It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Gun Violence Won't Go Away in Urban Areas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Gun violence is a huge problem in urban areas. In light of the Adam Toledo situation, I wanted to provide a real life case study as to why the left is incapable of solving this problem. To summarize, leftist have two positions that are in conflict with each other and it results in nothing being done. On the one hand, the activist want to reduce gun violence. However, they are unwilling to prosecute those in the community who perpetrate the violence.

Here in Chicago, judges rarely give any significant time for gun charges resulted in the gang members being released back on the streets.

Background:

Adam Toledo is the 13 year old who was shot and killed by a Chicago police officer. This case garnered some national attention due to the age of the Adam and the video showing his death. What gets lost in the media and narrative is a couple of facts. Adam had a gun and was shooting (or an accessory) at a car. Further, most don't know that Adam was with an older gentleman who was also apprehended named, Ruben Roman.

Ruben is a 21 year old and has previous charges for gun offences. Well, Ruben was just released on $15,000 bond after being on video bussin' off shots at a car which is what precipitated the entire Adam Toledo situation. Not only that, his bond was paid with assistance from the Chicago Community Bond Fund! He also posted $25,000 bail on a separate gun case! WTF?

The Chicago Community Bond Fund has spent $4 million on 650 cases to get people out of jail. According to the director, they chose to pay Ruben's bond because:

“We often prioritize cases that are connected to social justice movements – especially the movement to end police violence,” said Keisa Reynolds, who currently leads the Chicago Community Bond Fund.

“We made the decision to post bond for Mr. Roman because we are aware that the city will continue to use him as a scapegoat for the killing of Adam Toledo, which was committed by the Chicago Police Department,” Reynolds said.

The irony of this is rich. Especially in light of the tragic death of Jaslyn Adams, the 7 year old who was killed at a McDonald's drive thru when gang members shot up a car presumably trying to kill her father.

So on the one hand we have a dead 13 year old and a 21 year old gangbanger who were shooting at cars being held up as some sort of martyrs for social justice.... yet on the other hand, we are mourning a dead 7 year old killed in a car shot up by gang members. Am I the only one that sees the irony of this sh*t?

Liberals are freaking insane.

edit on 21-4-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The goal is not to disarm criminals.... they will always have easy access to illegal items (see: war on drugs).

The goal is to disarm YOU and the rest of the normally law abiding normal citizens.

If they cared about deaths, they would go after handguns as they are the tool of choice for 95%+ of gun murders. They want your rifles.
edit on 21-4-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Stop following their rules if you want to discuss the subject and change hearts and minds.

Do NOT let them frame the argument.

There is no such thing as "Gun Violence."

A gun is an inanimate object and as such cannot commit "violence."

Much like it cannot commit "empathy" or "tolerance" or "love".

Violence is an act where one person decides to harm one or more people.

The tool doesn't matter... the person committing the act does.

So the question should be "Why do so many people want to commit violent acts towards others?"

And we could go from there.

edit on 21-4-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There’s a group of ATS leftists who were displaying g their IQ in another thread, openly claiming that anti-rioting laws are pointless because laws don’t stop criminals from rioting anyway, “so why even make the laws?”

Those very same people will be on this thread claiming we need more stringent firearms laws “because laws stop criminals from committing gun violence”

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My point is that the keep talking out of both sides of their mouths...

On one hand, they complain about the gun violence. Yet, when the police attempt to get the perpetrators off the streets, they then try to act like these thugs are angels and being persecuted unfairly.

edit on 21-4-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The correct term to use when starting a discussion is ...

Gang Violence or Gang Bangers.

The Gangs flourish for a reason.

The worst of the Gangs were imported and that is deliberate.

The only people without guns in major Dem cities are the general law abiding citizens.

P

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Mandatory sentences for crimes with firearms with no parole.
That would fix the gun crime problem.
20 years solid.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

On one hand, they complain about the gun violence. Yet, when the police attempt to get the perpetrators off the streets, they then try to act like these thugs are angels and being persecuted unfairly.

You are attempting to debate something within a framework that your opponents have made for you.

You will always lose doing that because they have framed the argument to where you cannot win.

As Pheonix358 said, start the debate instead with "Why do liberals condone gang violence?"

Guns actually have nothing to do with it.

Take that from them and then they lose the debate.

edit on 21-4-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So on the one hand we have a dead 13 year old and a 21 year old gangbanger who were shooting at cars being held up as some sort of martyrs for social justice.... yet on the other hand, we are mourning a dead 7 year old killed in a car shot up by gang members. Am I the only one that sees the irony of this sh*t?

This is what drives me nuts, too. It's the clown world in full effect. It really opened my eyes these past few years. I really think they must have an agenda. Everything the left does now, goes against what civil rights movements fought for in the past. It's like MLK Jr. doesn't exist to them.

I'm in my 20's and all throughout high school, everything considered degenerate was shoved in our faces. I'm sure this is normal being teens and all but I doubt this is what older generations experienced. Whether it be through media, influencers, music etc. a lot of peers of mine that were good kids, turned into druggies or started doing gangbanger snip because they want the clout.

And this is all out in the boonies lol. This is not just in my area either. Numerous friends of mine in different parts of the country have the same experiences. I think our culture is glorifying thugs and drugs a lot more than it used to. Social media, the media itself, and phones play a huge part in this imo.
edit on 22-4-2021 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The elimination of any violence in urban areas will never happen because the democrats need something to be mad about. They have set up the whole situation and use it to increase their political power and for financial gain. Without an enemy within this country, the current democratic party is nothing and has nothing to offer.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Why do you think is there violence on the streets?

What is your solution to this? More guns sounds awful.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   
face it democrats, like all liberals don't want problems like crime, killings, poverty, or racism to go away. you see all these things is what gets them elected. they NEED these problems. because those problems give them something they can promise to fix. and it shows in their actions and policies. the truth is they"fix" almost nothing, but instead their "solutions tend to actually create more and worse problems.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Violence is a huge part of the culture.
One look at the music shows that fact.
Criminal activity is glorified and praised.

The news media isn't helping either.
They gave us martyrs like....

Saint George of fentanyl
Sir trayvon of Skittles
King Michael of swisher sweets

Every one of them have more arrests than high school credits but they were good boys.
Every one of them have innocent looking pictures from their childhood instead of their social media pics which paint a different picture.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Two parent households would be a good start.
Accountability at home.
The only thing ever tried is throwing money at the problem and that never works.
The solution is for the urban culture to change from within.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Guns don't cause violence.

edit on 22-4-2021 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Don't prosecute law breakers.
Attack and defund the police.
Pass dozens of laws to prevent law abiding citizens from having guns to protect themselves from the criminals
Keep Democrat policies in effect that cause poverty and low education

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It will get much worse. Any police officer is going to proceed with extreme caution or not respond to calls unless it's a dead body and the threat is gone. A bunch of Chicago's basically. Lawlessness where nobody cares.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Crime will once again be coupled with pandering, optics and virtue-signaling to be used for political means.
Let an area run rampant with crime until the people reach the breaking point and then WHOOSH..in comes the saviours..holding press conferences, announcing pointless programs, building community centers named after thug-du-jour and dumping money into the area in order to gain support and votes.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Hypocrisy used to be an pejorative. Being exposed to having double standards used remove credibility.

These things no longer matter and thus allows authoritarianism to flourish.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

That's because society made them do it, so their criminal actions aren't their fault but merely the result of an unjust and oppressive system.

Did I speak lefty well enough?

We are all just passive instruments with no independent agency of our own.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join