It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever have a dream which was more real than reality?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi folks,

Wanted to key in a thought I had the other day, to see what you think about the potential implications..

Many of us experience vivid dreams, either those in which we are spectators following a pre-determined path through a narrative with meaning & personal significance (I have these almost every night in some form or another, though often they can be extremely negative, 'sub-lunary' I've heard them called..) Furthermore, I often have dreams in which I 'almost' become lucid - I'm lucid for a few moments at a time, before getting sucked back into the storyline of events..

On other occasions I've had highly lucid dreams - not very often, but when they come I'm aware of a greater majesty in the dream environment, a reality which seems more real, more natural, more 'organic' & spiritually pure, far moreso than our normal waking reality.. As the Apostle Paul said:

"For now we see in a mirror darkly, but then, we shall see face to face"

With the recent bizarre science we've been getting accustomed with, such as the simulation theory, the sub-quantum interconnectedness of all things - I look upon this reality as a world of shadows, as though we could turn around one moment to the next & find it subtly changed, a whisper away from what we had known mere minutes ago.. I look at these dream worlds that we experience, and see that the most elevated dreams are lived out upon a canvas that is far more glorious than what we are accustomed to..

That far country is a wonderful place to visit, and one fine day we will find that in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, we will have stepped from one room into another, we will find a rush of connectedness & an awareness of the deep & spiritual meaning of everything we ever experienced before, and we will be awakened to the future that we all should have been born to, if the world had not been rended in chains for the darkness of what came before.

Tell me about your 'most real' dream experiences, and tell me what you have learned from those you met on the journey - I am curious to know what can be done to increase the likelihood of visiting that place, if such a thing is possible. If not, then I will humbly continue on my path, hoping for the good & enduring the bad, overcoming where the possibility to do so exists. At times I have been held in immaterial chains, stuck with 'jailers' who demand that I follow their logic, as they formed the worlds around me, demanding that I remain under comppulsion. Is there anything I can do to defeat such assaults?

Thanks in advance - I thought a break from politics might be welcome relief. We all need a bit more reality in our lives!

edit on JanuaryThursday2101CST01America/Chicago-060013 by FlyInTheOintment because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Most of them. I can't really tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I'll tell you when I wake up from this nightmare?.

(alright seriously several time's, dream's were you don't want to wake up because you are back with people you love whom are now gone from this world at least in the corporal sense and other dream's that were genuinely disturbing, some more like relived memories were you can see and be but not change anything just relive the experience though note I do not believe in Reincarnation - I do believe in the soul and afterlife however so somewhat of a conundrum for me there, floating away from a crusader as he sat in a kneeling position his sword stuck in the sand dying a big man with blond hair and deep set pale blue eye's and a full over grown beard in rusted mail and a white poncho like cloak with a red cross on it tied at his waist and loose at the back, a young Jewish boy perhaps 12 to 14 he was the man of the house as they had murdered his brothers, father and only his mother and sister and her daughter remained, ran out of the apartment which had very high ceiling's and pre-war furniture onto the landing and down the stairs holding onto the wrought iron bannister then throwing himself feet first into the chest of a man in a dark suit and brown trench coat whom was coming to get them, knocking him over and then somehow getting the bigger man in a headlock from behind but weakening as the boy bled out his last dying thoughts as the man peeled his weakening arm's from his neck was NO!, NO!, NO! because he could not protect his mother, sister and niece, often these dream's involve flying into the crown of the head from far above or floating away from the dying/dead person about a foot or two off the ground).

But remember, while in ancient time's and today many try to interpret dream's they are often just that, dream's.

edit on 21-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
OP...

Have you seen inception?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Hi folks,

Wanted to key in a thought I had the other day, to see what you think about the potential implications..

Many of us experience vivid dreams, either those in which we are spectators following a pre-determined path through a narrative with meaning & personal significance (I have these almost every night in some form or another, though often they can be extremely negative, 'sub-lunary' I've heard them called..) Furthermore, I often have dreams in which I 'almost' become lucid - I'm lucid for a few moments at a time, before getting sucked back into the storyline of events..

On other occasions I've had highly lucid dreams - not very often, but when they come I'm aware of a greater majesty in the dream environment, a reality which seems more real, more natural, more 'organic' & spiritually pure, far moreso than our normal waking reality.. As the Apostle Paul said:

"For now we see in a mirror darkly, but then, we shall see face to face"

With the recent bizarre science we've been getting accustomed with, such as the simulation theory, the sub-quantum interconnectedness of all things - I look upon this reality as a world of shadows, as though we could turn around one moment to the next & find it subtly changed, a whisper away from what we had known mere minutes ago.. I look at these dream worlds that we experience, and see that the most elevated dreams are lived out upon a canvas that is far more glorious than what we are accustomed to..

