It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Aw maaaan. You gonna let that stop you from enjoying yourself? I find it quite humorous to ignore people who try so hard to annoy me with their bluster and hubris.
edit on 532021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Horror Movie Idea:

Sociopath places fake ads on Craiglist for all kinds of free stuff, trapping an endless supply of morons into a locked empty room, thereby forcing them to fight their way out to survive.

(Kinda like Saw but we are cheering for the Sociopath)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Speaking of Craig's List, there's actually some really good stuff people give away for free.

I needed a bunch of wooden pallets to stack hay on, and a buddy suggested I look in the "free" section of CL. Sure enough, 2-3 places were giving away free pallets. One guy had a picture of about 30 stacks of them. I called them and it was a 4 Wheel Drive parts company in Denver. Said I could have as many as I could carry. I hooked up my gooseneck trailer and headed over there.

When I got there I realized these were the big 4x5 truck shipping pallets, not the usual 3x3 pallets, and they were all solid oak. Wow! The wife and I started loading them, but those big oak pallets are HEAV-EY (like 150lbs each)! A few minutes later one of the guys came out with a forklift and helped us load stacks of them on the trailer. I thought that was pretty nice. I must have gotten about 150 or so pallets, enough to stack 200 tons of hay on. Happy camper!

(Just glad I had some pallet forks I could put on the tractor to unload!!)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

If you want this free five year old microwave you all are going to have to fight to the death to show me how bad you actually want it.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2021 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Just think of how dumb the average person is, and then remember that half of the people are dumber than that.

That was a George Carlin quote

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: incoserv

Thank you for the belly laugh. Every morning should start with one!

Now I feel bad for you though. I'm sorry (kindasorta) I just don't have it in me to care if you call me a "Karen." I've been called lots and lots of things -- good and bad -- and "Karen" just makes me laugh. Like being called a bitch. In the future, I think I'll have to adapt my go-to response for "bitch" to "Karen" and just tell people, "That's MRS Karen to you!"

Jesus, who peed on your cornflakes? You do realize you are losing this, don't you?

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Jesus, who peed on your cornflakes? You do realize you are losing this, don't you?

Losing? Please. What could I possibly be "losing"? My morals? My compassion? My self-respect? Nope. It's impossible to "lose" when one is living up to their own standards and true to themselves. I can (and do) hold my head high.

I'll take my inspiration from Eleanor Roosevelt here: "The inferior mind discusses people, the mediocre mind discusses events, and the superior mind discusses ideas."

Yeah, I'm good.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think you're entirely missing the point.

The lady called the day before to set up a pickup time.
She lives 25 miles away.

She had a full day, plus a 25 mile drive to think about this and still brought a tiny car to pick up a bed. How mind numbingly clueless do you have to be to do that ?

By the way, I don't have things delivered. Know why?

Because I have a truck.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Boadicea

I think you're entirely missing the point.

No. I understand your point perfectly. Someone did something stupid. Happens all the time.

And you got to feel all awesome superior so you decided that it was worth posting about on an international discussion forum to talk trash about someone behind their back with no opportunity to speak up for themselves. Somehow you think that this is a valuable use of your time? Energy? Intellect? There is no practical or productive purpose here. You aren't going to "fix" her. You aren't going to un-do what has happened. You're not going to get your expended time and energy back.

The only thing you've achieved is stroke your own egos by anonymously talking trash about a woman and getting others to talk trash about her as well, and showing a very petty and shallow side of yourselves.

By the way, I don't have things delivered. Know why?

Because I have a truck.

Ooooh.... so do we. A bigass one ton diesel. BFD.

But you weren't talking about picking stuff up in a truck... you were talking about trying to pick stuff up in a Corvette. And that's what I responded to.

Ya know who else have trucks? Delivery drivers. Crazy, huh? There's actually people with their own trucks willing to bring stuff to us, and save us the time and trouble. And quite often, especially when it's something I cannot lift or carry myself, I'm happy to let someone else do it to save my hard-working awesome husband the trouble, so he can do other things -- or nothing at all! Sure, he could do it. But he doesn't always have to thanks to delivery drivers.

But if you want to do it yourself, that's good too.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I would have just taken it to the local dump.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

Thanks, I couldn't remember where it popped in my head from.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join