It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One sad day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's sad when people loose their jobs... they lose their homes, cars and are forced to live on the streets... or in their cars. It is becoming more prevalent. One cotton mill near where I live also closed down. I don't see the US as a third world country ...yet....but we are getting there.
People choose to not look at the poor in the US it is unpleasant and makes them uncomfortable. So this issue is ignored.
Tax breaks for the wealthy and more tax burdens for the middle class, and one day there will be no middle class because they will have joined the ranks of the poor.
The gap between the poor and the middle class has already started closing.......I agree...something needs to be done, but will the politicians listen? Isn't it all about money and they line their own pockets, those who are rich know who to presuade in government for their own agenda both personal and financial. .....We are being fleeced.....

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am one of those who try my best to feed the homeless. In the city I live in you need a license to feed the homeless.This license is not cheap. I have worked around it but need to sneak and have look outs. Yes I know I could do jail time for it, but I love the people in my city and it would be a sin to watch and do nothing. It has been clear to me for a long time that our goverment dose not care if its people are cold and hungry. America is a ME ME ME country. No not all Americans are ME ME ME some do care. It just seems like there are less who care.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
I am one of those who try my best to feed the homeless. In the city I live in you need a license to feed the homeless.This license is not cheap.

Are you kidding me? That is the most insane thig I have heard.

So cant even give like caned foods? What about money, can you give cash?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
no kind of food stuff can be given, money I have not clue. But think do homeless people have stoves? Well I can say no they don't . So I buy the food in bulk. I clean my kitchen with bleach, and wash my hands with dawn. I cook the food . Fill a clean cool whip bowl with said food put lid on, tape a spork to it . Load up the car drive to where I have seen homeless people. Have my son watch for the cops as I as fast as I can hand out the food.

I try not to give money . My aim is to make sure that they are feed. Money is a evil thing With money they can buy booze or drugs, this way I am sure that it is used for food. Now I am not saying all homeless people use money for drugs and booze.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What kind of place do we live, that we have to pay the state to give food to the people who need it. That is a shame.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Cobra, I encounter these things almost everyday.

It is extremely sad. I've been yelled at by some for handing out all my money to the poor in the streets.
I cant help but think that could be me.
After all, arent we just a payckeck away from homelesness, and hunger?
I feel i am sometimes.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I know that is right.

I have never heard that you couldnt feed the homeless. I like feeding the animals.J/K

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by dgtempe

I know that is right.

I have never heard that you couldnt feed the homeless. I like feeding the animals.J/K

Probably for your own safety, much like a restaurant cannot run without a license. Even though you are giving it away, it could lead to poisoning, law suits, etc. Ahh, America, land of the law-suits.

I think America gives aid to other countries as a trade. You know, hey, we give you all this money, what can you do for us? Now, I still believe in doing this, because you never know when you need someone's help. The starving in our country have nothing to offer the government, I suppose. Also, I doubt we could label our country a third world country, just because we have some starving people.

Another thing to consider is that our own laws restrict us from working enough to keep people fed and alive. One may have to resort to small wages for hard labor, but this is what other countries are doing right now, that keeps us from having jobs. Minimum wage is a killer, companies will leave the country to find a country with little no minimum wage. You can't blame the CEO's only, blame the stock-holders also, who want more profits with little spending. Hey, one of us here could be a stock-holder in these companies... We are all to blame, life is a vicious cycle. It's just good that some of you have hearts to care, but I don't have the time or money myself right now. I'm barely afloat myself. So, I guess we just have to accept that there will be casualties in our quickly changing world.

Another thing to consider for helping... I know of one kid when I was a teen who would take the leftover food at the end of the nigh at the fast food joint we worked at. He would take this food and feed the homeless on his way home. But of course, all food must be thrown away, it's the law. But that's what I am saying. Our own safety laws hurt us more than they help us.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by steggyD]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD So, I guess we just have to accept that there will be casualties in our quickly changing world.

It doesn't have to be that way IMHO. There are ways to avoid casualities, but those ways can cause mental casualities (mass confusion, disorientation etc..). I'm talking about paradigm shifts. A paradigm shift (change in thinking and understanding of how life and this world works) is the only thing that can avoid all of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join