It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This The Chilling Reason Why Bill Gates is Buying Up So Much US Farm Land?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I'm wondering if this could be considered as domestic terrorism?

He's going to slowly take away our food supply by buying farmers out.

Its not like buying all the mom and pop corner stores and letting them sit.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I know someone who works in the poultry industry. The largest concern and price mover is food. Gates and China and the other Billionaires are the wrong players in this massive land grab. They discuss things.

Its worse than Orwell's 1984.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How about this?

The hazards of consolidated farms

NorthWest Public Broadcasting

Gates’ purchases place him in the middle of two farming trends: The first is the building influence of nonoperator landowners, or people who don’t work the land they own. The second is his contribution to the gradual consolidation of U.S. farmland. Campbell says there’s a clear trend over the past five years toward consolidating farmland and farm business in Washington state, especially east of the Cascades. “When we have less small farms, it tends to be less farmer owned and operated land; it tends to be a nonfarming landowner owner leasing it out to farmers,” she says. As cropland becomes more expensive and more farmers lease land from investors, it reduces the wealth these small farmers can build for themselves, especially women and people of color. According to 2014 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 38% of farmland in Washington state is rented out, with 30% rented out by nonoperator landowners. Most of these nonoperator landowners in Washington state differ from Gates in that they own a median of 406 acres, and the land has typically been in their family for more than 71 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Buy a few farms and disrupt the food industry?

I don't think it adds up, grains are easily grown in the US, Cali still gets it's water and pesticides/fertilizer is still readily available.

Brazil are still aggressively muscling into the meat packaging business in the US too.

Just because it's arable land doesn't mean it's prime farmland. Even then sustainability doesn't mean intensive farming like swathes of Cali for instance... And even then there's options upon options.

Bill can't make the cows hungry

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My mistake I didn’t realize in America you could only raise cows inside the cow box.
I also realize that the same space for meat cubes isn’t the same space used for real flesh and blood cows....

edit on 13-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Yea, I couldn't find any list that was broken down into cattle ranches, or livestock, etc. Mostly they deal with acreage. A lot of billionaires are investing in farm land right now.

Bing, of all places, has it.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Your here to simply keep the conversation going with page clicks.

Huh? I'm pointing out your premise is very flawed.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: LordAhriman

How do you know those are black beans? Or something else?

Because I make them out of black beans.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

How about this?

How about it? There a lot of cattle farming going on east of the Cascades in Washington State?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
My mistake I didn’t realize in America you could only raise cows inside the cow box.

You didn't realize that ranchers can't graze their cattle on other people's land without permission? There were quite a few violent actions over this in the late 1800/early 1900's.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Crop farmland to solar farms.is likely what Bill is up to.
I note that he owns 25.750 in Arizona in prime solar power land.

Turned to solar this land would power everything Bill Gates owns 100 times over.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Correct; "How about it"

Her quote in relation to Billionaires versus everyone else.

As cropland becomes more expensive and more farmers lease land from investors, it reduces the wealth these small farmers can build for themselves, especially women and people of color.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yeah? And? What does this have to do with making you eat fake meat?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
These people that participate in "meat shaming" of others' diets really p1ss me off. Great you are a vegetarian! I'm very proud of you, well done. Now GTFO of my refrigerator, I'll eat what I choose, thanks anyway though.

What I would be concerned with for these types (the public policy "shapers" like Gates and co) is that they are brilliant at what Hillary Clinton called "incrementalism", i.e. playing the long game.

In other words, they're not going to come out and say "Though shall not eat MEAT!". They are more insidious than that. Instead they will roll out their master plan in phases/steps, so that the pols don't get up in arms, and the changes are so gradual as to barely be noticed until it's all over, i.e. the metaphor of the boiling frog.

First, let's play up "synthetic beef" in our propaganda outlets. Look ma, just like real meat!

Next, let's start clamping down on cattle farming and raising of animals for meat.

Eventually, all that's left is "synthetic beef"; the cattle farming industry has gradually been phased out over time (kind of like US manufacturing capability)

Then one day, the news starts convincing you that there's no reason to consume synthetic beef. Just switch to full-blown vegetarianism. It's not that big of a leap!

Shortly after you turn around and say "wait, I don't want to stop eating meat", the response is "ohhh yeah...about that...see we sort of unplugged and discarded that whole cattle ranching and meat prep industry. Whoop-see! Looks like you're stuck with an all vegetable diet"

Incrementalism 101

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Its what is being written in public newspaper articles all over the world. I only attached a couple.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with your meat premise, that was about women/minority farmers leasing their land.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Exactly. Just like 2 years ago, no one would have agreed to sacrificing their livihoods, lives, childrens' futures and education, health and (relatively) carefree daily lives, to enforcing draconian policies on others and forcing experimental medical treatment on their families and friends.

It doesn't take very long to prime people for the most abusive oppression, unfortunately.
edit on 13-4-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Wrong it has everything. You just want to support Team Gates.

Deny Ignorance is the mantra here AM.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You just want to support Team Gates.

Lame reply from someone who cannot even get their facts straight and goes on meandering non sequiturs.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Since Gates is related to the Rockefellers I suppose this vid is a relevant one.

Here's what they've got planned for the future of food (and farming).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join