That far country is a wonderful place to visit, and one fine day we will find that in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, we will have stepped from one room into another, we will find a rush of connectedness & an awareness of the deep & spiritual meaning of everything we ever experienced before, and we will be awakened to the future that we all should have been born to, if the world had not been rended in chains for the darkness of what came before.

Tell me about your 'most real' dream experiences, and tell me what you have learned from those you met on the journey - I am curious to know what can be done to increase the likelihood of visiting that place, if such a thing is possible. If not, then I will humbly continue on my path, hoping for the good & enduring the bad, overcoming where the possibility to do so exists. At times I have been held in immaterial chains, stuck with 'jailers' who demand that I follow their logic, as they formed the worlds around me, demanding that I remain under comppulsion. Is there anything I can do to defeat such assaults?

Thanks in advance - I thought a break from politics might be welcome relief. We all need a bit more reality in our lives!

I dream about my late father quite a lot, never used to when he was alive. I think it's a coping mechanism, because I often find myself saying things to him in my dreams that I would never have dared say to him when he was alive. And when I wake up I feel like I've moved on a little more.

In terms of do they ever seem more real than waking life? Well, we have to define reality. You're entire reality is taking place inside your head (or at least that's where we perceive our consciousness to be), whether you're awake or not, reality seems to be a constant of experience, independent of waking consciousness.

Whilst I'm dreaming, it feels as real as waking life, but its the waking analysis of dreams that makes me feel like the dream was less 'real', but is that a consequence of us recognising that it was 'just a dream', or is a consequence of the experience of time and life progression in waking life, which makes waking life seem more 'real' upon reflection? But saying that, that means we only define real by a set of rules that seem to be constant, like time and entropy.

An analogy - A child raised inside their house with no windows, internet or television until they were 15 might think of the outside world as 'dreamlike' when the door is finally opened, it might seem less real than their entire 15 year upbringing.

Maybe sleep is the door being opened, or rather, the chains being lifted? I don't know, either way I feel like dreaming is in a way just as important as being awake.

Another story from my past (perhaps too unbelievable for some here and that's okay, I think of it as more of a coincidence, but still interesting):

I used to be very unwell when I was around 10 years old, for a couple of years I would spend a couple weeks off from school each month due to being unwell, and with it came hallucinations from all the fevers. One day when I was alone and feverish, I saw lines all over the room, and two faces staring at me, about an inch from my own face, I never told anyone about what I saw until years later. The day I told my dad about what I saw, my mum was on her way home from seeing her friend who never liked coming into our house. When she got home she told me her friend wouldn't come in the house because she could feel 2 spirits there that made her feel uncomfortable, and that our house stood on 'lay lines'. I then took my mum inside and asked my dad to tell her what I had just told him, and we all started crying soon after. We had someone come round to 'help' the spirits (free of charge), and after that I was back to being a normal kid, I didn't spend half my time in bed sick.

Again I can't stress enough that I don't outright believe the woman who wouldn't come in our house, nor the man that came and 'released' the spirits, I just found that to be one of life's big coincidences, but to me at least that experience left me feeling like reality wasn't as all encompassing and complete as we are lead to believe.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I have this recurring dream where I'm running but with every step I am able to jump a little higher until I can glide through the air and am able to control my flight...

No idea what it means but it's amazing!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Too many for me to mention. Usually, I find myself in normal situations and ordinary daily occurrences. The people involved are usually friends or family members I haven't seen or heard from in years or decades.

The common denominator, for me, that seems to produce vivid/lucid dreams is when I eat soft cheeses or peanut butter. When I don't consume either then they don't to occur.

Happy dreaming!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I have repeating themes of trying to fly/ glide in my dreams - I particularly seem to act on that intent every time I become semi-lucid & start trying to control the dream. Sometimes the characters in the dream respond to this by trying to entangle me in the 'dream logic' of the narrative which had been playing out automatically before I started to become lucid. I feel like these negative characters are trying to undermine & damage my spirit by keeping me chained in these weird sequences from which I find it really hard to awaken.. Highly frustrating!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I wish I could analyze my dreams like you guys seem to be able...

Maybe I'm not tuned in enough to recognize stuff like Encia22 noticed with soft cheese or peanut butter.

When I go to sleep...I sleep. I can remember the next morning details like doubting if I can stay in the air, I shouldn't go to high, there is a tree I might hit but that usually fades pretty quick and I have this amazing experience.

Usually happens about every two week or so...

Peace
edit on 21-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
When I was much younger, I'd dream about things that happened before they happened. I still do sometimes.

