It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever have a dream which was more real than reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

when I wake up to the oppressive grinding solidity of the real life world, I can easily spot the difference.

Exactly! We know this world is solid, grinding, oppressive in many parts, with only the riches of wealth & inherited power being capable of providing you with a semblance of the 'heavenly life'..

In the dreams I discuss, those which are most lucid, pure, organic & spiritually fulfillling, I am certain that it's a glimpse of the REAL world, unlike this oppressive place of illusion run rampant under the jackboot of the masters who are in control of the greatest proportions of the populace.

Therefore there is much in the way of illusion & the shadows of crooked politics & bent justice systems in this world - only great wealth can guarantee that you have 'no obstacles' in a literalist sense, to finding true happiness. However, most ultra-rich people suffer a combination of pride, greed, paranoia & a total lack of empathy. The most fulfilling & spiritually adroit way to live is to live by giving to others, in some way to lighten the burden of the oppressed, in whatever small ways (or big ways) you can, dependent on your material circumstances. There are also spiritual mechanisms in place which operate as teachable moments if one is looking for the divine synchronicity in one's life. Indeed, I would think there is a greater urgency in the appearance of such signs in the lives of the ultra-wealthy, those who would be in a position to do much good in the world, if they would only stretch out their hand to others, healing those who need help, and healing their own inner spirit in the process..

Following legitimate signs, expressing & living out a tolerant & responsible lifestyle - paying attention to authoritative yet compassionate teaching from within the overall body of Christ, the worldwide church of Jesus (which permits all denominations to access their natural, universal fellowship, as long as you are sincere & living according to the best interpretation of a holy lifestyle which you are able to achieve). This is an adventurous way to live, and when you begin to hear the witness of the Spirit within you as your meditate on the Word of God, then you have arrived at the launch platform, from which God desires to take you on a journney of personal spiritual & pragmatic evolution which goes hand in hand with blessing others around you. Always start local & build outwards, caring for the community of which you are a part.

edit on JanuaryThursday2101CST07America/Chicago-060013 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling, editing

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Clearly I'm a committed Christian, but I'm tolerant & open, perfectly happy to fellowship with sincere seekers hailing from any tradition or none.. I offer little thoughts here & there, and I hope that some of what I write can prove encouraging & edifying. I would never presume to consider myself arrogantly as some sort of authoritative 'teacher' - I am a lay member of a local charismatic church, and I have no background in ministry, hence my thoughts are my own, and they may not always be theologically correct. I'm happy to have any discussion with anyone regarding my beliefs, and I don't seek to convert anyone in a heavy-handed manner. I'm optimistic that you'll see me as a fairly decent guy, it is my hope that my broad Christian background (from the Anglican church in the UK, to atheism, to New Age occultism, to charismatic Christian brotherhood/ fellowship) will be seen as an interesting perspective to discuss. Pleased to make your aquaintance!

edit on JanuaryThursday2101CST07America/Chicago-060020 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

How would you even know?

If its any different than the reality we experience, even somehow in intensity, then it would not feel like reality.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, I was thinking about posting my recent dream, because it was one the most, if not the most, vivid dreams I’ve had to date. Contrary to some other dreams I’ve had throughout the years, this recent dream was very realistic.

After returning from a visit to the bathroom, sometime between 3 and 4:30, I got back in to bed, hit the pillow, and almost immediately after laying my head down I first heard something I can only describe as a an increasingly loud rumble that violently shook my house. So much so that, all of a sudden, my whole bedroom started to shake and tilt, my bed was sliding to the right, and shortly before expecting to hit the opposing wall, the entire house started to completly roll over, or so it felt.

The strange thing was that I didn’t do anything to protect or save myself, other than holding on to the bed for dear life. It felt as if I knew what was happening, and that I was powerless and unable to stop the event. All I did was accepting the notion that I could/would die, hold on to the bed, and wait for the “ride” to be over. Strange enough I didn’t panic at all.The dream stopped as abruptly as it started. I remember waking, even though it didn’t really feel like I had slept, and actually expecting to find everything in disarray and the room/house upside down. I remember being somewhat surprised, even a bit disappointed.

