It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John 8:24 I AM He.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Adam (male being spiritual) is the I AM which is purely spiritual. Whilst Eve (female being corporeal) represents our physical being. Our freedom of choice is to exist as the altruistic I AM or to exist as the egotistical mind. The mind eventially dies but the I AM does not. That does not infer we cannot use our mind for pratical purposes (non forbidden fruits).

Therein lays the problem which is the denial of the NT teachings. I am led to believe that you do not accept the teachings of Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob as well as the Apostles of the Christ Jesus.

Adam became a corrupt creation who in turn perished as the progenitor of procreation. In the Orthodox Judaic religion Adam was judged the same as all flesh is judged at death.

Exodus_3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Is this to say that "I Am" was then Adam? How can this be?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

God created "man" in his own image. So if you state Adam is corrupt you are also inferring God is corrupt. God is perfection so Adam must exists in a state of perfection as well. Adam is the microcosm of the unmanifested macrocosm that we label God... "God's Spirit dwells within" in Corinthians 3:16

When Jesus spoke from the I AM he said "I and the Father are one."(John 10:30) because in that state there is no seperation. When Jesus spoke from the mind he said "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God (Mark 10:18)". So contradictions are not contradictions if you believe that ones true self, the I AM, existing within, is made in Gods image. Whilst our false self, that of our ego-mind, will surely die in sin.

The ego-mind rejects God because it is the serpent. The serpent will reject anything that threatens its dominance. Thus NT was written for two audiences.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Never before has so much been written that is nonsensical. In Roman times Paul told Christians not to act like the people of the nations, who “walk in the unprofitableness of their minds.” (Eph. 4:17, NW) Just how sadly unprofitable some of the writings of those minds must have been we can imagine from a discovery at Pompeii. It was the custom back then to write on the walls of buildings. Some shrewd reader and commentator of the writings of others had written on a wall in Pompeii the following in Latin: “It is a wonder, O wall, that thou hast not yet crumbled under the weight of so much written nonsense.”

Internet forums like ATS are much like the walls in Roman times. And often that last phrase pops into my mind when reading ATS' threads and commentary. Especially in threads like this one where the phrase “I AM” is used in a way that is so far removed from any kind of coherent sensible use of the English language (and English language syntax), that I can't help but exclaim:

“It is a wonder, O ATS, that thou hast not yet crumbled under the weight of so much written nonsense.”

No offence (intended).
edit on 30-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Ephesians 4:17, NIV: "So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking."

The above sounds pretty similar to the below.

Zen Buddhist expert Daisetz T. Suzuki emphasized:
“To us Orientals . . . there is no God, no creator, no beginning of things, no ‘Word,’ no ‘Logos,’ no ‘nothing.’ Westerners would then exclaim, ‘It is all nonsense! It is absolutely unthinkable!’ Orientals would say, ‘You are right. As long as there is at all a “thinking” you cannot escape getting into the dilemma or the bottomless abyss of absurdity.’”

How do you feel about that? Do you wish to believe in something that is admittedly “nonsense” if a person uses his thinking ability? In your own experience have you found that thinking leads only to “dilemma or the bottomless abyss of absurdity”? Are you more successful in coping with the problems of life when you refrain from thinking?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   

edit on 30-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

God created "man" in his own image. So if you state Adam is corrupt you are also inferring God is corrupt. God is perfection so Adam must exists in a state of perfection as well. Adam is the microcosm of the unmanifested macrocosm that we label God... "God's Spirit dwells within" in Corinthians 3:16 When Jesus spoke from the I AM he said "I and the Father are one."(John 10:30) because in that state there is no seperation. When Jesus spoke from the mind he said "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God (Mark 10:18)". So contradictions are not contradictions if you believe that ones true self, the I AM, existing within, is made in Gods image. Whilst our false self, that of our ego-mind, will surely die in sin.

According to Moses in the Genesis account God did create a man and that man was Adam. That was the only man that God created in the Genesis account. Yes God did create Adam from the substances of earth and in the image of the Creator. Adam was not corrupt at this time but when Adam was found to have sin and the earth was cursed was when Adam's substance changed from a light bearing creature to a terrestrial creature who then must perish. All of this creation that we now live in is created from earth and when the earth was cursed it pertained to all of this 2nd creation of earth.

