It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ships in the Sky - Glitch in the Matrix

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So someone in another thread (different topic) posted about a sighting of a ship-sailing in the sky. I had never heard about a report of a ship sailing in the sky so I started investigating. One of the online sources that I found indicates that there were a number of historical reports of ships sailing in the sky.

This source includes several historical references (jump ahead to the passages shaded in grey). journals.lib.unb.ca...

Just one example:

“ There is yet another thing that will seem most wonderful, which happened in the city that is called Cloena (Clonmacnoise). In that city is a church which is sacred to the memory of the holy man Kiranus. And there it thus befell on a Sunday, when people were at church and were hearing Mass, there came dropping from the air above an anchor, as if it were cast from a ship, for there was a rope attached to it. And the fluke of the anchor got hooked in an arch at the church door, and all the people went out of the church and wondered, and looked upwards after the rope. They saw a ship float on the rope and men in it. And next they saw a man leap overboard from the ship, and dive down towards the anchor, wanting to loosen it. His exertion seemed to them, by the movement of his hands and feet, like that of a man swimming in the sea. And when he came down to the anchor, he endeavoured to loosen it. And then some men ran towards him and wanted to seize him. But in the church, to which the anchor was fastened, there is a bishop's chair. The bishop was by chance on the spot, and he forbade the men to hold that man, for he said that he would die as if he were held in water. And as soon as he was free he hastened his way up again to the ship; and as soon as he came up, they cut the rope, and then sailed on their way out of the sight of men. And the anchor has ever since lain as a witness of the event in that church.”

For those who believe that we might be living in a simulated universe this does sound like the type of glitch that might be seen in an initial version of software (during beta testing).

Attention Please Review
Posting work written by others.

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on 2/26/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Or simply some kind of naturally occurring optical phenomenon like a Mirage.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Maybe they accidentally put the wrong shrooms in their porridge.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Your example is probably a very early example of someone inventing a hot air balloon.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

LoL have you ever seen a mirage dude? Its obviously nothing like what you think.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Maybe they accidentally put the wrong shrooms in their porridge.

That doesn't explain how they all seen the same exact thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Your example is probably a very early example of someone inventing a hot air balloon.

This doesn't explain how the guy that jumped from the ship "swam" down to the church doorway to dislodge the anchor.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Hence the reason i said "like a Mirage". LoL

Ive never seen a lot of things, that dont mean they don't exist or can happen.

Was this Celtic monastery next to the sea per-chance?

If so well that's us back to possible naturally occurring optical phenomenon you "Sea".

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Seems simple when you realize that our atmosphere is like a very loose liquid, like an ocean around the planet.
And the actual seas and oceans are a very dense liquid.
We exist and 'breath' in the loose ocean that we call the atmosphere.
But to aliens, this might be more dense than their normal 'ocean'. And so to them (and their craft), they might be floating up higher where the ocean is less dense.
And when they swim down to the ground to untie the anchor, they need to (like whales), move back up to the top for 'air'.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So the rope was cut and the anchor remained?

I’ve just done a search of this and it appears to be a variant on another story relating to a floating ship.

www.libraryireland.com...

Just a fairytale.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Exactly

there are proven accounts of City Skylines being seen at the horizon...where no City exists in physical reality...

ships and such also appear when rare weather conditions create a visual image that is beyond the curvature of the Earth and 'should not be seen' (according to the laws of physics and the property of light traveling in straight lines !!!

time or dimension warps ?? or mere atmospheric anomalies... i favor the more exotic explanation --->>

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I favour the more exotic explanations myself, but that don't make it so.

As to explanations, well the one that requires the smallest number of assumptions is usually correct one.

Because generally the more assumptions we make, the more unlikely our explanation becomes.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: IAMTAT

This doesn't explain how the guy that jumped from the ship "swam" down to the church doorway to dislodge the anchor.

He was probably on a wire.
If Aliens are still using anchors on ropes...it's likely they aren't advanced enough for interplanetary travel.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Atmospheric temperature inversions can actually project images from elsewhere...especially over water.

Recently saw a science show about a 'ghostly lighthouse' that kept appearing out to sea.
Turns out it was an atmospheric 'projection' from an actual light house many miles away.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A combination of conditions that "mixed" nearby (particle size-wise) dimensions where in that dimension was water in the same physical space as the church was in this dimension. A glitch, but not in the sense of a computer program, just the right combination of natural phenomena..or just a made up story, but the phenomena happens (some of the Bermuda triangle events etc.)

--Falun Dafa Hao
edit on 26-2-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You guys amaze me sometimes. You have all just missed the real story here. How do you think the guy from the ship explained the church and all the people on the bottom of the sea? He probably lost all credibility that day

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That's the spirit.

A bit of perspective.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Chinese and even people in South America were rumored to have manned hot air balloons well before medieval times or the 1700's.

Even Leonardo was messing with hot air balloons.
edit on 26-2-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Aye but people say they are full of hot air.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I love these weird tales. it is as if people either suffered a mass hallucination...but I could not even begin to understand how...or another dimension overlapped into ours.

Beer time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join