All-in-all, a very weird dream.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have very vivid dreams nightly that I remember.
I have a journal that I put special dreams into.
At times, I have these Dreams that occur in the same places.
I have several of those.
The details and events are different but they happen in the same location each time.
I also have one recurring dream that takes place in a Mall Type School. That I get farther in each dream.
Also a weird dream that involves an old house with many rooms and hidden passages.
Most of my dreams involve people who have actually passed away. They are very much alive in my dreams and happy.
Then there are the dreams that have people that I don’t recognize yet they all know me.
These dreams really puzzle me.

A couple of nights ago I was having a very vivid dream and my left knee had a whole in the skin, no blood, but you could see down into the bony structure.

When I awoke from that dream I just wasn’t able to disconnect myself from my DreamWorld.
For a few hours I felt totally disconnected from this world and life. I was kinda of groggy, and kept remembering the dream so sharply.
I really didn’t want to quit dreaming.

I, too, feel that our DreamWorld is something special for those who tune in.
Maybe it is more reality than we assume.
I would love to stay there all the time.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I do have to admit, however, that when I am under the influence of certain serotonin and dopamine boosting chemicals that enhance my ability to recognize patterns I get the feeling that the "enhanced" version is actually closer to real reality than the day to day version. It gives me a different perspective.

From a Gnostic Christian perspective, it's recognizing that this crazy reality created by the demiurge is horrible, but it doesn't stop existence from retaining its underlying patterns of energy that we slip in and out of naturally. Some peace in that, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I had places I'd go to often. I always know when I have been there, and can imagine at will some of the scenery and layout of where I've been. Sad to say it's been a while since I've visited, but it was as memorable as any real-life experience I've had. I'd try to describe it but words just confuse the pictures in my mind and don't convey the feeling of those particular dream-states. I'll revisit this thread after a couple of nights, in the meantime I'll focus on these images before sleep to see if I can conjure up a journey. Look forward to reading more soon!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Some say Life is a dream and death an awakening.

That said?.

Dream's both psychic and purely the brain variety may both be real, the reality we live in is only as we perceive it from our senses and is no doubt far different to what we can perceive for we are blind to what we can not see, deaf to what we can not hear and numb to what we can not feel and those things we can see, hear, feel, smell and taste are only delivered to us by our brains interpretation of our poor senses.

So natural, fully explainable dreams can be conjured up by our subconscious.

Someone mentioned flying, had a few of those but for some reason I could never figure out how to land so would try to land on my belly as I was flying lying down but looking forward, dreams can be really wacky such as landing in the dirt like that so that you actually feel the stones of the ground as you graze over them then wake as you touch the earth in the dream.

Then there are the ones were you find yourself outside of your body as I did once, you are under water but the real world is still there just seen as if through a haze and very deep under an ocean that you can feel the pressure of all around you, you have to fight against the thick water and the pull of something trying to pull you away from your body and downward almost like a current trying to swallow you and every time you reach your body you wake gasping for breath your head hot and almost instant pass out again back into that horrible kind of sleep only to shortly wake again outside, have to walk back through the walls of your house and back to your body proving yourself stronger than the force that is trying to kill you and repeat the whole thing all over again several times until it realized you are not a meal and let's go so that you go into a proper ordinary sleep at that point.

Nightmares like that are common among those that suffer malign paranormal activity or experiences as well as those with psychological trauma and perhaps also illness and delirium.

Sleep paralysis, not so much unable to move as finding your body won't respond and forcing it to move is like forcing a great weight off of you, a struggle then waking once you manage to move in the dream (As if you have shown whatever or whoever you are stronger than them) with similar affects, hot head, breathless gasping for air and feeling so tired you just drift back into a sleep usually with the sleep paralysis episode occurring again perhaps several times, sometimes this can occur for several years in a row to those suffering it and there are several explanations by psychologists and paranormal believer's alike.