One summer, I dreamed that I was looking through the eyes, and walking in the body of someone else. He was walking on the ice at the foot of a local dam. (not a huge dam, but where I live, It hardly ever gets cold enough to freeze that hard.). I/he fell through the ice and drowned. When I woke up from that one, my stomach was doing flips. I ran to the bathroom to vomit, and what came up was cold water.

In January, we had something like 17 consecutive days of temperatures and high wind, which brought the chill factor to -0's. Some guy thought it was a good idea to go to that dam, and walk around on the ice. he fell through and drowned. That was at least 6 or 7 months after I had my dream. The only thing I knew about the guy was what I'd heard on the news. The only association I can think of, is that me and my friends camped and fished down around that dam.

None of the dreams I had that ended up happening, were for the better. I'd like to dream the guy that won a lottery, or found treasure or something.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
All my life I've had recurring dreams of living on another planet where I'd wake up feeling the worst homesickness for most of the day. These dreams were the most vivid to the point I remembered each as a place on a map and the details of which roads interconnected to other towns and memories of being in them. There were weather anomalies, unlike Earth, such as a permanent vortex in one ocean and the government system was different even. A recurring theme throughout was particular houses all radically different and all calling me to stay.

The dreams stopped permanently after I dreamt that I showed my boyfriend and kids around being their tour guide and knowing I shouldn't have.

One day, shortly after that, I realized that the house I now live in (which was intentionally built asymmetrical and dreamlike) was almost exactly the same as one I had visited in my dreams and longed to stay in.

The realness of it is still very weird to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Longing for home, for a safe place were thing's were better are often deep seated psychological motivations for our subconscious to create such reality's into which we can escape at least while we sleep.

Some doozy's here for you, a very long time ago another world that while it was blue and green with white cloud's had no poles, an ancient mostly no longer geologically active ocean world were the only land was the rim's of ancient craters that formed archipelago's many larger than Japan or the British Isles that swept in curves above the global ocean.

The world is under occupation by an army of evil being's, they look like humans as do the resident's but neither is as they are both ancient races, the occupying people are like clones all identical to one another and only of one gender or NON but male in appearance they are a militaristic race intent upon domination and control of the universe, the occupied race whom look a little more human, you would not see them as aliens if you saw them as they were damn near identical - were an ancient people whom had once travelled far among the stars back when both they (there race) and there world were much younger, they had become more and more peaceful and gentle adopting an agrarian view of life and art as there means of expression before returning to there home world or it's colonies and eventually losing contact since they no longer travelled the ocean's of space but lived peacefully on there world.

The occupying force had them living in fear and under a curfew were they feared even the sight of these occupiers whom could kill them on a whim, they secretly began to build ship's from what little of there ancient knowledge they still retained and with limited resources all the time under the occupying forces noses, the occupiers were not intent on staying but were searching for something in the planet left over from the long distant past when this race had been more advanced and outgoing.

The occupying force left but they left a device to destroy the planet at it's core and so time was running out and as the planet blew up - literally exploding from inside out - these ship's they had made, a long almost space shuttle like fuselage and white but more sleek with a triangular aspect and of course no wing's if looked at from the front or the back with three engines that somehow condensed space time so that near to the engines time moved very slowly, it moved slightly faster near at the pilots position/control area at the nose but still much slower than outside, over a very great time these craft moving in group's of three moved outward in all directions from there destroyed home world until the one I was piloting now an ancient man when at the start of the journey I had been young with children sleeping in bunk's right beside the engines whom had barely aged at all reached a world, we changed that world turned it's green sky's blue and settled it but not without a fight as already on that world a small colony of the same race that had long before destroyed our world had already settled there, they did not have children but were somehow cloned or created but we were very much like humans but had much more powerful soul's and psychic ability's that only really awakened when our home world had been destroyed as if the trauma stirred it within us, the change we worked on that new world was with out psychic ability's not technology but there was definitely also ancient knowledge and it was as if the entire soul of our entire world was within us, that said just a dream, a very vivid dream that spanned three separate very long dream's over three night's.

Another dream seeing the stone ship in Turkey that many believe is Noah's Ark (I believe George Hagopians account though noahsark.it... ) as a long double ended ship with a low central house on top running it's length, darkness filled it and it was for some reason terrifying to see it, it was floating very low in the water as the waves nearly washed over it's sides and it felt wrong under a very dark grey sky and constant rain, the experience was like seeing through the eyes of a corpse floating atop the water as it floated past and almost ran the seer over.
It was white hulled and the house was bare wood with two windows and a central door at the front all open and filled with an overpowering darkness.
en.wikipedia.org...

