It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 and the Flu - Links?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So I was cruising around my normal morning news feeds and stumbled on this article:

www.sciencealert.com...

"The odds of testing positive for COVID-19 were reduced in patients who received a flu shot by about 24 percent compared to those who didn't get vaccinated against influenza in the previous year.

That sounds notable, even if the overall effect is relatively small compared to the amount of protection an actual COVID-19 vaccine delivers.

Still, why does it happen at all? It might not actually reflect a mechanism of the flu vaccine, researchers say, so much as an effect of bias in the data, due to the behavior of people who choose to get vaccinated. But in truth we just don't know for sure."

Now I'll be completely honest here - the article itself does try to point out that it really doesn't know why the correlation exists. It may be random correlation, it might be direct causation or it could be so completely random that the study will never be replicated anywhere again. That said, I've no doubt that everyone is well aware places like the CDC, WHO, etc all claim that there is absolutely zero link or possibility of a link between COVID-19 and any Flu strain. I've seen plenty of people argue that COVID-19 is just a flu strain yet the science behind the virus itself just doesn't support that conclusion. I say that as I do have relatives, one in particular I'm thinking of, who work in the medical fields and the one specific relative works at a major pharmaceutical company, a company that is actively involved in the current wave of vaccine research and distribution.

So I hunted for more information, talked to family and friend contacts about this claim, and more. The only theory I was able to come up with is that it appears COVID-19 probably was a designer virus that was leaked and as such it's possible that some strains of the flu were used as models or direct additions in the modification of the COVID-19 virus. And I guess that makes sense to a point.

Anyone else stumble across any claims like this article? There's got to be more out there and I'm just not running across it.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If it's a man-made virus, is there anyway to detect that under the microscope? If it's not similair to flu strains, what could cause that 24% correlation?

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
If it's a man-made virus, is there anyway to detect that under the microscope? If it's not similair to flu strains, what could cause that 24% correlation?

24% is anything but random.

This just reinforces that we are being lied to, and that many, if not most, COVID deaths are really from the flu.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

How? It's saying 24% of those who got vaccinated for influenza did not test positive for covid. Where in the article did you get the assumption that covid deaths are actually flu deaths???

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

As the researchers explain it's more likely to be due to human behavioural changes rather than a flu vaccine influencing immunity to Covid.

I.e - the more attention someone pays to their health, the more likely they are to have followed recommendations known to decrease risk of catching Covid.

If the flu vaccine itself was the cause of the observed effect then the reduction would be 90%+

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

How? It's saying 24% of those who got vaccinated for influenza did not test positive for covid. Where in the article did you get the assumption that covid deaths are actually flu deaths???

Didn't get that from the article, that is from simple powers of observation. You know, that thing that seems to have completely escaped almost everyone during this plan/scamdemic?

LOGIC.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Ok.. I prefer scientific evidence. But if you want to assume with your own logic, have fun!
edit on 25-3-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

That makes sense.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if the old flu vax would have some beneficial effects. Covid-19 is a modified flu virus. And a few scientist have claimed most cases of Covid-19 were misdiagnosed A and B Influenza.

But knowing the crooked medical establishment. They are simply trying to give credit to vaccines in general. Vitamin D3 or Ivermectin etc are likely the real reason.

Plus they are obviously skewing the numbers to make Orange man look bad and the installed crook to look good.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Ok.. I prefer scientific evidence.

Ok, so, you may want to consider providing some then. Something more than govt propaganda that is.

But if you want to assume with your own logic, have fun!

I rely on my personal powers of observation and logic to perceive the lies we are being told.

Impossible to do, though, for some, who apparently surrendered their own judgement for that of those they perceive to be their betters.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Any scientific source that shows most covid deaths are actually flu deaths? You made the claim..

join