It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Bank Warns Of A "Biblical" Surge In Food Prices

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We stock about twenty pounds of rice. I suppose we could increase that if we got another ten bags of Sue Mings Generals Chicken to go with it. We like rice pudding and rice in chicken soup but other than that, we just eat it with Chinese. I would much rather eat spuds.

Yep the down fall of Americans lol. All my years of living overseas I prefer rice over potatoes though I grew up on potatoes and never ate rice as a kid.

Go get a bag of 50 lbs of good Thailand and a good rice cooker and you can have hot rice 24/7 just sitting there waiting to be eaten.
edit on 20-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well China owns smithfields Food chain, I guess they will be eating a lot of bacon, in china now,

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You're right, but at almost 74 I know too well that I've lived most of my life. When it gets to the point that the grocery stores are shut down, I won't last long, but I'm ready.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I have nothing to say to that other than to say good luck to you and yours.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Grew up on rice as our prime source of starch (potatoes rarely). Never got into the "have to have bread with dinner" thing on the mainland.

But you have to cook rice properly. I learned before I was 10.

edit on 3/20/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But you have to cook rice properly. I learned before I was 10.

That is a the funniest thing I have seen in a long time... My wife is Asian so ya we got 24/7 rice. I also have 6 or 7 bags and I just rotate them throughout the year, so if sh@t hit the fan we good for a while.
edit on 20-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

You're right, but at almost 74 I know too well that I've lived most of my life. When it gets to the point that the grocery stores are shut down, I won't last long, but I'm ready.

We're much in the same boat.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I grew eating rice and been, darn been slow cooked with pork feet, Puerto Rican tradition, I can cook rice like a pro, never sticky, always lose and fluffy, can make rice with about anything.

but I discovered as an adult that my traditional and loving food, gives me allergies, Pork and rice on the top of my allergy causing list, god figure.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If you live in an area where you can do fishing and gardening, its a good idea to develop the capability to do both. A working knowledge of edible plants where you live is good as well. Dry beans and rice are relatively cheap and easy to store. A lot of people have stocked up from COVID but its a good idea to have at least 6 months storable food for every one living in your house.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i am so sickof all this doom and gloom about food, its not real folks, its propaganda,

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Ummm...hello Starcrossed...sorry for taking so long to respond...go to ziptiedomes.com...I found them originally on you tube...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I have stored a bunch of oats and wheat. Stored a bunch of beans and flour, powdered milk and eggs, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Start stocking up folks. This stopped being a drill some time ago.

Same here. But also if you have even a small piece of land you should also stock on seeds, and make sure your seeds provide fruits that give seeds themselves, such as tomatoes.

Also stock in basic emergency aid products.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I've been slowly stocking over the years since joining ATS.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Have you seen the movie "Goodbye World"?

I learned a long time ago the power of the government in time of crisis.

You will own nothing. Not those items you have sacrificed to have on the ready, not your vehicles, not your livestock, not even the roof you have over your head.

It all belongs to them. You will own nothing, but they lied. You will not be happy.

modernsurvivalblog.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

I am close enough to your age to know that you will make it a lot longer than most young folk.

I live in the country, and I have watched family, friends, and neighbors, struggle with trying to teach our young folk how to manage the land for survival.

It is not easy, and is a constant battle. Few show any interest, any they cannot grasp the seriousness of the situation.

Too many will be baby sheep, trying to survive in the wild, with a wolf behind every bush.

edit on 8-3-2022 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Breaking 3.8.2022

Biden to announce a BAN on Oil Imports from Russia to the USA.

www.foxbusiness.com...

$7 @ Gallon Gas and Hyper-Inflation, Here We Come.

Ready to Impeach this Illegitimate President Yet?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join