It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accepted theory or timeline of human development

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme
Yes, and some of the presumptions we were taught in school may turn out to be inaccurate. There was a presumption that there were no "civilizations" before the end of the last ice age, but Gobekli Tepe is making science rethink that.

There is geological evidence that the black sea of was once a much smaller inland sea/lake, with a much lower sea level, and then at the end of the last ice age, as glaciers melted and ocean sea levels rose, the mediterranean broke through and flooded the black sea. There is evidence of settlements in the black sea that are now under water.

Speculation is that this event may be the inspiration for some flood myths, Gilgamesh, Noah, Atlantis, etc.

Such floods may have happened at many different times in different places too.

Who knows how many cities could have been wiped-out by such events.

So, "civilization" may go back even further than previously considered, 10k BC?, 20k BC? Who knows?

I am hopeful that data come from non-monolithic fields that constantly seek and evaluate new data ( like geology and weather sciences) will convince more and more of the more static/monolithic sciences (egyptologists in particular) to be open to rethinking their timelines.

The great debate over the age of the Sphinx is a classic example of that battle - IMH(f)O.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Harte

There existence, purpose, and intension, for a start.

Plenty that's unknown never mind "Amiss" with both the monolith and ancient buried site.

There's not a lot that's unknown about Baalbek, as it's been excavated to the bedrock and has been under study for over a century.
There are (of course) a lot of unanswered questions about Gobekli Tepe though. But there are also lots of questions that have been answered.
There's no evidence for even setllements at Gobekli Tepe, much less civilization.

Harte

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

That's just makes it even weirder Harte.

And as to the stone at Baalbek, how were they going to move it, because it was not with people, unknown how they were going to do that.

Like i said Harte its a mystery that we seem to be missing a piece of the puzzle too.

edit on 15-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Jackfish28

I don't believe any official time lines or dates for objects, they keep changing them why do people believe them? they are very Anthony Fauci!

Yep, science is always right and if you don't believe it you're a science denier. Until it is wrong and they just magically change it and then claim if you don't believe it now you're a science denier. Even though you were right all along. And just keep repeating.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Science is not always right, but its the best guess that we have based or factual evidence and repeatable results.

If science was always right, theories would not be refined, and sometimes replaced, as new better and more accurate information becomes available.

Science is a tool, and the only one that we have to date, that will allow us to glean at least a tiny understanding of life, the universe, and the reality in which we exist.

It will always pose more questions than it can answer, and i pity a universe where that is not the case.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And as to the stone at Baalbek, how were they going to move it, because it was not with people, unknown how they were going to do that.

Like i said Harte its a mystery that we seem to be missing a piece of the puzzle too.

Exactly. Everything is a mystery and open to speculation if there's not someone alive today who was there to see it. The further back you go, the more mysterious it gets. People love thinking what they hear and see in theory are proven facts, but the truth is that they don't know, none of us do. When people date an object, how was that dating method found? It's not like there was someone who took a time machine back 150,000 years to see exactly when that cave art was drawn, etc. It's all a guess. Humans could be 10,000 years old, or they could be 100,000,000 years old.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I would suggest there are rather a lot of mysteries unless there is someone around to record the history.

Our narrative, based on a written record, or other documented communication, is roughly 5,000 years old.

Beginning with the Sumerian cuneiform script, with the oldest coherent texts from about 2600 BC.

Humans could indeed be older than we believe, take for instance the way the first dynasty of Egypt seems to have sprung up fully formed. No detailed records of the first two dynasties have survived, except for the terse lists, the Egyptian hieroglyphs however seem fully developed for a start, or the start as the case may be.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

How were they going to move it? The same way they moved the other large stones there. And yes, with people.

Harte

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Glad you cleared that up for us all then with a simple diagram.

Logistically speaking that makes there intensions clear as day.

And how does that explain the construction, techniques, and repeated burial of the likes of Gobeklitepe?

Some things Harte we will simply never know, especially where the ancient/early history of our race is concerned.
edit on 15-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Glad you cleared that up for us all then with a simple diagram.

