It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please have one thread about Terri...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes its a state issue normally. However, they are well within their constitutional rights to have a federal court review the case due to all the things I listed above. If she's not in a pvs then this is murder and her civil rights are being violated.

Much like, if I may add, the civil rights workers who were killed in the south prompting the federal government to step in when the state courts wouldn't do anything. I don't remember seing anyone saying they were overstepping their bounds then, well except maybe the southern judges.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Standing Ovation == Jukyu

Would you mind if I use your timeline in another place, besides ATS, naturally giving credit to the source , and a link to this posting ?

As for the rest, well lets consider interesting coincidences. Anyone seen
Million Dollar Baby yet ?

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.disabilitynow.org.uk...

(Its working, Mein Furer !! )

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Overstepping bounds in means of violating the constitution. I do not recall murder of one individual being a federal crime. I also feel that Roe v. Wade was a State issue that should have stayed with the states. Logic like the US Gov being able to change whatever they feel like is the same logic that got the US into the Civil War.

There is no right to life liberty or happines stated in the Constitution. That is the Declaration of Independence and was originally stated by John Locke as "Life liberty and property". Slaves at the time of the 1860's were considered property and therefore were legal. Some states did not agree with that and changed their laws. Others did not but were slowly pulling away from slavery because of its ineffiency. However Lincoln "a great president" overstepped the bounds set by the constitution just as Bush and congress are now and are highjacking the legislative process of the states which is protected by the constitution.

Also, who are we to say whether or not Terri Schiavo has a right to die. Has anyone of us ever lived through what she has? Being bed ridden and unable to interact with the world outside is worse than any physical pain. If I were Ms. Schiavo i would wish for them to let me die too. Starvation cannot be nearly as awful as seeing the world go by day by day and never being able to do anything to actually live. Terri Schiavo has a special place in heaven waiting for her and God is waiting. Let her die in peace and stop trying to play God!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Overstepping bounds in means of violating the constitution. I do not recall murder of one individual being a federal crime. I also feel that Roe v. Wade was a State issue that should have stayed with the states. Logic like the US Gov being able to change whatever they feel like is the same logic that got the US into the Civil War.

There is no right to life liberty or happines stated in the Constitution. That is the Declaration of Independence and was originally stated by John Locke as "Life liberty and property". Slaves at the time of the 1860's were considered property and therefore were legal. Some states did not agree with that and changed their laws. Others did not but were slowly pulling away from slavery because of its ineffiency. However Lincoln "a great president" overstepped the bounds set by the constitution just as Bush and congress are now and are highjacking the legislative process of the states which is protected by the constitution.

Also, who are we to say whether or not Terri Schiavo has a right to die. Has anyone of us ever lived through what she has? Being bed ridden and unable to interact with the world outside is worse than any physical pain. If I were Ms. Schiavo i would wish for them to let me die too. Starvation cannot be nearly as awful as seeing the world go by day by day and never being able to do anything to actually live. Terri Schiavo has a special place in heaven waiting for her and God is waiting. Let her die in peace and stop trying to play God! In the words of System of A Down:

"Making two possibilities a reality,
Predicting the future of things we all know,
Fighting off the diseased programming
Of centuries, centuries, centuries, centuries.

Science fails to recognize the single most
Potent element of human existence
letting the reigns go to the unfolding
Is faith, faith, faith, faith.

Science has failed our world"

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Guys, please. This isn't about Terri, this is about the excess of Terri. There are plenty of other places to talk about Terri, as we've seen.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think he was asking to have just one more thread about terri. LMAO

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
When someone posts a thread entitled "You MUST see this!!" you know that it's going to be meaningless, attention-seeking crud, but your mouse still hovers over it as you think, "Hmmm, but what if it really IS something groundbreaking or interesting?" Sometimes you click it to find your original prediction of thread masterbation confirmed, and sometimes you don't.

This is precisely why I think the Terri threads are awesome! Never before have there been this many threads on ATS that are so easily identified as THREADS TO BE IGNORED AT ALL COSTS.

Seriously though, ithis Terri thing is beginning to display the hallmarks of deliberate, organized spam. I mean, look at what happened to this thread. There are two posters (or is it one using different usernames?) that are posting volumes of material about Terri without responding in any way to others in the thread; a thread which is CLEARLY intended as a rant against this very sort of thing. This positively reeks of at least one kind of the manipulation that SO mentioned in his dark days thread.

Which brings me to my "final solution":

You just had to keep pushing, and pushing and PUSHING!...DIDN'T YOU!? How many cute, furry, innocent animals have to DIE before you stop the Schiavo-spam?!

*Goes to get find a kitten or something*

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
No not the dog, the dog didnt hurt terri. Please not the dog, take me.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Stop the spam or we'll shoot this dude -->

Uhh...I mean the dude in the avatar...uhh...no, I mean the dude who made the avatar...oh...ummm...stop the spam or we'll shoot...SOMEONE! HA!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Much better, poor dog, they only love us humans.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Goodmorning everyone...

hey look what I found today :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
and this ....

dont forget this one.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
this case is NOT even a conspiracy...

No, but it sure smacks of the kind of partisan smokescreens that serve to confuse citizens as to what is really going on in this country.
Sure, I replied to several of them, but mostly to voice my opinion that we are not being told what is really going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
its a sad case,
but seriously, we dont need to keep repeating it.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
its a sad case,
but seriously, we dont need to keep repeating it.

I couldn't agree more! It is a sad case and it's upsetting....but I'm just sick of every other thread being about it! It's ridiculous! Imagine what it would of been like if they had not put down some sanity about Jackson! We need to have one thread about this. not a billion......JMO, not a mod or anything here.....it just seems logical though

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I couldn't agree more! It is a sad case and it's upsetting....but I'm just sick of every other thread being about it! It's ridiculous! Imagine what it would of been like if they had not put down some sanity about Jackson! We need to have one thread about this. not a billion......JMO, not a mod or anything here.....it just seems logical though

agreed.
My advice would to just make an index thread with all the related threads and get members to discuss under those ones. It should prevent the topic from being repeated.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
agreed.
My advice would to just make an index thread with all the related threads and get members to discuss under those ones. It should prevent the topic from being repeated.

that's why last month and a couple of months before, I would bump my original thread about Terri.... I thought we could discuss it there, just goes to show that the ATS Search isn't being used...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So I'm confused. Am I supposed to post updates about the Shiavo case here or is this not the place?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
So I'm confused. Am I supposed to post updates about the Shiavo case here or is this not the place?

Any, just not a new one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join