The standard psychological explanation does however make some sense, we all go into a state called REM or relative eye movement were we dream a real life scenario in our deep sleep state, to prevent us from sleep walking most of us have a kind of switch in our brain according to this theory that stops us enacting our sleep by sleep walking but sometimes we wake up partially and find our body won't move until the other part of our brain realizes that it has to wake up as well meaning we wake up twice but first our body is still paralyzed, not how I experienced it but hey if it helps those that want that comforting notion that it is just your brain then go with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

"Flying" dreams usually represent sexual repression...

Now THAT having been gotten out of the way, when you dream can you smell? Hear? Taste? See in color? Are you aware that you are in a dream state... are you capable of waking yourself up if needed? Can you read something in your dreams? Can you do math? Can you change the way your dream is going... can you direct the dream?

That is what lucid dreaming used to be... it seems the standard has changed.

A lucid dreamer can change their reality in their dreams.

Simply because your dream state is the only place where what they call your subconscious mind and everything else can connect.

On what they are now calling a "Quantum" level.

Something some people have realized for centuries untold.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Funny you would mention this.

I've been meaning to comment on this thread all day, but I kept getting distracted or tied up. I saw it first thing this morning right after I woke up (the 3rd time). I'd just finished having what was probably the most terrible/horrible nightmare I'd ever had. Strangely, it had nothing to do with current events, but everything to do with past events in my life woven together into every unfinished nightmare I'd ever had in the past...all at once! It was truly horrible! I woke up to a very elevated heart rate and soaring blood pressure, and I was out of breath. All I could say was "OMG, OMG, OMG" over and over again! It was pretty damn bad.

To summarize it here would be too horrific for me to type, but suffice to say it had every near-miss and scrape I'd ever been in go the wrong way, it had dead colleagues who died under tragic circumstances come back to life and conspire against me for no apparent reason, it had loved ones who suddenly went over to the dark side one after the other, and it had every affliction I've ever worried about come to be. It was like every bad thing I could ever think of happening all at once. Truly horrible! Never had a dream like that before.

I'm still not sure what to make of it. It was almost like an epiphany, or an omen, or something. Really scary! (And I ain't skeered of nothin'!) It was THAT bad.

Just to give you a taste of the dream, it ended with my best friend (who passed a couple years ago in a motorcycle wreck) selling me out to the Mexican mafia who were trying to kill me for a drunken bar fight I got into nearly 40 years ago. Bullets where hitting everything right around me from multiple shooters, and I was out in the open with no hope of escape, running as fast as I could (shoulder in a sling, like it is now) with no hope of survival. That's when I got so crazy mad I woke up.

Wife said I wasn't tossing and turning or making any sound before waking up. I wasn't even snoring (I almost always snore somewhat). She said I let out this growling snarl like she never heard before, said it sounded like I was lifting some really heavy weight and suddenly I sat straight up in the bed.

Took me a good half hour to calm down somewhat, but even then I was still amped up to the moon. I actually came to my computer to search the internet for some of the terms from my dream just to see if they were real. It was that vivid and realistic!

Was it real, or was it Memorex? I don't know, but it sure seemed real! No crazy stuff like in some dreams, everything was completely realistic.

Don't really have an answer for the OP, but I thought I'd share a similar experience.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, yes, yes and yes. However, the one thing I notice (very consciously) that I can't do is read things which are written down (for some odd reason). Any writing in my dreams seems to be in hieroglyphics. Somehow I know what it says, but I can't read the words. But math, yes, absolutely.

ETA - Maybe I'll go see if I can have a dream I'm "flying" tonight!! LOL!

edit on 1/21/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yes, yes, yes and yes. However, the one thing I notice (very consciously) that I can't do is read things which are written down (for some odd reason). Any writing in my dreams seems to be in hieroglyphics. Somehow I know what it says, but I can't read the words. But math, yes, absolutely.

I can read a street sign while dreaming.

But reading a book is exactly what you said.

I understand the meaning but there are no words on the page... it is symbols.

Kinda a puzzle, is it not?

And another thing that was brought up here some time ago.... cell phones and phones while dreaming and I worked on it for a few months because of another site I am on.

I can look up something on my cellphone dreaming. (browser).

I can use the calculator.

I can find something on Google maps.

But I can't make a call on my cellphone and have never received one.

