It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John 8:24 I AM He.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

John 8:24 "...For If you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Many people believe John 8:24 is confirmation that only those that believe in Jesus will be saved. They fail to grasp its true meaning. That Jesus was stating what many beiieve is the best description of GOD - "Tat Tvam Asi" or "Thou Art That".

"I AM he" is "Thou Art That"

The "I AM" is our seat of conciousness. Only those that believe they are "I AM" will be saved. Those that believe they are a projection of mind (in your sins) will surely die. The "I AM" is the doorway to the Fathers will. We must enter that doorway before death or die in our sins (of mind).

I have been given a small taste of the I AM and accept that as the absolute truth. But to be saved I must conquer the seat of all my sins - my minds false identity of self. I realize God doesn't exist in the minds dreams of yesterday or tomorrow. God only exists in the NOW. So I tackle the false identity of mind with my Fathers will. By breathing in nature. Realizing nature and all things, are God.

The Gospels were written to people that believed their true identity was their mind. Advanced training was only given to those that recognized the truth amoungst the lies. That taining has been lost in time. But people with knowledge can still help us today. A book called "The Power of Now" by "Eckhart Tolle" is an excellent primer.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Our I AM, our seat of conciousness, is not generated by nueron activity. It exists in the image of the Father. It will continue to exist long after our body and mind returns to the dust from which it was made. Our destiny depends on whether we choose to exist as the destructuble mind or the indestructuble I AM.

I wish I could impart truth to your awareness but know that truth will only be apparent to those that can accept the truth. Those that believe their self is mind will continue to deny the truth. They will continue to deny God. Their mind will not allow its strangle-hold on that illussion to die without a fight.

Thou Art That
I AM He.

Love

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Isaiah 14:13-15
King James Version
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Most of all.
Genesis.

For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

You have deceived yourself. Repent.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Excellent thread good-Glend !

Maybe the 'I AM' : is where all religions, philosophies, and deep thoughts congregate ?

Like a convergence, where folks have no more argument ?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

But what is sin? We can eat from every tree except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil .... we shalt surely die.

So sin is not defined as either eating good, nor eating evil. Sin is defined as the act of "eating" from that tree. Our existance iis defined by a self that see's dualities (good and evil) in Gods creation. Do you see similarity between the tree and the self that see's good and evil. That self is created by mind. Our mind is the tree of good and evil. Whilst we eat from the mind we will surely die.

Our true self is that which is distinct from mind.

Thou Art That
I AM He.

Love

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thank you Nothin. I actually saw you mention "Thou Art That" in another thread which instigated this thread somewhat (so its your fault if I get burnt as a witch). I do feel a similar message exists all the major religions. Perhaps religions were written for different cultures and tastes. So people can relate more readily to scripture. Our false self loves tribalism as you know.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Oh noes !! Responsibility !!! LoL !!

If that is attempted : will help you put-out the fire, somehow...

Supposed philosopher 'Jed McKenna' said that the 'I AM' from Descartes' Cogito was usually misunderstood as affirming the false self.

He saw it as much deeper, and went so far as to call it "The only Truth".
In other words : all one can know, is this instance of consciousness.

How would that relate to your OP, and "Tat Tvam Asi" or "Thou Art That", and John 8:24 - "I AM He". ?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

John 8:24 "...For If you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Many people believe John 8:24 is confirmation that only those that believe in Jesus will be saved. They fail to grasp its true meaning. That Jesus was stating what many beiieve is the best description of GOD - "Tat Tvam Asi" or "Thou Art That".

"I AM he" is "Thou Art That"

The "I AM" is our seat of conciousness. Only those that believe they are "I AM" will be saved. Those that believe they are a projection of mind (in your sins) will surely die. The "I AM" is the doorway to the Fathers will. We must enter that doorway before death or die in our sins (of mind).

I have been given a small taste of the I AM and accept that as the absolute truth. But to be saved I must conquer the seat of all my sins - my minds false identity of self. I realize God doesn't exist in the minds dreams of yesterday or tomorrow. God only exists in the NOW. So I tackle the false identity of mind with my Fathers will. By breathing in nature. Realizing nature and all things, are God.

The Gospels were written to people that believed their true identity was their mind. Advanced training was only given to those that recognized the truth amoungst the lies. That taining has been lost in time. But people with knowledge can still help us today. A book called "The Power of Now" by "Eckhart Tolle" is an excellent primer.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Our I AM, our seat of conciousness, is not generated by nueron activity. It exists in the image of the Father. It will continue to exist long after our body and mind returns to the dust from which it was made. Our destiny depends on whether we choose to exist as the destructuble mind or the indestructuble I AM.

I wish I could impart truth to your awareness but know that truth will only be apparent to those that can accept the truth. Those that believe their self is mind will continue to deny the truth. They will continue to deny God. Their mind will not allow its strangle-hold on that illussion to die without a fight.

