It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Mr. President.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
That is incorrect. He has stated all along the balance will go the charity. Well, that is if any is left over after atty fews.

THAT is not true. Mr. Schiavo offered to give his inheritance to charity only if her parents would agree her starvation, an agreement he knew they would reject. Details here: www.terrisfight.org....

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
WashingtonPost.com

In a memo distributed only to Republican senators, the Schiavo case was characterized as "a great political issue" that could pay dividends with Christian conservatives, whose support is essential in midterm elections such as those coming up in 2006.

DailyKos

This is an important moral issue and the pro-life base will be excited that the Senate is debating this important issue," said the memo, which was reported by ABC News and later given to The Washington Post. "This is a great political issue, because Senator Nelson of Florida has already refused to become a cosponsor and this is a tough issue for Democrats."

It's officially political now.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
News flash...everything that happens in Washington is political. At least it's all for a good cause in this case IMHO.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
A huge thank you to our President Bush for cutting short his vacation to Get to Washington to sign the bill for saving a life. From all the Terri Schiavo supporters...we thank you

I'm throwing a donut.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A huge lemon Chiffon pie is better.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
THAT is not true. Mr. Schiavo offered to give his inheritance to charity only if her parents would agree her starvation, an agreement he knew they would reject. Details here: www.terrisfight.org....

Come on now what do you expect the site to say? They are biased from the get go.

Edit to modify last statement.

Yes I just read their claim and the letter does seem to support what you stated, however that really changes nothing. I think what we are seeing is what one might call legalize. The stipulation only makes sure what he stated would happen nothing more in my mind.

Also the reason they rejected it is because why? Because they wanted the money, ergo, their motives are money not her welfare as they claim.

[edit on 3/20/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't have time to read all of these yet, but I too want to pass my thank you along, although I can understand the husbands position, I do not agree with it.

Thank You Mr. President.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This thread is about the president and the republican party and a few ignorant democrats overruling the states right to determine what's right and what's wrong. This political grandstanding threatens the states rights on anything the majority feels the states shouldn't be doing.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by kazi]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I don't have time to read all of these yet, but I too want to pass my thank you along, although I can understand the husbands position, I do not agree with it.

Thank You Mr. President.

Be sure and thank him for killing this Texas baby on Tuesday too. He signed the law making this possible. Against the Mother's wishes, the hospital killed the baby last week. Was this on the news? Did Bush save the day? Or did not one of the Terri crowd say a word?

HoustonChronicle
Baby dies after hospital removes breathing tube
Case is the first in which a judge allowed a hospital to discontinue care

Is Bush going to save us from his law now too? Ya'll are some warm fuzzy fools.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
^ After reading Rant's comments, I've decided to take that donut back, albeit half-bitten.

[edit on 3-20-2005 by websurfer]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, Rant, you're digging up stuff i never saw. I'm disgusted. Very disgusted.

Where was the publicity on that baby?

I feel like a schitzo tonight...I say one thing then i see something you post and i want to take it back.
Thanks for all the information Rant, please dont hold anything back. I think we should have it all.

Why was that baby allowed to die?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Be sure and thank him for killing this Texas baby on Tuesday too. He signed the law making this possible. Against the Mother's wishes, the hospital killed the baby last week. Was this on the news? Did Bush save the day? Or did not one of the Terri crowd say a word?

Baby dies after hospital removes breathing tube
Case is the first in which a judge allowed a hospital to discontinue care

Is Bush going to save us from his law now too? Ya'll are some warm fuzzy fools.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by RANT]

Good find Rant I was not aware of that case. Thanks for posting it

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

A huge thank you to our President Bush for cutting short his vacation to Get to Washington to sign the bill for saving a life. From all the Terri Schiavo supporters...we thank you

Yes, thank you Mr. President, for yet another flagrant abuse of office. It's nice that you could do your brother a favor and prolong the suffering of a woman who's been a vegetable for 15 years, while circumventing every court in the land, including the state supreme court, and denying the woman of her wishes, as legally ordained by her spouse. You people cheer this kind of political wrangling and overriding of the Judicial branch by the Executive branch???

Cheer if you want, but personally I'm apalled that such gross oversteps of the powers of office have been so easily accepted by the public. Amazing that the Christian crusade to prolong this woman's agony can result in a bill being passed ASAP, when a bill affecting millions languishes in committee...

Yes, bravo Mr. President....bravo....