Except in my reality, where I logged an average of 72 phone calls a day when I was working.

So you would think if I did it all the time, it should reflect in my dreams.

I can answer a phone (which is a landline) in my dreams.

But I can't call out.

It just doesn't ring.

edit on 21-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Symbols, exactly. Very ornate symbols, but symbols none the less.

I can't recall ever having a dream which involved a phone of any kind, so I can't really say one way or the other on that count. That's equally weird as well, because like you, I'm dealing with calls all day long in my awake state.

You mentioned being able to look up maps. Interesting. I have this thing for maps, I'm a nut about them in awake life (I love geography), and I'm equally nutso about knowing where I am in relation to all the things around me. Maps to me are almost sacred like books. So, in my dreams I have maps I can bring up in my head sort of, it's kind of hard to explain. It's kind of like 'picture-in-picture', if that makes any sense.

ETA - I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I can also remember my dreams in exquisite detail after I awake. I've had a lot of people tell me they can't remember theirs, or if they do only fragments. I knew this gal one time who was really into analyzing stuff. Things like handwriting and body language. She was all into it. She told me being able to remember dreams meant something, but I can't recall what it was.

edit on 1/21/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I brought up phones because of a thread here maybe a year ago? where someone was talking about lucid dreaming but had never remembered ever having a dream about a phone, which they thought was odd because of our interactions with cellphones now.

I am a member of another site which is all about lucid dreaming and what you can do with it.

NOBODY there had ever had a dream which included a phone.. be it a cellphone or a landline phone.

Which was a big flag for us.

So we did an experiment...focus on your cellphone, think about it, go to sleep.

And we played with phones for a few months in our dreams.

To see what happened.

The upshot of it was that we could use our cellphones for a few things... but never as an actual phone.

None of us could dial out, as it were.

It doesn't ring.

A few of us eventually got an occasional call, but never on a cellphone.. on a landline (most of them on a rotary phone).

None of the calls were noteworthy... none of them from dead relatives, or anything.

So we spent months finding out that phones don't work while you are asleep.

We have no explanation for that.

ETA because of your edit...

My dreams sometimes are more real than reality, so I completely understand.

Ever been bruised in a dream?

edit on 22-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I don't have dreams all the time, but when I do they're usually pretty spectacular.

My problem though is, when I do have dreams they're not the way out there bizarro kind where I can just wake up and say "Oh, it was just a crazy dream". My dreams are usually very, very, close to reality. Nothing impossible happens, and worse, sometimes they're not all that exciting. For example, one might be just an ordinary day where nothing strange happens. There are times when I wake up from those and wonder...did that really happen, or was it just a dream? A lot of times they're just permutations of things that really did happen, but in my dream the outcome was different (though one of the real-life possibilities).

The other thing, and this drives me bonkers when it happens, is I will have a dream inside of a dream. Sometimes it's 2-3 layers deep. So, I'll dream that I'm sleeping and having a dream. So, when I wake up from the innermost dream, I'm still actually dreaming in real life. I had this dream once that I was napping, and while napping I had this dream that I fell off a really high ladder. I woke up (in my dream) and thought...'whew, it was just a dream'. Then I went on about my day (in my outer layer dream). Later that day (in my dream) I really did fall off a ladder and I thought...'oh man, now you really did fall off a ladder and bust yourself all up!'. In that instance I couldn't breathe, so I was just laying there hoping someone would show up. But it was all a dream. When I really did wake up I didn't know what the hell was real and what was a dream. I hate those!!

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Not bruised, but got hurt. Had those a number of times. One of them I noted above.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And then I have recurring dreams sometimes. The one which sticks in my mind the most is a dream where I'm in a foreign country (not a friendly one either) and I lose my passport somehow. I usually lose it right before I'm due to leave to go home or to another country. The rest of the dream is just pure anxiety about how the hell I'm going to get out of the country I'm in without going to some gulag somewhere. I've done so much traveling in my career this was always something you paid close attention to anyway, and losing your passport was really bad ju-ju no matter where it happened. This is probably why I dream about it periodically. Plus, working in aviation, you can imagine some of the possibilities dreams might include. One time in one of these dreams I even figured out how to stow away on an international flight, but I couldn't figure out how to get back into the USA (in reality it would probably be not too difficult, but in my dream it was a huge deal).

