It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Twitter was suspended

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I use Twitter as a source of news on various topics.
It's the best way to keep tabs on my local schools athletic teams and I will listen to a few entertainment and news feeds.

Yesterday one of the feeds had a story on doctor who from an actor. I won't go into detail about the story because it's irrelevant.

I put down the comment..

"You can't kill whats already dead so knock yourself out"

I'm suspended for encouraging self harm.......

Bwhahahaha....

I should have posted in jokes instead of rant....

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd last 1 minute on Twitter.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I never understood twitter, I once joined many, many years ago, then never used it and another few years ago I actually deleted my account. I also deleted my reddit account many moons ago, with over 19000 posts [all wiped] and many other paltforms. Never looked back.
Thing is, I stay as long as they leave me be, if they start censoring or warning me or whatever they think is clever, I'm gone. Don't care how convenient or fun it may have been.
Same on here, I'd leave instantly if I get bothered for the wrong reason. Bye. I don't care, I lived my life for decades without any of this, I can exist without it again.
Plus there are always better alternatives. Always.

I'd wear a suspension from twitter like a gold medal!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That depends on how quickly you type and post your first post. I'd say less than a minute

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm factoring in the time for them to hit the ban button.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm factoring in the time for them to hit the ban button.

I don't remember if I posted one Saturday Or Sunday but when I checked this morning I was suspended.
Probably was reported because I would think an auto system would have done it faster.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I would be proud if I had earned the suspension.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You're obviously on their watch list.
Did you ever accidentally tweet anything nice about Trump?

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Update....

My account is now available after sending my dispute right before writing this op.

That was quick... Hmmm

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I'd give you 5 to 10 minutes. It takes that long for shock to wear off and sharing what you said with the other censors. Then...the ban hammer.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Oddly enough I've never been suspended or banned on Twatter. I'm not very nice there either. Only one time in past several years did I receive a warning shot. I made a comment to Pelosi after she tore up the speech. Something about a Russian poison handshake. Can't remember exactly what I said. I only use the service to tell government officials and celebrities to F directly off. Still flying under the radar so far.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It apparently just takes one muppet to report or take issue with your comments and your dead as disco.

Same on the likes of TickToc, and Snap Chat.

Don't use them myself, but my kids fill me in as to the rather draconian tactics they employ.

Facebook is the same, i made a comment about Turkeys voting for Christmas, and got banned for 28 days for my troubles. LoL

edit on 1-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Sadly, saying what you want, how you want, when you want ..can irritate crazies...across the board.

There is no real "free speech". I'm guessing you knew it was possible to be banned anywhere, even here.

"They" own the very "media" we have to expound free speech.

The platforms are "theirs".....sadly, stay well BT🤙

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

When they banned the POTUS both his personal and official channel I knew free speech and different opinions of any kind was totally over on Twitter, I deleted my account. I will longer frustrate myself with that stupidity. Huge echo chamber of lefty ideology.
Twitter will become like Digg on the internet give it a few years...GAB will rise in it place.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Thing is everyone else would have been banned from the same platforms for the same reasons Trump was and a hell of a lot more sharpish ta boot.

Trump dug his own deep grave in that department.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Don't tell me you want your Twitter account back.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I got suspended for calling some doosh a 'pigf-er.'

I didn't know you weren't allowed to say that. Quite a few people got called a 'pigf-er' before they caught me though!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
In today's hypersensitive and PC wakefulness imagine any savvy media company or Fortune 500 company has a person or department solely for scouring their social media daily. After all the wrong type of reply could send down the wrath of the 80 million

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I work for myself and don’t use social media because I can’t keep my mouth shut. It is a testament to the discretion of the mods that I have lasted this long on ATS.

edit on 2021/3/1 by Metallicus because: Spell

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join