtractive color mixing.

Fun fact...the primary colors are different too. Subtractive color mixing prime colors are magenta yellow and cyan.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Roll my own.
Way cheaper.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
a reply to: Tulpa

Roll my own.
Way cheaper.

I did too. Had an almost endless supply of Drum from a friend who likes to travel.
It's just that long since I bought any that I'm surprised how much they've gone up.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Few get to choose how they die.

If I want to die from menthol cigarettes, that's my choice.

Go ahead and ban it, if you think that will stop people, but one can grow mint and harvest it for menthol tobacco if they want to.

I used to add wild mint to my hookah. Fresh mint trumps menthol extract, any day.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've been growing tobacco for a few years now. I know how to dry it, make casing and my own top flavors. Last year I discovered field mint (aka horse mint) growing around the garden and started a plot of it. Other than peppermint, it has the highest percentage of menthol in a mint plant and I found out how to extract it with alcohol (vodka actually). There is plenty of wintergreen growing around here too, so right there, I have all the ingredients for chew or menthol tobacco (other than the ingredients for my secret casing recipe).

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've been hearing about banning Menthol for years now. 10+ years.

I have not been following the story, but it seems every few years this pops up in the news.

At work, so can't give links. There out there.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-4-2021 by crappiekat because: to add

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join