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Very realistic dreams happen to me quite often. Usually they are fairly mundane. I often dream of work situations where I am performing regular tasks only to wake and realize that I haven’t yet lived that situation but only dreamed about it. The dreams seem to happen in real time. It can be exhausting to realize that you didn’t yet complete a task that you seemingly just spent the last dream day performing.
Some dreams are more enjoyable. I have had the most intense and realistic dreams doing things I enjoy like snow skiing or similar.
I had a very serious bout with Valley Fever a few years back and was suffering from a very high fever for several weeks. I was admitted to the ICU and was very close to death. During this time I have the most vivid memories of beach camping with my family. I can remember almost every detail of what amounts to a weeks stay at the beach. Sometime after I recovered from my illness, I had mentioned the beach vacation to my family and was met with bewildered looks because the vacation apparently never happened. It still confuses me because it seems so real.
Maybe the dream was a coping mechanism to help me through my illness? Maybe it was just a strange dream? Maybe it is a real memory of some other reality where the camping trip happened and the illness did not?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

My most real dream huh? well i lived 20 years in a dream with my future wife,from 2000 yrs in the future. it was the year 2997. the world was decimated in a world war about 2027. humanity lived in isolated pockets after and became kingdoms with old tech and new tech. I met my wife on a mission to assassinate her. Her kingdom was refusing to form a alliance and i was hired out by the kingdom she refused to ally with. I had my own trained squad of killers as well. One of my best men who i taught personally had decided they would liek to run things on their own and wanted to kill me when we went out on mission.

So as normal i use them as back up,but something felt off. I brushed it off as nerves. We were in ambush posistion and i heard the click of a plasma shell rifle being primed,barely got out of the line of fire. it cut the dang tree in half. so we all went at it in a firefight. i nailed the first two with my HV shell rifle,splatterring them all over the woods. Then i heard a limb snapping behind me. I caught a knife in my back,puncturing my left side.
I retorted with my hand cannon as i fell onto the path the target was going to be traveling down. I missed the little bastard and he ran away. I really wish i could had gotten him,because eventually he came back years later to finish the job.

The princess found me in the road,apparently near death and took me back to her kingdom. I woke up in a bed and my hands tied to restrain me. I told her what i was sent to do,and to my surprise she untied my hands and sent her guards away. eventually she grew to trust me,and I her. she loved to fly powered gliders. I was always being teased about my fear of heights.
Year later we had become a couple in secret(or so we thought) but her people saw through that really quick. I was never so mortified as when I was asked by a child of one of the villagers said,So when you and princess gonna have a baby? I was caught so off guard i fell into the river flowing under the bridge i was sitting on. Princess just laughed at me hysterically.

We had twins the next year. two girls. One was named sandra,the other zandra.(nausicaa fan sue me) they were liek rabbits and always on the move. we had windmills in her village. we used them for power and water. i forgot a heavy wrench one day on the roof. It fell and killed sandra instantly. Princess and I were never the same after. We didnt break up though. eventually one day we were ambushed on a humanitarian mission. we died in each others arms as bullets riddled our tent from all directions. At least zandra was back home safe. I didnt go to school for 3 days after that dream,and i had bruises all over me because my mind pulled a make it seem real somewhat moment on me.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I can look up something on my cellphone dreaming. (browser).

I can use the calculator.

I can find something on Google maps.

But I can't make a call on my cellphone and have never received one.

Except in my reality, where I logged an average of 72 phone calls a day when I was working.

So you would think if I did it all the time, it should reflect in my dreams.

I can answer a phone (which is a landline) in my dreams.

But I can't call out.

It just doesn't ring.

I'm no psychologist but it would seem this dream would indicate that you have some underlying frustration about not being heard.

In your "goodbye ATS" thread you told about being on discussion forums a lot and I could understand that you would build up a healthy amount of frustration about people ignoring or not acknowledging you.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join