Dreams of Noah's ark even science fiction versions are not however uncommon, many UFO experiencers have recounted visions supposedly given them by aliens of the earth exploding or being destroyed, there is something very profound about it and then remember we live in the Star Wars age were many of us watched our favourite fantasy princess lose her home world when governor Tarkin ordered the death star to fire on it.
edit on 21-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I get them quite frequently. As in atleast twice a month, I'll have such a lucid dream that when I wake up, I literally need to spend the next day grounding myself.

Like, instead of going on with my regular routine, I'll have this urgency to get back to where I was.

It's hard to explain, but it can be very life disrupting.

Edit: I do recall that, in my dreams there is always one person or entity that stands out.

Like imagine walking in time square, people everywhere, no one paying attention. But there is always this one who stands out, looking at me. Always get this impression that it's been watching me for a long time and is waiting.

Actually, that's how I found ATS. Looking for some insight in these seemingly more than real moments in dreams.

I just decided to call it The Lady in Red (Nothing to do with the clothing, just aura)
edit on 1/21/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I had a very vivid dream that scared the bejesus out of me... it kind of crossed from dream to reality.

Fun fact... you generally aren't supposed to remember your dream. Typically, if you remember your dream you weren't in deep enough sleep.

Anyway, I was having some dream and then in the dream, I was having a heart attack or something. I just remember thinking I am dying and I am not ready. It wasn't like any other dream where you die and wake up immediately. I mean it was like I was really dying. I just remember panicking and having to fight to wake up.

I eventually did wake up all freaked out. I realized what happened was that my airway was blocked. I have sleep apnea and didn't used my CPAP that night. I was sleep but I wasn't breathing and I guess it was to the point that I literally was kind of dying and it some how transferred into my dream.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I have this recurring dream where I'm running but with every step I am able to jump a little higher until I can glide through the air and am able to control my flight...

No idea what it means but it's amazing!!

Peace

Holy crap! I have that dream at least once a year. Like hopping then gliding in the air.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

And it really is like Nivhk says, the next day I need about half a day to convince myself that physics don't allow for this to work. I have even found myself tempted to try it and maybe just maybe it's just a mind over matter thing...

Haven't tried it though....lol

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My reality is not all that real to begin with, but I can't recall a dream where I thought it was more real than my waking life. Of course, that might not have been the case while I was in the dream. But when I wake up to the oppressive grinding solidity of the real life world, I can easily spot the difference.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Had 100's it's no joke, I had a dream the other day with me in it, but i was there to tell myself that I was in a dream. But he whole time my daytime consciousness/ego was talking controlling the dream like basically some new science n #. It was so fricking real. *breathes*

My flying dreams are also lucent , so that's nice 👌🏼
edit on 21-1-2021 by FinallyAwake because: Lucent

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I must say that I concur with your sentiment regarding the need for 'recovery' following on from a particularly vivid or meaningful, or stressful dream.. It interrupts my psyche, causing me to kind of forget where I'm up to with current life plans, interferes with planned activities, and causes me to become rather distracted & incapable of carrying on 'as usual'. Similarly to yourself, it takes a half or full day to shake this feeling & the sense of disconnection - it's like my soul journey is literally interrupted & disrupted, as though these many dreams are deliberate psycjological warfare, designed to keep me 'dazed & confused' rather than organised & solid in my outlook.

I found it interesting with the other poster who mentioned that perhaps a sleep which is not deep enough is the cause of strong memory recall regarding my dreams. I dream vividly every night without fail, and if I can somehow learn to sleep deeper, perhaps my subconscious can do its job without me crashing the party & trying to interpret everything from a lucid, waking state of consciousness, albeit dazed & confused.

To everyone else, some great replies, thanks - I will read through carefully & get round to some reploes soon, some really interesting thoughts here to discuss..

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Something was chasing me. Something very bad. I ran towards a rotting old wooden shack. As I slammed the door behind me I heard something thud against the wood. I held it shut. Managed to secure it and ran further into the building. I could see red light and flames through cracks in the walls. Then I heard a scrabbling sound on the wall boards and I found the stairs. I ran up them, into a dusty old room. Another flight of steps took me to the attic. One window. I could hear claws on wood, hear laboured breathing.

I looked out of the window and down. I froze. Crawling up the wall towards me was me, burning, blistered and blackened, but the face and eyes were mine. I screamed, jumped from the window eluding flailing claws and ran. I was running towards a huge, wide canal. The water of the canal was black and clogged with debris, but a white cruise ship was heading towards me and those gathered on the decks implored me to jump. I did jump, and as I jumped I saw a city skyline behind the ship, burning and collapsing in to ruin. The me hunting me froze onthe bank of the canal and howled. Somehow I made it to the ship and was hauled on board. A lady spoke to me then and said, ‘it’s gone, it’s all gone’.

I woke up. Dreamt that probably 20 years ago, but it’s as fresh now as it was then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join