The scriptures are correct as it tells us that Adam was created in God's image and a portion of His likeness [spirit] but Adam did not dies sinless. Adam died in grace but still paid the penalty of his sin which was death. Now you stated that " So if you state Adam is corrupt you are also inferring God is corrupt". No that is not what the scriptures tell us. If Adam was in the state of perfection while in the terrestrial body then he would not have died for his sin simply because there would not have been the curse of death [earth]. Adam was created sinless but died in sin because of the curse.

ADAM V " CHUAH RI ' SHON ----by Ezra the Scribe in his 4 Esdra work.
Chapter 13 -- verse 6 - 7 ------
And on you, O Adam, while in my garden and obedient to me, did that bright light rest also. But when I heard of your transgression, I deprived you of that bright light. Yet of my mercy, I did not turn you into darkness, but I made your body of flesh over which I spread this skin, that it may bear cold and heat.

The most common error that most make in this subject is that only the image [earth] was cursed. The likeness [spirit] was not cursed because a portion of the likeness [Spirit] was given by the Spirit God and not created from earth. Adam was indeed created in the image of his Creator but from that point of the curse to this day there has never been a person created in the image of God. We are procreated in the image of the last Adam. To say that we are in God's image and in His likeness would be to say that God has sin.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I dareso claim that God was the first to sin, in creating Life as we understand it.

This cycle of Life and Death, it is of a Sinful nature.

Sin is Sound, Silence is Harmony.

And yet, our task, I believe, is to return to Harmony whilst in our current form.

Can we not see examples of harmonious relationships in our current state of life?

Look to music alone; we create harmonies worthy of the Divine, I dare so claim.

And so, through Sin, we may claim our own Salvation.

I believe, this was the intended purpose of our creation.

To return to a pure state of Harmony, through Sin, I think.

Alas, I am but a Man attempting to make sense of the nonsensical.

Surely many will think me a Fool, but I am a fool no more I say.

Is it not our destiny to return to the divine, from our mortal state?

^_^

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Judiasm believes that the Creator has no body, no genitalia, is neither male or female. So the image of God is seen as spirtual (labelled as male) which is distinct from the material world (labelled as female). God created Adam our spirtual nature prior to creating Eve our material side - “tzela” of Adam (side of Adam). So I strongly suggest to you that Genesis is a blueprint of creation. Not a story about a man and woman that were given a fruit tree cursed by talking serpents. Obviously symbolism had to be used so the uneducated could relate to the creation story in more familiar terms. Adam representing a person to keep in harmony with that literal view.

If you believe Adam is corruptable then you believe the Creator is corruptable. If you believe that Adam died, you believe the Creator can die. God created Adam in His perfection. There is nothing that can corrupt the Creator nor is there anything that can corrupt Adam. Both exist in absolute perfection as one (John 10:30).

"To say that we are in God's image and in His likeness would be to say that God has sin."
There exist two natures within us (Adam and Eve). Adam can never sin, but the serpent can certainly convince Eve to sin. So the choice is to live in the will of the Father (Adam) or in the will of the mind (Eve).

"The most common error that most make in this subject is that only the image [earth] was cursed"
The ultimate purpose of creation is to experience absolute truth within our sensations. We cannot know forgiveness unless we experience the most horrendous crimes done against our being. We cannot know love without experiencing hatred. So great is Gods love for us that He created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (entire universe) so we could experience absolute truth in our sensations. When we have experienced all that can be experienced the attraction of the material world becomes thinner. We then recieve an inner desire to start seeking our higher being.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Judiasm believes that the Creator has no body, no genitalia, is neither male or female

Not true at al according to Moses and the apostle John. The Most High El does have a a body called The Word. The Word is the creator while The Most High gives the spirit of life to the creation.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The Word is the image of The Most High and all of our two creations came through The Word.
John 1:1-3
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God is what He wants to be without limitations. In this creation He is The Word. God can have many appearances and in this creation He is the incarnated Word called Jesus.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

How can you state its not true. The Word existed before creation so clearly the Word has no physical form. If physical form is the word then both Adam and Eve would have been made in the image of God. But scripture does not say that. It states Adam was made in the image of God so it is equating Adam to the unmanifested nature of God.

He is the incarnated Word called Jesus.

Why are you ignoring scripture that doesn't agree with that belief .... "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.". You say "God is what He wants to be without limitations." but what you are really saying is God can only be what you believe him to be.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." ... Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

If I am right, then all your "lord, lord" beliefs are for nothing. "Lord, Lord" is from mind. The "will of the Father" is distinct from mind. One is Eve, the other is Adam. "Adam" or "Jesus" being labels for the I AM that exists in the temple within.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join