It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA poised to ban menthol cigarettes this week, experts predict

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Pot makes you dumb ? Really , alcohol and tobacco make you addictive and needing it . Pot makes you question everything . Psychedelics open your mind to how badly the government is screwing is . All your years here haven’t done much for your thinking unfortunately. Better smoke some more cigs so you can be smarter lol

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I smoked pot for many years, it opens up your mind too much leading to scattered thinking which leads you nowhere. I had lots of friends that smoked, still have some, and it never made anyone of them able to think straight. It attaches to the endocannabinoid receptors...It kills pain and dopes people. I did not realize I was doped up that much when toking, until I quit for a while and that was many years ago.

They are NOT legalizing pot to make people smarter.

The government tends to want to stop us from being able to see their corruption.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think that is quite the exaggeration...however I won't go so far as saying it makes one smarter. It does open up ones mind to look at things differently for sure. It also addresses many health issues as well as good for ones mental wellbeing. I don't think the government cares past the money aspect...

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

It's getting over the top with the tobacco bans, it's also hitting the e-cigarette market. I didn't realize but apparently there was a law passed massively restricting e-cig related product recently. I make my own tobacco flavor e-juice, and needed to order more nicotine and flavorings as I'm running low. The new law caused the cost of the product to increase 500%, shipping delayed for a week while I'm verified, and I have to be home waiting for the postman to show my ID to receive this package. Mind you, this is the place I've been ordering from for years, and this is the hassle I'm facing. USPS is the ONLY option for shipping, all the other major carriers have enacted policies that they wont deliver those products anymore.

Smoking is bad mmkay, but if I wanna smoke or vape, let me do so in peace please. Stop making stupid ass laws in the name of 'saving the children'

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

But it is NOW OK With Everyone Including Liberals to Smoke as Much WEED as you Want . Hypocrites !

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
banning smoking would be easyer if they started to raise the smoking age to buy tobacco by one year every year. it's lucky no lawmaker has thought of this.

it would be a long process but after 70 years there would be so few smokers left that the tobacco companies would go out of business.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: tamusan

Banning menthol cigarettes is racist!

Yeah, that ain't KOOL.

Menthol vaping juice will be sold on the black market.

edit on 27-4-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I quit smoking cigarettes years ago, and only enjoy the occasional cigar these days. Yet, this has me a little angry. I fail to see how banning menthols is going to make a difference. Either ban all tobacco or none at all. Too many adults enjoy their menthols. I think that vaping is a bigger concern among children than tobacco is nowadays.

FDA poised to band menthol cigarettes

Sorry if it has been mentioned already!

California placed a ban on menthol sales 1/1/2021 I think it was and I had the same thoughts as you. As a dirty smoker I couldn’t help but think ‘so this one is a-ok for me, but adding menthol will do worse to me?’ Additionally, I found it hilarious that vaping is still ok — the commercials here tell me it’ll lead to hard drugs though.
edit on 28-4-2021 by haaat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I quit smoking cigarettes years ago, and only enjoy the occasional cigar these days. Yet, this has me a little angry. I fail to see how banning menthols is going to make a difference. Either ban all tobacco or none at all. Too many adults enjoy their menthols. I think that vaping is a bigger concern among children than tobacco is nowadays.

FDA poised to band menthol cigarettes

April 30, 2021 (UPDATE)

The FDA has officially begun the PROCESS of banning the sale of Menthol cigarettes in America.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

I guess the companies that manufacture the cigarettes will continue to sell billions of them outside of the United States.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I smoked a lot of Salem’s over the years. The best flavored cigarette was the black cherry Salem’s you bought in a tin in the mid 90’s.

I quit menthol (except a pack now and then when I had a chest cold). And the cherry Salem’s because wow those were great. I rolled my own for a long while until Obama’s mega tax on tobacco.

So here we are banning menthol cigarettes. Remember this during the next “Oh they are not going to ban your guns.” And all of the over 30 crowd remembers when people smoked indoors everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join