It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are stupid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I truly wonder how some can even function in this world and I honestly think there are some who are too stupid to remember to breathe.

We decided to replace some furniture in the spare bedroom we keep for when my Mom visits. We bought her a new bed, took the other out and my fiance put it on Facebook. It was in good shape, rarely used, but we sold it for next to nothing just to get rid of it. It was a daybed and Mom is 78, so I wanted to get her a better one.
A lady contacts my fiance agrees to buy it and says she'll come to get it and would be here around 3:00 yesterday afternoon. There's a knock on the door, I answer it and after glancing out, knew this was going sideways.
A daybed is not big, but with a mattress that's about 6 ft long, 3 ft wide, plus springs and side rails it's not exactly small either.

She was driving a Chevy Spark.
Don't get me wrong, they're good little cars. My daughter has one and recently moved from an apartment into a house. Know what we used to move the beds and furniture ?
A TRUCK. My truck. She could fit a few boxes and clothes in hers, but there was no way a bed is gonna fit in one of those but this idiot brought a tiny car to move something damn near as big as the car. I told her that there's just no way she's going to get this in her car and she
[ after eyeing my truck ] asked if I would deliver it. [ sigh ]
I asked where she lived because we have sold stuff and if you live within a few miles and don't have a way to pick it up, my son and I will bring it to you for a small extra fee. Gas is not free and neither am I.
She named a town a little over 25 miles away and said she'd give an extra $10.

Me : "So you want me to drive 50 miles roundtrip for 10 bucks"
Her : Well my car runs forever on just a few gallons "
Me : * Looks from full size truck with a V8 to tinker toy car * and replied "Mine doesn't and I'm not delivering "
She wanted to know how she was going to get it home and I said not my problem, you should have brought a truck.
She was not pleased.
We sold the bed, just not to her, it was someone who Brought A Truck.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I put a queen size mattress on craigslist once-
Free, come and get it.

The amount of idiots out there asking me to deliver it was insane.
Sure, I'll take your FREE junk.... could you bring it to me? I live about three hours away.

never again.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The world is full of Karen's

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I put a queen size mattress on craigslist once-
Free, come and get it.

The amount of idiots out there asking me to deliver it was insane.
Sure, I'll take your FREE junk.... could you bring it to me? I live about three hours away.

never again.

One thing I have learned is to never say it's free.
Always put a price on things.
Even $5 will keep most of the crazies away.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
When the universe was mixing up the ingredients to create her, she didn't get any of that uncommon sense (formerly known as common sense).

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The world is full of Karen's

LOL! Yes, indeed it is!

Imagine someone being so bent out of shape over someone's lack of foresight (that only hurt themselves) that they would have to author a thread on a public discussion forum to talk trash about that person behind their back... and, of course, make themselves feel oh-so-superior about themselves.

"Karens" indeed!!!

(post by Bluntone22 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Just think of how dumb the average person is, and then remember that half of the people are dumber than that.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I have a Hammond organ in the middle of my garage.

Years on rock tours, I still have roadies who keep 15-20 anvil road cases for guitars, key, pedals, cabs etc.

They know what's in there, I don't. The organ is not moving because I want it they do not.

It's a stalemate...and my wife has not used the garage in 10 years! N I've not played that organ....since 2008.

Crew and musicians, friends and family...they've been w me every tour since '84...

I love these guys...they hate the organ...and my guitar tech Dale reminds me I have 7 Marshalls ...all over the place....

They've always hauled, set up, traveled and toured w me....but the Hammond is a sore spot.

They ain't movin' it, and I'm sure not ....sigh...

Thnx for lettin' me vent too!
edit on 5-3-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

"superior" ? No. More common sense ? Yes. I don't try to fit a bowling ball in a marble bag.

Would you take a Corvette to pick up cabinets at Home Depot ?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I have a feeling you are a karen.

LOL -- maybe!!!

I got "Karen'd" a few weeks ago and in the end I got the last laugh... and everyone else in the shop. This guy very rudely interrupted me while I was speaking to the cashier and finalizing my purchase, demanding his order. When I looked up at him, he told me, "Don't be a Karen." I grabbed my order, and said, "Okay, Dickhead, I won't" and walked out to the glorious melody every person in that shop laughing at HIM.

Oh my lordy... that was sweet!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That would make him a Kevin...

He acted entitled not you..

But you cursed at the Kevin...
Maybe He was having a bad day.
Maybe his wife is sick.
How is your reaction different than the op other than it happened to you?
edit on 5-3-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

"superior" ? No. More common sense ? Yes. I don't try to fit a bowling ball in a marble bag.

I'd have my cabinets delivered and find better things to do in a Corvette!

But neither would I find it worth my time or intellect to write post to talk trash about someone over something so inconsequential for myself. Personally, I'm hoping that the girl was young -- the best excuse in the world -- and this is a just a learning experience for herself. And I feel bad that she didn't get her bed. She probably doesn't have many options and is doing the best she can.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Check your privilege bro.

Yeah people are dumb and I often wonder how some of them seem to float through life successfully in spite of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

She just wanted something for nothing. She probably handles all of her affairs that way.
You left her know that you aren't a charitable organization.
Good for you!

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I tried selling a nice Vespa scooter. I eventually gave up. I couldn't deal with the idiots contacting me. I eventually just sold it to a dealer knowing they wouldn't pay as much as a private sale, but it was worth it not having to deal with the public.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

originally posted by: watchitburn

Just think of how dumb the average person is, and then remember that half of the people are dumber than that.

and sadly, most people probably can't even comprehend what your comment actually means.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

But neither would I find it worth my time or intellect to write post to talk trash about someone over something so inconsequential for myself. Personally, I'm hoping that the girl was young -- the best excuse in the world -- and this is a just a learning experience for herself. And I feel bad that she didn't get her bed. She probably doesn't have many options and is doing the best she can.

Mid 40s, very nicely dressed, wearing more gold than Mr T and a huge diamond wedding ring. This lady was anything but struggling to make ends meet.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It was something that bothered him, so he shared it.

How is that any different from what you're doing right now?

edit on 3/5/21 by BrokenCircles because: bold

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Kevin, eh? I'll have to remember that, but I will use it sparingly lest the "Kevin-ing" loses all meaning like "Karen-ing" has. Too often, "Karen" is just a pathetic way for lazy incompetents to deflect their own fault for not doing their job right.... and of course it's a wild card for any misogynist (male or female) who just wants to hate on women.

Which is a shame, because there are some who deserve to be "Karen'd" -- like the Barbecue Beckies and the Swimming Pool Susans -- but it's been so over-used and mis-used that it's lost its bite.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join