Logistically speaking that makes there intensions clear as day.

And how does that explain the construction, techniques, and repeated burial of the likes of Gobeklitepe?

Some things Harte we will simply never know, especially where the ancient/early history of our race is concerned.

The repeated burials are anyone's guess.
As far as the construction, it's clear. The stone in the quarry is practically falling out in slabs already due to vertical fracturing, and the shaping and relief was done by pounding and pecking with stones. That leaves clear evidence in the form of marks on the stone, and the people doing it didn't try to smooth out the marks so they are still there to see - clear as a bell.

The question of "why" can be asked about anything prehistoric, and even about most things that are historical.

Hart

Harte

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jackfish28

Present Homo sapiens Humans are at Least 450,000 years old and Lived in Sophisticated Large Cities in the Remote Past . I Dare the Present Scientific Community to Disprove that .

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We are owned by an elite group of humans who live in space around the moon, on Mars, several moons around Jupiter and Saturn.
They pretty much everywhere.
Every so many years they come and set us back to the stone age. Depopulating us in one swift yet poetic blow of destruction.
Just kidding.
Imagine though? Jeez.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I'd suggest that rather than expecting anyone to 'disprove' your suggestion the onus is on you to prove your theory.

Anyone can pluck random theories out of thin air.

Don't get me wrong, you may be right.....but I expect a bit more detail, supportive evidence and reasoned argument before giving it any degree of consideration.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Aye that's what's called something amiss and anyone's guess.

The construction of the stone of the pregnant Woman was not really in question but how they were realistically going to move the thing never mind set it in any sort of place.

Which your simplistic diagram just did not cover I'm afraid.

Plenty amiss, unknown, probably unknowable, whither you care to relies the fact or otherwise.
edit on 16-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sophisticated Large Cities like Rome, Athens, Ur, or some other place like LA or New York? Could you define what you mean so that we can discuss this?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Aye that's what's called something amiss and anyone's guess.

The construction of the stone of the pregnant Woman was not really in question but how they were realistically going to move the thing never mind set it in any sort of place.

Which your simplistic diagram just did not cover I'm afraid.

I'm afraid it does cover it. That diagram shows one known Roman method for moving large masses. It's not hard to calculate what they could move with capstans like that, and we know they had them.

originally posted by: andy06shakePlenty amiss, unknown, probably unknowable, whither you care to relies the fact or otherwise.

There's plenty unknown and unknowable about the last couple of hundred years too.
Welcome to history.

Harte

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
As far as the construction, it's clear. The stone in the quarry is practically falling out in slabs already due to vertical fracturing, and the shaping and relief was done by pounding and pecking with stones. That leaves clear evidence in the form of marks on the stone, and the people doing it didn't try to smooth out the marks so they are still there to see - clear as a bell.

The question of "why" can be asked about anything prehistoric, and even about most things that are historical.

Hart

Harte

Come-on we got to have diamond saws and lasers... Don't forget antigrav machines. It is funny when people look at something and don't know how they did it then they go crazy with their assumptions while not lifting a finger to understand how they could actually do it with simple tools.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Your diagram shows a picture, the logistics and physical requirements, being somewhat more complex to achieve.

Im afraid your picture don't equate to the reality of the task and situation.

You admit that there is plenty amiss, unknown, and unknowable, that's great good.

Gobeklitepe, and the fact that the site in question, seems to have been buried for god only knows what reason would seem to fall in to that category.

Like i said pal we have a lot to learn, and the books missing entire chapters never mind a few pages, history that is.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The Evidence of my Claim is being Suppressed by Today's Scientific Community . For Example , just Look at what the Smithsonian has Done with Evidence Proving Mans Sophisticated Civilizations in the FAR REMOTE PAST for Over a Hundred Years Now . If it does Not Fit their Existing Beliefs , it is Ridiculed and those who present said Evidence have their Careers and Lives Destroyed .

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Don't think diamond saws and lasers, but rather lost, or different technological processes, that we have forgotten or are yet to rediscover.

That's just our limited way of attempting to justify what they build via own measures and rod because its how we would do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join