Thou Art That
I AM He.

Love

The concept is very murky and convoluted! But that language in general!

So what you are trying to say in KJV language is by accepting that you are a part of god. Yeah pretty standard stuff! However you jump into the mind that gets interesting if I’m not mistaken it would sound like
consciousness Is the enemy! That individuality that people believes makes them who they are is what causes sin! Even the positive traits?

What about brain dead vegetables are they some how more holy? Ps I’m not mocking you I’m simply only using what examples of people without consciousness I have?

Or did I miss the Mark completely?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I believe your ingenious reading is a mistranslation.
If he had really meant "that thou art", he would have had to say SU EI.
Your interpretation only works by implicitly adding quotation marks, which the Greeks did not use.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Descartes argument that conciousness is derived from thought assumes that conciousness can be derived from thought. Clearly in a non-spiritual sense that is the only assumption one can make to explain conciousness. Descartes conciousness is sometimes inferred to the false self but Descartes was identifying pure conciousness in his assumptions. Which might be what Jed McKenna's was pointing out (I have not read any his books).

The indian philophersers took it one step further. Can conciousness exist without thought or any other sense stimuli. They were the line of philosophers that wrote "Tat Tvam Asi". The I AM existing beyond thought is gateway to temple that includes all non-local thought (All I AMs are from a single external source, thus joined).

The Father witnesses ALL.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

Not completely.

If you identify your self as mind then mind is the master
If you identify your self as spirit then mind is the slave...

Thus the saying.... The mind is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.

As long as mind exists, Individuality must exist. Without mind we are not going to walk very far. So its not a contest between mind or spirit but a blending of mind into spirit and spirit into mind.

Those that wholy exist as mind (eat from the tree) die. Which also has purpose else would not exist.

What about brain dead vegetables are they some how more holy?

Thou are also that. So if that is holy then all thou's are also holy, no.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Do you also believe Mark 10:18 "So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God" is also a mistranslation? Yet 'that thou art' doesn't conflict with either. Double entendre was used in spiritual text to hide deeper spiritual meanings. Until they were ready to hear a greater truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
'I am' does not belong to anyone......there is no 'your' or 'our' I am.

'I am' is a statement of existence.

Are you or are you not?
(the answer is 'I am')

You will never find 'I am'.

How can what is be found?

Existence is.

No one can accept the truth.......because there is just what is happening (no things separate).....

There exists only the present instant... a Now which always and without end is itself new.
Meister Eckhart.

edit on 27-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

"there is no 'your' or 'our' I am"

Very good point.

"No one can accept the truth.......because there is just what is happening (no things separate)"

I don't think duality allows for absolute truth. Like theory of relativity everything is relative to observer in this realm.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

edit on 28-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I am He.

As are You, and We.

Nature, Love, Light; that is All.

^_^

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Thank you iammrhappy86.

God it seems is full of pronouns I, He, You, We
Yet God remains one without a second.

So from our mind we could say, I am nothing. Yet from our heart we could say, I am everything.

The seperation between nothing and everything is our free choice. With some that seperation is a thin veil. With others that seperation is as big as this world.

I write this not for you but those that might mistake our words for egoism.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think therefore I am, yet, am I.

While "none may not see the father unless through me" is what the Son said. I've always been stuck about the the Christian Trinity, an what the actual relationship could mean.

From what I could guess, three different parts of the same whole, and relating to said Human Condition. Just what is what, is the father the mind while son is the body, or is the body the father the body, while the son is the mind. While the spirit is the finer parts of it all.

While ether way both are said to be miraculous.

edit on 16-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

No-one knows God. We can only say that God is the mysterious unknown at the roots of all things (macrocosm). The son represents the tiny spark of the Father that exist inside each one of us (soul is the microcosm of the macrocosm).
With the Holy Ghost being the light (cosmic energy) that maintain's all of creation. That being the innate mind of God.

But the innate mind of God should not be considered to be grapsing like that of the human mind. A very old book written by Marguerite Porete called "The Mirrors Of Simple Souls" explains its nature. It can be downloaded from here in pdf format.

"none may not see the father unless through me"
It means we can only seek the Father through our soul. When we move our being to our soul the holy ghost will allow more light to enter. Allowing our nature to align with the macrocosm of the Father.

"While ether way both are said to be miraculous."
100% agree

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88
No one comes to the Father except through me.” Jesus saith unto him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.

It does not say that the Father will ever be seen.

The son is the seen and the father is the seer.........but they are not two......appearing/seeing are one.

Here and now is all there is......it is the life......the truth.....the way.

What is is.

Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.

But he said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”

You think you are living.......but when God is realised you find that it is not your life.....no separate lifes.
edit on 17-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   
One without a second is all there is.
No-thing appearing to happen.
edit on 17-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join