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
thankyou mr. president, congress and everyone else involved in this injustice. thank you for again taking an individuals rights away from them. thank you for the attemps you are making to circumvent our God given right to choose for ourselves. thank you for turning this country into a place where peoples rights and freedoms do not matter anymore--unless it wins a vote or makes you and your buddies more money.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I smell civil war due to this.

*sniff* The natives are restless and rightfully so.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I smell civil war due to this.

*sniff* The natives are restless and rightfully so.

Watching the spectacle on CSPAN? Ah, what a lovely emergency session of Congress to convene on this PALM SUNDAY to pray.

Anyway, it's all blowing up. I'm cheering the Republicans screaming at the busy body NeoCons they're out of their minds.

And the net's going crazy mad...
Digby

By now most people who read liberal blogs are aware that George W. Bush signed a law in Texas that expressly gave hospitals the right to remove life support if the patient could not pay and there was no hope of revival, regardless of the patient's family's wishes. It is called the Texas Futile Care Law. Under this law, a baby was removed from life support against his mother's wishes in Texas just this week. A 68 year old man was given a temporary reprieve by the Texas courts just yesterday.

Those of us who read liberal blogs are also aware that Republicans have voted en masse to pull the plug (no pun intended) on medicaid funding that pays for the kind of care that someone like Terry Schiavo and many others who are not so severely brain damaged need all across this country.

Those of us who read liberal blogs also understand that that the tort reform that is being contemplated by the Republican congress would preclude malpractice claims like that which has paid for Terry Schiavo's care thus far.

Those of us who read liberal blogs are aware that the bankruptcy bill will make it even more difficult for families who suffer a catastrophic illness like Terry Schiavo's because they will not be able to declare chapter 7 bankruptcy and get a fresh start when the gargantuan medical bills become overwhelming.

And those of us who read liberal blogs also know that this grandstanding by the congress is a purely political move designed to appease the religious right and that the legal maneuverings being employed would be anathema to any true small government conservative.

Those who don't read liberal blogs, on the other hand, are seeing a spectacle on television in which the news anchors repeatedly say that the congress is "stepping in to save Terry Schiavo" mimicking the unctuous words of Tom Delay as they grovel and leer at the family and nod sympathetically at the sanctimonious phonies who are using this issue for their political gain.

This is why we cannot trust the mainstream media.

That Texas baby thing is wide open if someone wants to write it on ATSNN.

I'd write something, but I'm busy.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks Mr. President the next time I have a domestic altercation I will expect you to take action and sign a bill in my favor against my husband.

Thanks Rant for the Texas story, we had a thread here about it, but it was forgotten as the Terri story became more juicy, with all the dirty dishes behind the husband people kind of like that.

And occurs how can we forget that everything that the government gets his hand on is all for political agenda.

I am telling you Bush score himself a big one.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I tell you something If I was the mother of the women that had her baby killed in Texas I would be asking for explanations and I would direct them straight to bush.

Since when we trade a life for another one because one is more valuable for political gain.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, Rant, you're digging up stuff i never saw. I'm disgusted. Very disgusted.

Where was the publicity on that baby?

I feel like a schitzo tonight...I say one thing then i see something you post and i want to take it back.
Thanks for all the information Rant, please dont hold anything back. I think we should have it all.

Why was that baby allowed to die?

See, this is why some people were counseling restraint, and saying "let the law handle it." The law has a very clear, measured system of precedent, so that previous situations can be examined and included into the logic presented to the jurors. When y'all get emotional, you rule with arbitrary, incomplete knowledge, and make pronouncements without having the fact base required for sound decisions. NO MATTER the situation with Schiavo, allowing the Congress to intervene in their affairs is dangerous, and a decision rooted solidly in emotion, not inteligence. It's rash, and if we would all think more of the future, the world, and indeed our society, would improve by leaps and bounds.

Once again RANT.
I'm SO glad the mods in this site are responsible enough not to make this bad situation worse, if you all had jumped on the bandwagon we'd have a real problem in keeping the facts straight. The case you pointed out is disgusting, and is tantamount to euthenasia, but nobody gives a damn, because that woman, and her baby, were black.
Just more garden variety racism and hyporcrisy from our elected officials.

So once again, everyone, think about the precedent this case sets. It allows unwarranted, undesired federal manipulation of private family matters for the political benefit of Washington fat cats to molify their special interests, and to the detriment of our 'free' society. That sort of interference cannot be countenanced by those who wish to remain even partially free from the designs of tyrants.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wyrdeone, I'm a slow lerner but i got it now.

This is revolting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join